Filtered by age: 36-43

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am married to this stuff. After my first couple of bottles, I dared stray to other foundations/ tinted moisturizers/ BB creams. I finally learned my lesson, and now will buy nothing else for this purpose, as long as it is available.
My skin is very fair and cool-toned, verging on pink... When I have tried in the past to use a more yellow-leaning or even "neutral" foundation to tone down the ruddiness, the result has been... ORANGE, especially after any oxidation at all.
Enter Skin79 Hot Pink, in all its greige glory. This is the one and only product that has rendered my skin *beige*. Neutral. Fair, but neither pink or yellow. Lovely.
The formula is creamy and has a quasi-satin-demi-matte finish, which does not budge or transfer. It is neither drying nor oily... just beautiful.
I do use Pacifica's Iris and Jasmine oil-controlling primer beneath it in the warmer months, and this helps keep my t-zone in control.
I love the excellent sun protection this provides... the coverage (don't need concealer even under my eyes, most days) the dewy-but-not-shiny finish, and excellent wear.
I'm on my bazillionth bottle, and will repurchase again and again.

on 3/29/2015 2:15:00 AM

I really like nearly everything about this BB cream -- the coverage is perfect, the color blends with my own fairly easily, it doesn't smell, and it has spf. If only it was cruelty free!

on 8/10/2014 9:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Meh...I've used better...and worse...It's very pale...I like a more yellow base...but it feels good on the skin..and I got it at a discount on ebay...7 bucks...(the box was crushed)..but I did my research and it was the real deal...a lot of counterfeits out there...all in all...just meh...;)...

After using this for a minute...I have to say there is a lingering effect of some moderate skin improvement...so I'll see my MEH...and I'll raise it with a hmmm...no too shabby...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Thought I would try this out for the summer months instead of the hold one but the coverage is waaaay too sheer! I think someone with really great skin could get away with it but it really hides nothing for me. I don't like the color as well as the gold either. I'm an NC25 and the gold has more yellow I think than this one. This seems more grey to me.

on 3/24/2014 11:51:00 PM

I purchased Pink label BB cream by Skin79 from Amazon and have been very pleased.
Fantastic matte coverage even after a 35 mile bike ride. I also applied the Skin79 sun protection powder and touched up once mid way through the ride. Works well with my combination skin. Looking forward to trying the anti aging line as well.

on 3/1/2014 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I like how light this BB cream feels on my skin. It doesn't have that 'heavy' foundation feel. Coverage is light to medium. I no longer need to use concealer under my eyes, which is great because I always feel that concealer makes my under-eye areas look cakey and aging no matter how little I use. I do, however, need to apply a second layer to cover the redness caused by broken capillaries around my nose and upper lip area.
I am NC 20-25 combination skin, and the color matches well with my skin tone. I feel that my face actually looks brighter, with a slight dewy finish. I don't set it with powder since it's winter now, but I may have to powder my T-zone in summer.
Be sure to moisturize prior to applying this cream.
Overall, this BB cream is a keeper!

on 11/27/2013 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have hormonal acne, oily skin, bad hyperpigmentation, pitted scarring, large pores. I purchased at crystal mall for 23cad. I like this bb cream but would not rebuy bc it's not the best color match for me, I've heard many claims that it will adjust to your skin tone and while it may adjust slightly making your skin look better-the difference between my neck was just way too obvious, I now fix it by adding one of my darker mineral powders so that I don't look like I'm wearing a face mask. (Missha bb cream in no 23 is a way better match). What I do like about skin 79 is that it makes my pores look way smaller, it's got decent oil control and has pretty good coverage, it basically does this weird thing where it tricks your eyes to make you look like you have better skin than you actually do, I have to say that my skin looks pretty decent, pretty smoothed out and pretty even, unfortunately I need better color match. I'm also suspecting that the whitening properties is working bc my skin is looking a bit lighter than I remember. I would probably choose missha over this the next time just bc of color but nonetheless still a good bb cream if its your color.

As other reviewers have found, this BB cream has a grey-ish tinge to it when first applied but then adapts to your skin tone (not colour) fairly well, especially once you've applied powder over it. I'd say it's ideally suited to NC15-20 skin tones, hence I only wear it in the winter/spring months before my skin darkens. It is fairly thick but sheers out very well with a brush but you only need a very small amount. You can take it right up to the eyes and use less concealer in the process. On summer days when I need a bit of extra help with my problem skin, I squeeze equal amounts of BB cream and foundation, mix well and apply with a brush. The look is great and I still get the high SPF protection and skin-loving properties of a BB cream. It's not my absolute favourite, which is Smashbox in Light, but only because of the slightly off colour. In every other way it's perfect, especially if you have fairer skin than mine.

on 5/30/2013 1:43:00 PM

This is the best BB cream on the market. I've tried a few and none have compared to this one. I love it! It's creamy and has great coverage. I've ordered it from Seoul Beauty on Amazon or KoComall.com.

on 4/11/2013 10:59:00 AM

Product - Very impressed with this product. I have been using this for about a month. I don't have any major skin issues (so I can't attest to any healing or preventative properties), but I prefer to wear a TM or BB cream to even out my coloring. This BB cream does in fact lean a little grayish mauve before application. Since I don't need a ton of coverage, and we live in a very dry climate, I blend this 50/50 with my moisturizer/serum before applying - something heavier when my skin is feeling particularly dry, or a light daily SPF15 moisturizer during summer months. (I'll update this review if I ever wear it straight from the bottle.) It goes on smoothly and blends easily. Unlike some TMs it doesn't seem to highlight dry flaky areas of skin as badly. Does a great job of evening out my coloring and leaves a flawless canvas with which to work. I'm AAB/NC25 so I suppose this BB cream was "meant" for gals like me. Indeed, it is an excellent match for me. What I like most about this BB cream is its water-resistance - it may even be waterproof. My old TM would rub off easily whenever I touched my face, blew my nose, whatever. This BB stays puts and never comes off on a tissue or scarf or hands, yet it doesn't plug my pores or weigh down my skin. Doesn't feel heavy or greasy or drying. I love that I can touch my face during the day and not worry about it wearing or rubbing off. It wears so well, it feels like I'm not wearing a BB or TM at all. Washes off without difficulty at the end of the day with my usual skincare routine.

Packaging - Full size unit is a squat cylinder of fuschia plastic, and the top surface is pressed to push product out of a small hole at the top of the cylinder. Surprisingly good control.

Other - What the heck is "beblesh"? LOL.

Overall - Pretty sure this is a HG item, but I'll be trying some of the other Skin79 BB formulations anyway to confirm :)

UPDATE: I decided to keep both the Hot Pink Super+ and VIP Gold Super+ on hand. Turns out the Gold is better suited for my skin during the drier winter months, and Hot Pink during warmer weather. continued >>