LUSH Ultrabalm

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

4.2

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love ultrabalm! It is a decent amount for the price you pay, so I think it's worth the price. It is similar to pawpaw cream. It has so many uses too. I put it on my lips, any cuts/rashes/chafing and it even calms eczema. Will most definitely be buying this again!

I've had this for a day, and bought it to replace bepanthen for a new tattoo (7 days old).
Oh my G. So good.
Tattoo is itching like a mofo, and the initial graininess (which does go away) feels like heaven when you're rubbing it over (my tattoo didn't scab, is just peeling, so I probably wouldn't recommend this slice of pleasure with a scabby one) The Rose Wax is brilliant at helping soothe the itch as well.
I couldn't resist putting it all over my face and lips before bedtime and so far it feels like relief. The cold weather wreaks havoc with my face, and this has literally helped with moisture levels and has given my face a nice plump look with a dewy glow. I guess you can put it anywhere you'd put Vaseline.
It's not really like our dear friend Vas though because it sinks in, rather than just sits on top looking shiny. Also it's not a by-product of petrol.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Another favourite! This is fairly cheap for a Lush product and it's just so lovely. It has no noticeable scent or colour and it's great for any kind of dry skin. I also use it as a lip balm in the same way that some people would use vaseline. The oils are lovely and softening, although sometimes when it's cold the formula gets a little gritty before you put it on your skin. I will most certainly buy again.

I do like this balm but it feels grainy, and whenever I apply on my lips (and anywhere else) I can feel the texture of the little grains. When I rub/warm the product up they dissolve, but it's not convenient to do that whenever I want to use it.. I wonder if I just got a bad one. But I can't fully enjoy it and it's not exactly cheap either. A bit disappointing.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This product is essentially a combination of Jojoba oil, Candelilla Wax, and Rose Wax. I liked it alot when I first purchased it, enough to use up an entire tin and repurchase. However, I do not think I will be repurchasing for a second time.

I originally liked it as a multi-purpose moisturizer for body and face. I liked how it was all natural, it sinks right in, and gives light sustained moisture. I also liked how I could use it all over and anywhere that needed moisture.

However, the longer I used this product, the more I grew to dislike it. I feel as though the moisture this product gives is not enough (and I have combination - normal skin). Yes, it does sink in, but my skin still feels dehydrated when I use this long term. Secondly, I can no longer use this product on my face. When I apply it near my eyes overnight, I wake up with puffy eyes. When I apply this on my nose overnight, I wake up with black junk in my pores. And when I apply this on my cheeks, I eventually get scattered clogs.

Ultrabalm, I thought you were HG. But now I know, you were not meant to be :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I like this, but don't love it as much as I expected to.

I have persistent dry patches on and around my lips, and Ultrabalm seems to have helped some with that, without causing breakouts. You do need to reapply often, though.

I'm not really crazy about the cucumber-y scent, but it doesn't bother me. I'll use up this tin, but I'll probably try something else next time.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I walked into Lush just to look around and browse but not purchase anything as I was just starting to re-furbish my skin care regime. The sales lady talked me into buying this and while I'm not entirely hating it, I don't particularly like it either. Apparently they use this as the base for their lip colour line so I've been using it as a lip balm. It has made the clogged pores around my lips disappear because it's completely non-comedogenic, unlike most natural lip chaps that have coconut oil in them. It's a little too oily for my liking for other body parts, even my lips it doesn't seem to really nourish enough. The oiliness is actually a little irritating. It doesn't smell so great. My boyfriend agrees that isn't the nicest thing in the world. One bonus is that it lasts forever because you don't need much. It's ok, but I'd prefer to look for something better and more nourishing. I won't repurchase.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Lush is my go-to brand ever since i stopped using animal tested products, of the few things I've used, no product has disappointed me and this isn't the exception.I've used this on mosquito bites, some minor cuts,cuticles and pretty much everything and I have to say this is the BEST balm ever, it is kind of expensive but since you don't need a lot I guess this is going to last for ages, I would definitely repurchase and recommend.

I've used this for everything. Diaper cream. Lip balm. Hand cream. Lotion. And it's never disappointed

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Ultrabalm is THE perfect all-natural substitute for Vaseline & petroleum jelly products - think I've found a keeper here! I prefer to keep my skincare products natural and was recommended Ultrabalm by Lush staff for dry lips and patches of dry skin on my arms from a combination of winter weather and mild eczema since my skin was in such a bad place at the time.
At 8.25 for a small 45g tin it does seem on the pricey side, although as you only need a tiny amount it lasts for ages - I'm barely halfway through my first tin I bought a year ago. It has a pleasant 'woody' smell similar to Lush's Ultrabland cleanser - if you're not a fan of the smell don't worry, it doesn't linger as much. I was pleased to see the formula is kept simple and natural with no chemical nastiness - just organic jojoba oil, rose wax and candelilla wax.
There are literally hundreds of uses for this product - I use it as an emergency overnight lip treatment and wake up with baby-soft lips, as well as on my dry knuckles and heels in winter during the day when I don't want to apply greasy hand cream or foot cream all over. My skin always turns out super-soft and lovely afterwards. Even my boyfriend uses it to relieve sore dry skin on his hands and elbows caused by irritant chemicals after working on cars all day. It can be used just like Vaseline but without the worry of putting chemicals on your skin - ideal for removing makeup, using when dyeing hair to prevent stained skin, tattoo balm, you name it.
The only negatives: it feels slightly gritty, again like Ultrabland cleanser, which is why I only use it on my lips occasionally. Also it can be messy to keep sticking your fingers in the tin so it would be great if they did a compact tin for hygiene.
I really do recommend this to anyone with dry skin patches or who wants a natural alternative to Vaseline - this product is seriously amazing and 100% worth the purchase!

Top Rated Lip Treatments