Aveeno Aveeno Nourish + Shine Shampoo

Aveeno Aveeno Nourish + Shine Shampoo

3.7

Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Dimethicone, Sodium Cumenesulfonate, Cocamide MEA, Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycol Distearate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Gluten, Orbignya Speciosa Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-10, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Mica, Titanium Dioxide. May Also Contain: Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide.

This is my favorite shampoo! I am the one with dry hair who gets hair all frizzy every morning waking up from bed. This shampoo is excellent in making my hair moisturized and shiny. Like many other hair products, this shampoo needs to be followed by hair conditioner. The shampoo + conditional make it a good combination. But just the shampoo itself isn't enough. That's why I am giving it a 4-star.

I am using this shampoo for 3 months. Overall, it smoothens my hair and moisturizes. For the price like this it works well. Until I find another product i would buy this again!

on 12/12/2014 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am really surprised the reviews aren't better for this product. I bought this based on the shine factor and that mica was one of the ingredients. Mica seems to really make my hair shine. I have always been impressed with Aveeno products and used the moisture version of this shampoo last year. The shine version is even better. I do not use it up by my scalp where I still use a little of nioxin to help keep my scalp unclogged and healthy. The other 95% of my hair loves this stuff, especially in our cold and super dry winters. This stuff removes static and fly aways and really makes my hair moisturized and shiny. I did not think this weighed my hair down either. If anything I think I used less glossing cream because my hair did not seem dry and straw like. The fragrance is subtle and I don't do well with fragrance. I am happy with this :)

I have been using the Aveeno Nourish + Shine shampoo AND conditioner for almost 9 months now (My hair doesn't like the Nourish + Moisture ones though... =\). My hair used to be frizzy and damaged but now feels SO much more smooth and healthy! I barely have to do anything to my hair but blow-dry it and quickly run the straightener through to smooth it a little extra. I used to feel like I couldn't leave the house without sectioning off and meticulously straightening every part of my hair. But now my hair looks shiny and feels so smooth and soft. I also use the Aveeno Nourish + Condition Leave-In Treatment on my damp ends, brush through to disperse and then blow dry smooth. Also, just to be clear I only wash my hair once every 2 days. SOMETIMES 3... If I feel the need, I will sometimes wash my hair twice in the shower (if it has been 3 days) so it really feels clean. I then concentrate the conditioner on my ends, finger comb through to evenly distribute and then let it sit for about 5+ min while I finish shaving, etc. This Aveeno line is my HOLY GRAIL!

on 7/12/2013 3:28:00 PM

To be clear, the one I have is from Canada, and it is called

AVEENO POSITIVELY NOURISHING - Shine Shampoo.

I received this as part of a promo gift bag and only used it after finishing the other shampoos I have, and am very glad I did. Please read on.

The situation: Having moved from the West Coast where all my life my hair has only known soft water, and where I had shiny, healthy hair, it quickly deteriorated to dull, very dry, damaged hair. I like volume in my hair, so I had always bought volumizing shampoos.

I asked my hairdresser what to do, and she suggested to buy a filter for my showerhead, which I did not do. Instead, I resorted to the internet to look up treatments. I tried coconut oil, olive oil (which I had done in the past and still do occasionally), even applying apple cider vinegar. Nothing helped, and it was always a mess.

After just one shampoo of Aveeno Nourishing Shine, I noticed a huge difference in my hair. It was manageable and not dry. After the second shampoo, my hair was transformed to how it was when I was back home - healthy, shiny, strong.

I can't tell you what was the cause of the dry hair was (I only use a hair dryer, no products), but this was my solution, and I hope it works for you, too.

on 10/17/2012 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Here's the thing: if your hair is dry/damaged and you are looking for a hydrating/moisturizing shampoo, find something else. The silicone (dimethicone) is listed as the 3rd ingredient (after Water and Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate), which is an extremely high concentration. If your hair is dry, this won't help even if your hair appears healthier, and might make your hair condition worse in the long run.

That being said, if your hair IS in good shape, this shampoo is great. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying silicones are 100% bad, because I think if your hair is healthy you can definitely benefit from it. This shampoo makes your hair extremely soft and manageable, and shiny. The smell is mediocre but not strong at all and doesn't linger in the least. The consistency appears thin when dispensing but becomes strangely thick as you work it in. ALOT of lather, as well. The matching conditioner pairs nicely with this.

Just make sure you use a clarifying shampoo every 4th or 5th wash; too much product buildup is bad for anyone's hair.

I will continue to use this, perhaps switching between this and a purely moisturizing shampoo/conditioner to ensure my hair is properly hydrated and healthy. Pretty cheap for the salon quality results you get (even after your 1st wash).

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

For me - this stuff is terrific. I guess it just goes to show that different hair types have different needs. I'm 48 and have dry color treated hair (blonde but I color the grey) and this is by far the BEST shampoo I have tried. And I've tried them all, including the most expensive like Kerastasse. After spending money on color, the last thing i want to do is ruin it. But honestly, this shampoo (and now the matching conditioner) are the best combination for my hair. They leave it remarkably soft and clean, and actually shiny. (It's very hard for blonde hair to be shiny because it doesn't reflect light as well as darker hair.) And I can go 2 or even 3 days without washing. It looks amazing after I use the flat iron, too. So if you have dry or greying hair, give this a try. I am almost finished with a bottle and will definitely buy it again. And at $5.99 it is a huge bargain!

on 5/4/2012 1:53:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I purchased this shampoo for about $4 at Walmart. The first time I used it I did notice some shine, but after that my hair was dull again. It does create build up on my hair, and it has a strange smell. Would not repurchase and I do not recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this shampoo as my regular for about as long as it's been out. The smell is neutral to me: not bad, not wonderful, not really even noticeable. I love that it makes my thick, curly hair smooth and shiny enough to reflect light. This product is very moisturizing for a shampoo. I can understand how it might be too heavy for thinner and finer hair types. I do use a clarifying shampoo now and then because I think uninterrupted use of this product would be too much heaviness for my hair. But for day to day, it isn't too expensive and it cleans and moisturizes very nicely.

Absolute best shampoo and conditioner I have ever used. I'm a 17 year old girl with mildly damaged, colour treated hair. This line of Aveeno shampoos has restored my hair and made it soft and manageable. I am only writing this review because I fully trust this and back myself up 100% after using and repurchasing this shampoo for 7 or 8 months straight. I did want to try another shampoo for the main reason I did not want my hair building up a resistance but I returned 2 different brands on separate occasions and went back to Aveeno shampoo. I highly recommend this to anyone. The price is nothing outrageous and I think it is worth a try and you won't regret buying it one bit. Hope I helped!