Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.1

on 10/20/2012 12:49:00 PM

I really like these colors. They are cool-leaning and very light, but that is what I look for to wear every-day. I have found it really hard to find the perfect gray-brown colors, and urban decay Naked has way too much glitter/shimmer for me. So I picked this up and I'm glad I did. Lap dance, like a virgin, and unmentionables are perfect gray-brown colors. Stiletto is also a great black, which I don't wear very often but it is great. The other four colors aren't awful but aren't great. I do experience fallout with a few of these colors, but not enough to deter me from using them. Overall, for very light and natural colors, this is the best I have found.

on 6/17/2012 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like all the colors in this palette, but I can't personally use all of them or at least I haven't found a way to use them. I tend to use the three large base colors (birthday suit, in the bluff and pink cheeks). I love Birthday suit as an overall base for my eye makeup. I use Pink Cheeks and In the Buff to create highlight on my brow bone.

This palette was my first adventure into Too Faced makeup products. I like the look of their packaging design, but the palettes are kind of klunky and aren't very travel friendly. I see they used to have a drawer for a cheap makeup sponge...glad they got rid of that. I like the makeup guides they include with the palette, but I personally will never use them. As an artist I just find them visually interesting. Maybe someone else would find them really helpful.

The shadows themselves are very powdery and normally that would totally turn me off and I will admit that at first it did, but the more I used the shadows the more I realized that though they are powdery they are not chalky. The eyeshadows are very silky and I have seen people use the term "buttery" to describe Too Faced eyeshadows. I think that is a great term. Now they don't beat my favorite Mac eyeshadows, but they are still up there. I am especially fond of Birthday Suit and I wish Too Faced would sell this as an individual color. It isn't really anything special, but on my skin it creates the perfect base for my other eyeshadows. If I can't find a decent alternative I will probably break down and buy this palette again.

The other colors in this palette are pretty but I can't find much use for them. The good thing about this pallete the colors are muted and soft, but the problem with this palette is the colors are muted and soft. Some of the colors are just "meh" and even though my skin is pretty fair/medium these colors don't pop. Lately I don't want really "loud" colors, but some of these colors don't even make a "whisper" on my skin. Perhaps I like a little more drama than most who want naked eyes. Who knows.

I would definitely suggest this to anyone with fairer skin or who is new to makeup. There are some good colors in this kit, not all of them are great, but I think for a palette overall this is a good deal. Its not the greatest palette, but it has some winners in it. :)

on 2/12/2012 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love almost every palette that Too Faced has come out, and this is probably my favorite everyday eyeshadow palette of all time. I first got the 500-point sephora palette (which contains 2shades from 4 of thier palettes) and I found myself using it more and more often, especially with the 2 shades from Naked Eye kit (Satin Sheets, Like a Virgin). Satin Sheets now becomes my absolute favorite eyeshadow ever, if I could only wear one color in my entire life that would be it.
It is a very cool-toned palette, even though my skin tone is more on the neutral-warm side, I always tend to like cool-toned blushes and eyeshadows. I also got the Natural Eye kit, but I still love this one a little more. It gives you the perfect "Naked" looking, an illusion of not wearing any eye makeup, so it makes sense to be not too highly pigmented, and the colors are mostly very light and subtle to begin with. By the way they changed all the packaging (without the little drawer and the now) so it is very sleek and travel friendly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this months ago because i've been looking for a cool toned neutral palette. The colors and packaging are absolutely beautiful but that's pretty much where my love for this product ends. The eyeshadows are extremely powdery and have horrible fallout. I generally don't use these shadows during the day just because of the shimmery/glittery fallout. The pigmentation is complete crap to be honest. Although I have found that by using sponge tip applicators I get more pigment to show as opposed to using regular eyeshadow brushes. Now when the eyeshadows are used wet that is a completely different story. They are gorgeous when they are wet and honestly that's the only way I can use these. So if you're having problems with the pigmentation try using them wet. You shouldn't have to do that to get good color payoff which is why I have a love hate relationship with this palette but it's the only cool toned neutral palette that I have found so far. My favorite colors are Lap Dance, Like A Virgin and In The Buff. I'm unsure as to whether or not I would purchase this again because the pigmentation is just not up to par. If the pigmentation was better and there was less fallout this would be the perfect palette for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette it's a perfect natural and smokey eye palette I have hit pan on all of the eyeshadow except for like a virgin and unmentionables because they are much to dark for me but other than that LOVE this product eyeshadows are very pigmented and creamy and just apply perfectly to the eye area would recommend this to everybody

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like too faced packaging because it is very feminine and cutesy. Pink is my favorite color and they are heavy on the pink in their packaging. I love this kit because it is for creating exactly what it is supposed to which is a naked eye. If your looking for bold, standout or dramatic eyes, this kit will disappoint you and I would aim for the smokey eye kit instead. I love a natural yet feminine and soft pretty look for every day eyes, and so this kit is ideal for me. For the record, I use either the too faced shadow insurance or the udpp and it lasts until I remove it at the end of the night. I also find that even though a couple of the shadows have shimmer and a touch of glitter, it does not give a metallic or overly shimmery look. It is definitely more toned down.

on 9/5/2011 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love all of Too Faced Palettes. The instruction cards make application a breeze.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Adorable packaging, but that's pretty much where the love affair ends for me. The pigmentation and the longevity of these eyeshadows was disappointing to say the least, which is a shame because I had high expectations for the palette and liked how the colours looked in the pan. The texture wasn't as soft as I was expecting either. It looks cute in my make up collection at least.

on 7/17/2011 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased the palette with the blue on the cover. I love all the colors, they blend well, stay on and look great. I actually thought I was buying a different one but glad I picked this up.

I asked for this eye shadow set for christmas because I the colors looked gorgeous in sephora. This was a splurge item, it was fairly costly for eye shadows. I had high hopes that this would give me a beautiful natural eye, that I could wear often. However, I feel that the color pay off is terrible, I have to keep applying more of the same colors just to get them to show up. If you look very closely, you can see how pretty your eye makeup is but, it is almost too natural. I know lots of people love natural eyes, however, I would look for another pallet. On the positive side I love the packaging and there is one eye shadow called, "Pillow Talk," that is very pretty.