Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner
Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

4.6

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This was the first gel eyeliner I've tried. As such, I can't really compare it to other gel-liner brands. I thought and was expecting it would be creamier, and glide onto the eye like some reviews had suggested. The first time you "dig into it", it does go on creamy. But in my experience, if you try to take some product out of the place you've previously taken it, the application will not be as smooth and creamy. I've overcome this by scooping up more product and really pressing my eye-liner pencil deeper into the jar.

Pros: it is long-lasting.
Con: by the end of the day, the intensity of the look (ie if you had gone for a darker look achieved by not smudging the liner) had worn off and was not as intense.

Verdict: I prefer liquid liners. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I first bought this when BB were the only gel liners on the market, or at least the most popular ones. Back then I haven't heard of others, it was around 9-10 years ago. Point is, since then many brands came out with gel liners, I tried some (remember MAC in particular, smudged and faded really fast on me), and haven't found anything I liked as much this. Quality is great, easy to apply, really is long lasting, doesn't smudge or fade throughout the day, and Sepia is the perfect color for me, I don't like black liners, too harsh for my light coloring, and don't like many brown shades because they are too warm and make whites of my eyes look yellowish. Sepia is dark enough to be a good substitute for black, and doesn't look brown or warm. Versatile, goes with all the shades of eye shadow that black would. Great basic color. For tightlining with it I use Laura Mercier Push Brush, and for lining on top of the lid MAC #209 or Paula Dorf angled.

Pot lasts forever (very pigmented, little needed) and doesn't dry out (not in my experience anyway; I never leave the lid off, close it very tightly, and keep this, along with all my other cream make up products in the fridge). I repurchased it only once so far (but to be fair I haven't used this every single day, more like 3-4 days a week, and some weeks not at all).

on 3/23/2007 1:35:00 PM

This gel eyeliner is wonderful! I am a PPP with blue eyes so I bought the Sepia Ink, which is a dark brown. To me it ends up looking more like a soft black than brown. It does not smudge and lasts all day long. I am going to try Chocolate shimmer next!

on 2/14/2007 8:09:00 AM

I love BB gel eyeliners as I have several. Sepia is a dark brown non-shimmer eyeliner. It glides on when I apply it with my BB ultra fine eyeliner brush which is great for tight-lining. I think this shade is very flattering on my green eyes and goes with all eyeshadows. It never smudges and the lasting power is incredible.

on 6/23/2006 11:30:00 AM

I love this eyeliner. I have brown eyes and usually avoid brown liners but there's something so cool and crisp about this color that it actually enhances the brownness in my eyes, rather than making me them look muddy. Pair with a taupe or chocolate shimmer or with bone shimmerwash for a really bright, awake look. It gives a crisp or smudgy line, thick or thin, very controllable depending on the brush & technique used. It lasts very well but not infinitely, definitely not thru swimming or shower on me. Fades, doesn't disappear altogether. Also very soft comfortable texture going on - no pulling on those tender eyelids. I love this stuff, alternating with sapphire shimmer every day.

on 8/5/2005 9:20:00 AM

This is a great option of eyeliner. Sepia is just great for olive skin tones. It does last for several hours, not as long as liquid eyeliner, but I prefer it sometimes because it provides a more natural, less severe look. It does tend to smear a bit in hot weather. One warning, you must have the right brush, either the BB one or a similar professional type, because it takes some time to master the application and if you make any mistakes, the gel is very difficult to remove and you might end up having to start all your make up over again.

on 7/3/2005 4:47:00 PM

This is the third--gel eyeliner i have purchased from BB. This one is my favorite so far. Its a nice neutral brown--definitely not blackish like the expresso ink. I prefer this for my light green eyes. I really like applying it with the Paula Dorf Slanted Eyeliner brush for the thinnest line. Great product.

I love the consistency of it compared to the violet one, it last a long time and i wear brown most of the time. I love that it does not crease, and so versatile to wear you can do thin or thick liner, I also got the brush. This is a must have, I want to try the black, but debatin on black or granite.

I bought this color about 2.5 years ago when I had a pre-wedding makeover. I had long been a fan of Lancome's liquid liner, but it would often flake off. I immediately became a fan (and now own most of the colors). I admit that it takes a bit longer to apply in the morning than pencil, but the benefit is so worth it. This stuff stays on all day, even through a workout at the gym! This one finally dried up (after 2.5 years, so I can't complain), so I'm anxiously awaiting the opening of a new BB counter and hoping for a GWP!

on 10/11/2004 5:07:00 PM

I agree with the reviews here on Sepia link gel eyeliner! Its the longest-lasting eyeliner i've tried so far.