wet n wild Color Icon - Walking on Eggshells

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/13/2017 1:21:00 PM

This is a gorgeous staple for EVERYONE's makeup bag. The pigment of these shadows rival high end eyeshadow: the lightest shade is a stunning satin ivory that looks very much like MAC shroom, the middle shade is a warm neutral medium brown and the eyelid is a gorgeous pinky beige that looks like MAC's naked lunch. All 3 shades brighten up eyes without looking overdone. If you add NYX yogurt as a base you can make the shimmer in these shadows stand out for a more glamorous look. The price is incredible, quality impeccable, and they can be worn just about any day. My only complaint, if i had to: is the packaging. It is flimsy and kind of dull. Otherwise...it's whats on the inside that counts isn't it? :P

My review is for the older version. There's been a reformulation (I haven't seen it yet, just read about it) around the end of 2017 and apparently it's not as good. I bought mine in December 2017 instore so luckily there's still lots of stock left to find. I consider this more a 4.5 than a 5 out of 5.

I put off buying this for a long time because people always seemed to consider it good "for the price", and I'd previously tried and loathed the WnW brushes which everyone else always raved about (seriously.. what do people see in them? Soft bristles don't mean jack if they're so soft and synthetic they don't pick up any product...). If you read my profile you'll see I hate wasting money on "dupes" that are actually inferior quality but raved about solely due to the price.

I wish I hadn't waited so long, because this palette is incredible. It's a thousand times better than my Lorac Pocket Pro, which I dislike for being too easy to muddy and mess up. I consider this formula to be a more pigmented, longer lasting version of the shimmer shadow quality in my Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Vol I. It's very easy to blend, has very little fall out, and is very flattering on my strongly yellow toned NC15 - NC20 complexion.

Another reason why I put this off for so long was because I thought the colours wouldn't match me. Every other light pink/beige/ivory shimmer clashed with my tone and creased and faded badly within a couple of hours, even over good quality primer in Winter. This doesn't fade much, and I do get some creasing in four hours, but lightly running a finger along my crease instantly fixes it without making the appearance muddy, unlike my attempts with other shadows. They look far nicer on my lid than they do when swatched on my arm. This is the only pink I've found that looked not-terrible on my skin tone. It is not at all prone to that streaky application I get when trying to pat on light pastel shimmer shades from other brands.

This is also the only eyeshadow I've ever bought that I've loved immediately, even if I don't take the price into account. For comparison I have bought Tarte, Lorac Pro, Chi Chi, Coastal Scents (mostly shimmers, all of which I researched to find the best ones first) and Elizabeth Arden. My biggest deal breaker when it comes to shadows is fall out. I hate fall out. My priorites are blending and smooth applications. I don't mind lesser pigmented shades as long as they can be built up easily and evenly. I noticed that this one has some shimmery sparkly fall out after a few hours if worn packed on without primer, but I had to be in direct light for that to be noticeable. I don't mind this too much though because I couldn't see colour fall out, just sparkles - but that may be because this palette is fairly close to my skin tone so I wouldn't notice. The sparkles did irritate my eyes a bit though.

I imagine someone with a darker skin tone than me who also has drier eyelids will like but not love this because of all of that, but for someone like me who wants soft glowy halo looks with minimal effort, hates muddy looks, and is used to lightly running their finger along their eye crease routinely anyway, this is the best palette for you.

If you have heard all the fuss about this but you didn't want to buy it because you hate wasting money on generic neutral shades that you've only ever heard be described as good for what you pay for... Go for it. This is hands down the best formulation in my collection. I'm actually going to destash my Lorac now, even though the colours aren't the same.

So this may sound contradictory what with my glowing review and 5/5 stars and all, but it isn't perfect. The sparkle fall out and eye irritation detract from this somewhat, but everything else about this is so spot on that I can't bring myself to bring it down a full star.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I have a faded scar running unevenly along my right eye crease, and every single matte shade I've tried - and most shimmers - apply unevenly on it, and wear off rapidly. This was not the case for this palette at all. I am very impressed with it for that.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a necessary staple in my collection. Every color is perfect, and I would recommend it for anyone. For the price, this trio is a steal. The light color is great for highlighting the brow bone and the inner corner, the crease color looks good on its own, and the pink-champagne color is one of the prettiest eyeshadows I've come across. A+++

on 10/7/2016 1:24:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I was such a snob about this product. I saw YouTubers rave about it but still stuck my nose in the air. How could an eyeshadow tio that costs 2.99 be good AT ALL? I have had some really crappy shadows from the drugstore and while I love drug store products, all of my shadows come from prestige lines. UNTIL NOW. I purchased this after a friend and I had a discussion on how awesome some drug store mascaras are. She told me about the Wet N Wild shadow trios and said they are buttery and pigmented. I went out and purchased Walking on eggshells and literally it has been on my eyes EVERY SINGLE DAY since I bought it about two weeks ago, I haven't even touched another eye shadow in two weeks. I am going to be purchasing this shadow trio FOR LIFE. Believe me, if you're on the fence, BUY IT NOW. I can't wait to try more colors, although I don't think the selection was great other than this one, I'll certainly try them especially for the price! Only con is the packaging. Crappy, cheap packaging. But trust me, it's worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Found my eyeshadow fave of the moment :) I'm seriously never ceasing to be impressed with WnW powders- blushes, bronzers and shadows. It's one area they do consistently well. The pigmentation, shimmer, creaminess and longitivity of these shadows rivals the highest of the high end. Seriously, packaging aside they're top quality and their reviews speak to that.
The colors in this palette are great everyday-wear shades- your pale champagne gold, your light dusty mauvey rose, and your medium golden bronze. They are pigmented and shimmery and not chalky in the least. I didn't experience any fallout either!
The price is a steal- not to mention it was BOGO on WnW cosmetics at CVS. You simply cannot beat these for the price.

I'm a teacher so I need a product that is cheap but not too overdone for everyday. This product is great. I mix the brown and pink for a light wash over the eye with a little highlight on the brow bone. Perfect for everyday and easy to repurchase.

on 3/30/2016 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love this stuff. Super cheap, buttery, pigmented - all you could wish for from an eyeshadow. I use these daily. I adore the lighter shades, but find I dont use the brown as much as I prefer matte crease colours. The brow bone shade doubles as a FANTASTIC cheek highlight too!

I have alot if palettes but I've used this daily for the last year for the highlighter and pink. I love using this for the browbone and the pink for the center to make the eyes pop or a transition color. I also would use the brown when I would take my makeup to work when I was running late I would just run it across the crease of depth. I would pack this and use all three and get superior results in lazy sleepy bathroom applications. This, colorstay whipped, and mascara...good to go. Lol but I use this when doing my makeup good, and I love the white. It's one of the best ever and it's dirt cheap, it's shimmery but not disco kind but one the reflects light subtly it's so good for the browbone....I use the under urban decay primer, last eight hours, finely milled, good soft texture and pigmentation. The packaging is cheap hasn't broke on me or anything.

on 11/26/2015 1:42:00 PM

I give this 4-4.5 out of 5

This makes for a really pretty everyday eye look. I supplement this with a matte peach eyeshadow in the crease to get the look I want, because I always need some matte in my eye looks and this trio is entirely frost/shimmer.

I kinda disagree with the reviews praising the pigmentation of this. I feel that the top 2 shadows show up true to the way they appear in the pan, but the bottom shadow does not appear as peachy as it does in the pan. Instead it goes on as more of a pale champagne color. It's still pretty, but not the beautiful peachy-pink it appears in the pan. You would have to use it over a pink base in order to make the pink tones come out, I think.

Otherwise these shadows apply evenly with minimal fall-out, and are extremely blendable. In my opinion this is probably one of the eyeshadow products available at the drugstore.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really love this eyeshadows