Avon Clearskin Professional Deep Pore Cleansing Scrub

4.5

Active: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Other: Water, Kaolin, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Silica, SD Alcohol 40-B, Glycerin, Bentonite, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Polyethylene, Sodium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Glyceryl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Thiodipropionic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Glycolic Acid, Zinc Hexapeptide-11, Hexapeptide-1, Capryloyl Glycine, Sarcosine, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Hexylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Carbomer, Fragrance, Menthol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Titanium Dioxide, Blue 1 Lake.

on 10/28/2016 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first time to use Avon's products.But it's not bad. The smell is fresh and it can really clean the overfull oil on my face especially on my nose.
The price is reasonable, most of you can afford it.
The bottle is plastic and there is no paster on that little hole even before you open it.That was the only thing I was not satisfied.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product is inexpensive and comes in a large tube. I used this product regularly and although it cleansed well, it did nothing for my adult hormonal acne. It left my skin feeling very refreshed and cool (so I'd avoid the eye area!) but sadly I saw no change to the acne. Also, the bottle got very clogged and blocked because it started drying out, making it very hard to get the product out, so I could no longer use the lid. I'm sure this product works for some people, but it didn't help me.

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A bit disappointing that this has been discontinued in Australia; it is the best cleanser for acne. You do, of course, still get the occasional pimple but I find that they reduce quickly and are gone in a matter of days. This has saved my once horrible skin! Nothing but good things about this. Keep in mind though, that it takes a month or two to see results. I've had numerous compliments on how much clearer my skin is looking!

on 7/31/2013 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I do love this stuff, even at 25, I still have the difficult skin of a teenager. On warm days, I can wash my face 3x with a medicated cleanser and still have oily slick skin a couple hours later. I even have to get my hairline, which makes washing quite a tedious task, having to dry parts of my hair after! Anyway, if I had to use one face wash forever, it'd be this one. Tingles nicely, leaves my face feeling very clean. I don't break out anymore save for the occasional pimple around that monthly visiting time as long as I'm diligent about my obsessive skincare routine. Huge pain in the butt, but, I guess I should be glad I found a routine that works. Salicylic acid wash, 2% acne pad, 10% benzoyl peroxide acne gel (hate the cream), worn as a mask at night and dry skin is still just a myth to me. My only gripe? Wish this came in a larger size! I go through it pretty fast.

This scrub/cleanser is fantastic for the price. I use it only on days when my skin is misbehaving and keep it well away from my eyes and really notice a difference. I think it is too harsh to use every day, at least on me. UPDATE: since I started using this on alternate mornings, my skin feels smoother and looks brighter. I only dislike the tube design - I cannot close it properly and water gets in from the shower. Wish it could be improved! UPDATE: now I'm getting a bit of 'peach fuzz' hair on my chin (yuk - middle age sucks!) I keep getting grains of this scrub caught in it whenever I use it. It's quite painful to remove as I've ended up pulling hairs out with it ... This doesn't happen with other scrubs. I still love it, but I'm careful not to use it on or near my jawline.

I wanted to start off saying that I have very acne-prone skin and it's extremely oily. I have had disfiguring acne since I was18. I'm talking about cystic acne that sits under the skin and is extremely painful. This type of acne almost never comes to a head and is very scarring (even if you don't mess with it). It also takes two weeks or longer to heal because it's so deep and hasn't come to a head. I've tried all sorts of products, even homeopathic regimens and nothing has worked for me. I would sometimes cry because its so embarrassing when people would look at me disgusted and sometimes strangers will come up to me and tell what to do to clear my skin. They obviously felt bad for me and only wanted to help. But it made me very sad that I stood out that much and they felt they had to help me. My mom bought me this from Avon and me thinking it would do no better than the other stuff I tried, I threw it in a box and stuffed it under the sink. There it sat for 8 months. I finally decided to try it out when I ended up with 7 painful cystic acnes and it was so painful I couldn't sleep. I washed my face that nite and took some pain pills and went to sleep. The next morning I noticed my skin wasn't so red. I still had pain but I overlooked it and was amazed at the redness reduction. So I then washed my face again and went on with my day. That night my skin actually looked a little brighter and I noticed very little oiliness. I was happy. I'm on my third day and let me tell you, all of my cysts except for one came to a head. Thats amazing, that means it's working and these cysts will heal up soon. All of the other pimples I had are almost completely gone. I am completely pleased with this product and the only thing I regret was not trying it sooner. Thanks mom and thanks Avon for a wonderful product. My self esteem is higher than ever and I'm looking for a great outcome in the months to come.

on 8/10/2012 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a great facial cleanser! I used to get so much acne on my forehead, and this is the only cleanser that's really helped. Of course, it isn't perfect, nothing can completely eliminate acne, but this cleanser offers great improvement. One warning though: After using this wash a few times, you may find that you get a few pimples on other parts of your face. THIS IS NOT A BAD THING! It's helping to draw out impurities, it isn't causing you to break out. Once these few pimples go away, they don't return. Another great thing about this cleanser is the cooling menthol sensation... it makes me feel like it's really doing its job. Again, this cleanser is great, I have no doubt in my mind that I'll buy this one again.

on 7/21/2012 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing!!! I would recommend this product to anyone struggling with acne. It makes your face super clean and smooth! It is one of the only products that has calmed my acne down. I swear by the Avon ClearSkin line now. HG product!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Best part of 3 steps system. Gentle exfoliating cleanser with a lot of refreshing menthol in it. I had few stubborn pimples on my chin for months and I got rid of them txs to this product (I'm sure it's this one, because it was the only step (of 3) I've used regullary). I keep using it because it refershes my face in the morning better than aanything else. But beware of contact with an eye, I somehow managed to get a little bit (probably the exfoliating pearl) in my eye and it took me 3 weeks to get rid of the red spot it caused

For me its the perfect scrub. Why? It leaves my skin clean AND soft. I think it's because of the glycolic acis and the tiny little exfoliants. Although I don't like the menthol smell I can still tolerate it because of the gorgeous effect.