LUSH Ultrabalm

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

4.7

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

This new product from LUSH is a winner! Described by the company as an "all purpose balm for all your bits," I fell in love with it primarily due to how it worked on my constantly dry, ragged cuticles. Lemony Flutter worked well for a time, but I switched to Dior's apricot creme as it was heavier and ultimately did a better job. But the scent of Dior can be a little overwhelming, and the consistency can be too thick, especially on a hot summer day.

So I considered it serendipity when I happened across Ultrabalm, which has the loveliest consistency of any moisturizing product I've ever tried. It looks thick and waxy, and at first touch it feels almost too oily and slippery. But it sinks in so nicely, so quickly. Its powerhouse moisturizing ability is to die for! I now use this on my cuticles, on any dry patches, and my heels after a shower. I also keep another tub by my bed so I can apply it on my lips before bed.

This retails for $12.95, which is inexpensive for how long this should last and how wonderfully it performs. Perfection!

This is the best product that has come around in a LONG time. I am currently on Accutane and my lips and face have been severely dry for the past few months. I especially had a horrible split/crack on a corner of my mouth that was not healing. Usually Aquaphor is my HG-but nothing was working.

Luckily I wandered into Lush and the amazing SA gave me a sample to help with the split on the side of my mouth. It took only one day/night of applying Ultrabalm to heal it. AMAZING!!!! It feels wonderful, doesn't have a strong fragrance, and most importantly heals! For the price and the size of the large tin, you are getting a lot for you money!! Go out and get this!!

Far be it for me to ruin the perfect score this product has here, because you guys -- Ultrabalm is AMAZING. At first I thought it was an overhyped, useless product, basically a natural version of Vaseline, am I right? But then. But then! I bit the bullet and bought it for 7.50 GBP in LUSH Edinburgh, among the raving of various SAs who were helping me pick out products. The consistency is wonderful; if you leave it somewhere warm it turns into an almost creamy paste, and if you keep it at room temperature, it is just a wee bit harder. The smell is very fresh and neutral, a slightly herbal, bland smell -- how exciting can jojoba, candelilla, and rose get? Since buying a pot of this I've used it for everything. Lips dried out from overzealous lipgloss application? Ultrabalm. Heels looking a mess due to wearing flipflops all summer? Ultrabalm. No eye makeup remover because I flew into Chicago without luggage, and had to fit everything into a quart-sized bag? Ultrabalm. Hand cream gone missing under the couch and cuticles begging for help? Ultrabalm. Mosquito bites that I wasn't prepared for? Ultrabalm. Something to help enhance the scent of my summer fragrance (Marc Jacob Daisy)? Ultrabalm.

This isn't an exaggeration. I seriously cannot think of a day I haven't used this product somewhere. Go out and buy it and prepare to be amazed. "Multipurpose" product, without a doubt. Total and complete love from this reviewer.

Overall, this is a really good multi-purpose product. It really does soothe and moisturize like the description says it does. Comparing this to the Egyptian Magic Cream, it's got a grittier texture, which I like, because it exfoliates my lips better. I also like how it comes in a smaller size (1.4 oz.), whereas I could only find the Egyptian Magic Cream available in a 4 oz. plastic jar. The only thing that I active dislike about this product is the smell. I tend to like my products either unscented or sweet-smelling (think of scents such as lavender, coconut, vanilla, or rose). Well, it does contain roses in it, rose wax (Damascena), that is, but the smell is more. . .spicy? In an icky sort of way. I don't know. Most people I know say that the scent of the balm is either pretty unoffensive or that they don't smell like anything at all. Maybe I'm just crazy. Anyways, if you're looking for an organic/natural alternative to a regular balm such as Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, then the Lush Ultrabalm would be worth checking out.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This all purpose balm works great as a lip conditioner, I apply it on at night before I go to bed and I wake up with amazingly soft lips. It also works great on elbows and any area needing extra moisture. I have a feeling this will be in my must haves for a very long time!

I really like this product. It's so simple, but it works well. It heals up my chronically chapped lips like nothing else, and is pretty much the only thing that keeps my cuticles in shape. It's made of jojoba oil and two types of wax; for some reason straight jojoba oil doesn't do much for me, but this stuff works wonderfully. It sinks right in and leaves my skin soft, not greasy.

The smell isn't good (smells like wax), but it's not a big issue for an effective product. I bought the sample tin of this for $2 and it's great for keeping in my purse as a lip balm; I'll definitely be going back for the full size.

I've been on the hunt for a lip balm that is petroleum free and one that is more natural. This is due to the fact that with chronic and frequent use, we all tend to ingest lip balm/lipsticks regularly.

This is now HG for me. I've only used it on my lips but it sure could do well on cuticles and dry skin. My old standby lipbalm was Kiehl's #5. However, I would always wake up with SUPER dry lips in the AM and dry lips all day. Now, I apply this just before bed and my lips are still soft in the morning. I only use this when at home as it doesn't have any SPF in it.

It is also one of the more natural balms with only three ingredients: organic jojoba oil, candelilla wax and rose wax. Plus - no parabens! (If you don't like musky flavors though, this isn't for you. You can definitely taste the rose factor.)

Due to it's extremely soft texture, it comes in a tin. I usually prefer to have lip balms in a stick form so that I don't have to dip fingers into an increasingly contaminated pot. Given how awesome this balm is, I'll get over it. Depotting into smaller pots makes this more travel/purse friendly.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love this product, period. I am a regular Lush customer and I've heard how Ultrabalm does wonders but I never bothered to purchase it. There was this one day I woke up with a disgusting, noticeable, cut on my bottom lip. Whenever I talked or ate, my lip would bleed. My lips were extremely dry and I had to alternate lipbalms because my lips weren't moisturized. Plus, the cut wasn't healing. I went to Lush, right after my piano lesson and bought a mini sample of Ultrabalm. After trying it, it healed my dry lips + the cut! Since the ingredients are all natural, I am more intrigued to buy this product. Bye, bye Vaseline and hello Ultrabalm!

I primarily use this as a lip balm, it is absolutely wonderful for that. I have also used it on my nails/cuticles, to condition my lashes at night, and on any dry patches I might have on my hands, elbows, etc. No, the smell isn't the best but I'm very pleased that there is no added fragrance. I have a mini tin for my purse and a full sized one at home. I won't be without this!

Edit: I just got over a cold and was dealing with the dry, flakey nose of doom that develops from blowing one's nose a million times. This helps TREMENDOUSLY with that and I'm sure had I actually used it when I was blowing my nose the most I wouldn't have had such sore, dry skin on/around my nose.

I've been using this every day since I got it and also bought one for my mum (she loves it too). So far I've only used it as a lip balm but can definitely see myself using it for other things if the need arises. I've always had very dry lips and they get really bad especially with changing seasons. This and Lush's lip scrubs have been the best thing thats ever happened to my lips. I love that this balm only has a few ingredients and actually sinks into my lips instead of just sitting on top of them and it feels like it really is moisturising. You also get soooo much product for only 7.90!

Top Rated Lip Treatments