Sephora Sephora by OPI - Only Gold for Me

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Sephora  Sephora by OPI - Only Gold for Me

4.9

I freaking love this! I have put it over a gold polish which made the gold pop and look super cool. I got so many compliments. I also put it over a military green color and it look amazing aswell. I am obessed with using this gold glitter polish. It has mirco gold glitter and larger flakes. You can layer it to have a small amount or a large amount.

I really love this nail polish. I don't like glitter as a general rule, however, I tried some of this on in the store and the next day I had to go back and get it! LOVE it. I wear it over a nude color nail polish.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was so unsure if I should buy this nail polish so I bought it and I love it! It's perfect to wear alone but it looks way better over a solid colored nail polish like a coral or a pink color. It gives a glittery effect. I apply two coats so I can get enough sparkle to my nails. But anyways, I love it!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LOVE LOVE LOVE this polish! I wear it alone, brushing on 2 coats then filling in bare spots for a super shiny, glittery look. It's like a disco ball for your fingers. So festive and fun, perfect for the holidays. Many people have complimented me on it. I find that it stays on for about 3-4 days with no top or base coat, then peels off easily (yes, I know I shouldn't peel it off, but I do!). Great fun polish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Ohhh goodness. I am ashamed to admit it, but I really love this stuff. I am by no means a glitter person. In fact, when I shop at Sephora for anything I'm always sure to tell the saleslady that I do not want any sort of glitter. Yuck. It's tacky right?
But this isn't tacky. Not at all. I layered it over an iridescent black and my nails look like a nightclub, in the best possible way! My nails look exciting, which is a nice change from my usual neutral colors.
As a top coat, it's also ridiculously wonderful. I have a lot of trouble keeping polish on my nails, due to the fact that that I play several instruments and, with 3 roommates, I spend a lot of time doing dishes (no gloves! the horror!). Literally, I have never experienced not having my polish chip after 24 hours, and I've tried a variety of brands. After 3 days, this polish looks as fresh as the day I applied it without a sign of chipping.
I just recently started wearing polish again in an effort to protect my nails as I attempt to grow them for my sister's wedding in six weeks. I've got to say, with this stuff, my nails really feel like they're wearing a shield.

on 10/10/2010 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is so great and awful at the same time. I'm addicted to it. It looks kind of ugly in the bottle but once it's applied, a minimal amount of fine and larger pieces of glitter coat your nail and makes it look like classy confetti, if confetti can be described as classy. It's just gorgeous, and I am generally not a glitter top coat person. I don't think it's that gold either, despite the name and how it appears in the bottle. Once on, it's more of a gold-silver hybrid, making it wearable for any skin tone and over any polish. Sunlight bounces off of it in the most stunning way - it must be seen! Swatch it next time you're at Sephora.

My favourite look is this over top of OPI Bubble Bath or another light, subtle colour, though it looks great over top of everything (seriously.) It's a really great way to add some bling to a natural look without it being dramatic, tacky or too eye catching. It's not juvenile like some glitter can look - honestly, I would even wear this to a formal event over a light nail polish like I mentioned above. It's just so PRETTY.

Now...the awful part. Such a messy pain to get off. Comes with the glitter territory but it never stops being horrible. It rips up any cotton pad and you have to set aside some serious time for removal. Luckily, this stuff lasts a long time (and again, over top of a light colour, chips won't show as much!) so you can sport this for a lot longer than you would regular polish. And unlike other glitter polishes, in my opinion, this one truly is beautiful and versatile enough to keep going back to and suffering through the removal just for a chance to wear it again. So this is a 5 lipstick product, but anything glitter has to lose a point for me for the sanity-testing removal process.

Only Gold for Me glitter top coat consists of gold hexagonal glitter and microglitter. I love layering it over pretty much anything, and I've used 1/3 of the bottle in the few months I've had it. It did start to get thick, but I used a few drops of thinner and it cleared right up, so that wasn't really an issue for me. I would definitely recommend Only Gold for Me, and I will be buying another bottle when I run out.

Popular Polishes