4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

I use sepia ink for my eyebrows. This stuff is really good but I wouldn't repurchase this particular shade.

About reviewer (354 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

1.0

4 years ago

MEH. Expensive and dried up after 3 months. It gives the same effects as the Maybelline one, what made it worse is that it is a lot more expensive. I thought maybe it'd be better if i spent my money on some high end eyeliner. I regret my decision. Now i am back with my Maybelline one, toss it after 3 or 4 months when it dries up, then buy a new one without no regret because it is inexpensive.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

Sepia Ink is one of my "Hall of Fame" makeup products in that it performs flawlessly for me, time after time. This shade is a tiny bit lighter than Espresso Ink: Sepia is a deep brown with no red undertones while Espresso is a deep BLACK-brown with no red undertones. Since I'm fair, I find Sepia easier to wear in bright daylight than Espresso as Sepia accents my upper lash line without being overpowering or harsh. You notice my eyes, not my liner.<p> Texture-wise, Sepia is firm but applies smoothly without gooping up the sides of my brush. This makes drawing a line so much easier, not to mention straighter! It wears all day for my normal lids and removes easily with eye makeup remover (I use Clinique Take the Day Off Balm).<p> If you're interested in a coordinating Bobbi Brown eye shadow to blend and soften the liner, try Mahogany. It's a beautiful, highly-pigmented deep matte brown and softer than Espresso as it doesn't have Espresso's black base. Most every day I wear Sepia Ink on my upper lash line and Mahogany blended overtop, with Mahogany brushed dry along my lower lash line. It's the perfect combination and they pair well with most colors as Sepia/Mahogany are perfectly neutral.<p> I'm not a fan of Bobbi Brown's liner brushes as I prefer an angled brush. My favorite - high end and low - is the Master's Touch #2 Synthetic Angle Shader Brush (found at Hobby Lobby for $3.99). It's firm but flexes enough to evenly apply the gel liner without splaying. I can draw really sharp lines with this brush.

About reviewer (355 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

Agree it's a HG product. Use it over black eyeliner for best smoky eye results. But it tends to dry up, I usually use the hard rounded end of my eyeliner brush to give the surface a little swirl. This breaks up the surface dryness and tada, it's all creamy again.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

from

6 years ago

Another HG product! It's a great product from bobbi brown, i am not dissapointed at all. It can handle my super-oily lid for almost 5 hours, and that's a new record! So when I'm trying to add Urban Decay's primer potion as my primer, this product is not coming out at all. And I know it's a bit hard to be smudged, but with a little help with my dearly Sigma E20, i am impressed :)

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Other

HairBlack

EyesBlack

1.0

6 years ago

Bitterly disappointed with this gel liner. After a month the gel liner dried up. I firmly kept the lid screwed on. So many other reviewers have said the same. A very expensive product for only a month.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

3.0

7 years ago

I can't speak for anyone but I can speak for me I have tried the maybelline gel liner and the sephora gel liner which was suggested to me by a sephora employee after I had told her I had oily eyelids & both products didn't last on me at all within an hour the black was all over my eyelid. This is the only gel eye liner that goes on and stays on for me. I have it in black & all though it's not as pigmented as I would want it does have great staying power

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Medium

from

7 years ago

I heard about this from Lisa Eldridge, since I have dark brown eyes and soft black eyebrows and lashes, I thought a 'softer' eyeliner would be nice. My skin tone is around nc20 in Mac. I tried brown eyeliners before and against dark brown/ soft black, most brown eyeliners simply look weird/ sickly. I ordered BB Sepia Ink looking at online pictures and reviews. When I opened the box I thought it's too light a brown and when I scratched the surface with my Mac eyeliner brush, the colour payoff was very faint. I think it was the surface as I dug into it a bit further quite a dark brown eyeliner came out. I would say colour is very close to Mac's Brun eye shadow. A black/brown. This eyeliner works even to fill in my eyebrows. It's matte and I find you need to layer a few times to get good definition and since the texture is drier than liquid eyeliners, it might be slightly difficult to get very sharp flicks. I also found it doesn't budge so easily. My eyelids are not oily but not dry either. So this holds pretty much all day.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

7 years ago

Have been using this for about 2 weeks now and I absolutely love it. The colour is perfect for everyday wear. Easy to apply too and dries very quickly and it doesn't budge after that! I use the Ecotools eye liner brush with this as I find the Bobbi Brown mini eye liner brush (comes with the set - Black Ink, Sepia Ink and the brush - at Heathrow airport for GBP29) a little too small for easy application. A little goes a long way and I don't see myself finishing this product anytime soon! I do worry that it will dry out before I finish it though.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2.0

7 years ago

This gel liner has a dry consistency that I hate. Will not repurchase.

About reviewer (333 reviews)

Age30-35