LUSH Ultrabalm

Filtered by hair type : Other

4.4

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

This is a great multi-purpose product. I use it as a lip balm, hand cream, body cream and face cream when travelling. I really love it for my hands! So so soft... It can also be used to base the hairline when coloring. The smell takes a bit time to get used to if you are not into the "natural/earthy/waxy" kind.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I swear that with one application of this stuff my lip irritation went significantly down. I'm so glad I decided to purchase this and not the Alba un-petroleum jelly (which has beeswax in it). This is a great natural, vegan alternative to Aquaphor. Yes, it doesn't smell all that great and the texture is a little rough, but that's alright with me.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Another favourite! This is fairly cheap for a Lush product and it's just so lovely. It has no noticeable scent or colour and it's great for any kind of dry skin. I also use it as a lip balm in the same way that some people would use vaseline. The oils are lovely and softening, although sometimes when it's cold the formula gets a little gritty before you put it on your skin. I will most certainly buy again.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Everything burns or irritates my skin. This doesn't. I use it all over my face including undereye. It leaves my skin looking and feeling perfect. I've also been using it on a nasty poison ivy scar: after a week it's faded exponentially.

Simple and effective. It has three ingredients and comes in a simple, recyclable aluminum tin. Unlike most of Lush's products; it has no added perfume. I think the resulting scent is neutral: like Vaseline. Neither pleasing or offensive. However after using it for a week, I've come to view it as the scent of calmed skin.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This product is essentially a combination of Jojoba oil, Candelilla Wax, and Rose Wax. I liked it alot when I first purchased it, enough to use up an entire tin and repurchase. However, I do not think I will be repurchasing for a second time.

I originally liked it as a multi-purpose moisturizer for body and face. I liked how it was all natural, it sinks right in, and gives light sustained moisture. I also liked how I could use it all over and anywhere that needed moisture.

However, the longer I used this product, the more I grew to dislike it. I feel as though the moisture this product gives is not enough (and I have combination - normal skin). Yes, it does sink in, but my skin still feels dehydrated when I use this long term. Secondly, I can no longer use this product on my face. When I apply it near my eyes overnight, I wake up with puffy eyes. When I apply this on my nose overnight, I wake up with black junk in my pores. And when I apply this on my cheeks, I eventually get scattered clogs.

Ultrabalm, I thought you were HG. But now I know, you were not meant to be :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Ultrabalm is THE perfect all-natural substitute for Vaseline & petroleum jelly products - think I've found a keeper here! I prefer to keep my skincare products natural and was recommended Ultrabalm by Lush staff for dry lips and patches of dry skin on my arms from a combination of winter weather and mild eczema since my skin was in such a bad place at the time.
At 8.25 for a small 45g tin it does seem on the pricey side, although as you only need a tiny amount it lasts for ages - I'm barely halfway through my first tin I bought a year ago. It has a pleasant 'woody' smell similar to Lush's Ultrabland cleanser - if you're not a fan of the smell don't worry, it doesn't linger as much. I was pleased to see the formula is kept simple and natural with no chemical nastiness - just organic jojoba oil, rose wax and candelilla wax.
There are literally hundreds of uses for this product - I use it as an emergency overnight lip treatment and wake up with baby-soft lips, as well as on my dry knuckles and heels in winter during the day when I don't want to apply greasy hand cream or foot cream all over. My skin always turns out super-soft and lovely afterwards. Even my boyfriend uses it to relieve sore dry skin on his hands and elbows caused by irritant chemicals after working on cars all day. It can be used just like Vaseline but without the worry of putting chemicals on your skin - ideal for removing makeup, using when dyeing hair to prevent stained skin, tattoo balm, you name it.
The only negatives: it feels slightly gritty, again like Ultrabland cleanser, which is why I only use it on my lips occasionally. Also it can be messy to keep sticking your fingers in the tin so it would be great if they did a compact tin for hygiene.
I really do recommend this to anyone with dry skin patches or who wants a natural alternative to Vaseline - this product is seriously amazing and 100% worth the purchase!

A rich slick of something oily when I want it, and no real fuss. Need to use it up quickly as like most Lush it doesn't have much in the way of preservatives.

Another total letdown from lush. I was hoping this would be a great multi use product. I had bought it with the intention on using on fresh tattoos in place of a petroleum-based balm like a&d or aquaphor, since petroleum can block the pores. I also thought its be good for cuticles and lips, maybe even stretched earlobes. Well...the smell of this was straight up horrid. One sniff and I swear I literally puked in my mouth a bit. It smells rotten, rancid, and very strongly chemical-y (why when it only has like 2 or 3 ingredients and is natural? And No I didn't get an expired one or anything like that). I could just not stand the smell so could not use the product. Also when I received it the outside of the container had the melted oil all over it and got all over all my other items in my order (no it wasn't warm out causing it to melt, it was like 10 degrees Fahrenheit outside lol). Big disappointment. If it didn't smell or they fix the smell I'd retry, maybe..

I purchased this balm a couple of weeks ago when I went into the LUSH store to pick up my favourite soap.

Basically this is a very natural product with only three ingredients, Jojoba oil, Candelilla wax and Rose wax.

I was surprised when I first opened this balm because it is really hard, like candle wax hard, I was expecting to be able to swipe and apply like most other balms.

Has no fragrance, for some reason I thought Rose because of the Rose wax but it just smells like wax.

With this you need to rub your finger across the surface until the friction melts some of the balm to oil and then you can apply it to your skin.

It is oily but not overly greasy. It applies well and you can use it on just about anything.

The label says "for bits that chap and chafe", so far I have used it as a balm for lines on my face, round my eyes, my lips, dry spots on my skin, scars and massaged into the ends of my hair.

I like that the oil absorbs easily into my skin and there is no greasy after feel. Leaves my skin feeling soft, moisturised and helps plump out those pesky frown lines.

I don't particularly like it as a lip balm, I find it too thin and it doesn't stay on your lips but I like to smooth it around my lip area because it is a great moisturiser and then I add lip balm.

You get 45g of balm in a tin with a screw on lid, which is a great bonus as anyone who has wrestled with a lip balm lid which just won't come off will testify.

Great value as a little goes a long way and one tin should last you a very long time.

Anyone who loves the idea of an all purpose natural product would love this balm, I do

Love this! This saved my awful, dried heels. This could practically be used anywhere (I would not recommend using it on the face though). I usually use this on my elbows, knees, heels, lips, or any really dry places. It is expressive where I live, about $15, but it lasts forever! I highly recommend this for those who have really dry patches that are hard to moisturize. If it can save my heels, then it can save your dry patches!

Top Rated Lip Treatments