Sephora Sephora by OPI - Only Gold for Me

4.5

on 7/16/2012 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This polish has resurrected some of my least-used shades. It's packed with micro and hex glitter. On the first coat, you'll probably get 4-6 hexagonal pieces on the nail and light smattering of micro. Usually, I stop there. This look AMAZING over black (like a starry sky), but I also use it over turquoise for a robin's egg look. Removal for any hex glitter is a pain, so use the foil method for less scrubbing and scratching. Usually, I avoid Sephora polishes like the plague, but this one is utterly beautiful, and worth the $10.

Love this colour! Well I guess it's not really a colour, more of a top coat as it is clear but filled with lots of big and small gold flecks. Either way, it looks great overtop of many other polishes. Just one coat is really nice and give your nails a really pretty sparkle, but when I was testing it out I loaded on like 4 coats of the stuff overtop of a light green/olive colour and it looked so cool. Kinda reminded me of a mermaid, it would be a great nail look for a party of special occasion. I'm really looking forward to trying this top coat out with more of my colours underneath! Unless I can find a cheaper version that is exactly the same since I hate spending more than 5 dollars on nail polish, I will buy this again.

I freaking love this! I have put it over a gold polish which made the gold pop and look super cool. I got so many compliments. I also put it over a military green color and it look amazing aswell. I am obessed with using this gold glitter polish. It has mirco gold glitter and larger flakes. You can layer it to have a small amount or a large amount.

on 6/26/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I only wish Sephora by OPI products had wider brushes... but I love the array of shapes that the glitter comes in. I hope it doesn't dry out fast...!

I really love this nail polish. I don't like glitter as a general rule, however, I tried some of this on in the store and the next day I had to go back and get it! LOVE it. I wear it over a nude color nail polish.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was so unsure if I should buy this nail polish so I bought it and I love it! It's perfect to wear alone but it looks way better over a solid colored nail polish like a coral or a pink color. It gives a glittery effect. I apply two coats so I can get enough sparkle to my nails. But anyways, I love it!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LOVE LOVE LOVE this polish! I wear it alone, brushing on 2 coats then filling in bare spots for a super shiny, glittery look. It's like a disco ball for your fingers. So festive and fun, perfect for the holidays. Many people have complimented me on it. I find that it stays on for about 3-4 days with no top or base coat, then peels off easily (yes, I know I shouldn't peel it off, but I do!). Great fun polish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Ohhh goodness. I am ashamed to admit it, but I really love this stuff. I am by no means a glitter person. In fact, when I shop at Sephora for anything I'm always sure to tell the saleslady that I do not want any sort of glitter. Yuck. It's tacky right?
But this isn't tacky. Not at all. I layered it over an iridescent black and my nails look like a nightclub, in the best possible way! My nails look exciting, which is a nice change from my usual neutral colors.
As a top coat, it's also ridiculously wonderful. I have a lot of trouble keeping polish on my nails, due to the fact that that I play several instruments and, with 3 roommates, I spend a lot of time doing dishes (no gloves! the horror!). Literally, I have never experienced not having my polish chip after 24 hours, and I've tried a variety of brands. After 3 days, this polish looks as fresh as the day I applied it without a sign of chipping.
I just recently started wearing polish again in an effort to protect my nails as I attempt to grow them for my sister's wedding in six weeks. I've got to say, with this stuff, my nails really feel like they're wearing a shield.

on 10/21/2010 11:51:00 AM

I bought the Sparkle Me Silver OPI topcoat at Sephora. It was pretty but the glitter was long and sticking out all over the place. So brought back and exchanged it for this which I love. Truthfully, I've only used it as a pedicure. When I went to the beach in September, I put the Only Gold for Me topcoat over a sheer sparkly polish and I could NOT stop staring at my toes the entire vacation. GORGEOUS! And classy; not too much at all. The pedi lasted almost a month, and then it was very easy to just peel off. I'm excited to wear on my fingernails for the holidays!

on 10/21/2010 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I do not use glitter polishes or top coats but I had to have this when I saw it on the Sephora SA who was wearing it over "I'm With Brad". There was something about the way light reflects off the tiny little mirrors and micro glitter in this. It doesn't come off as being childish. When you apply it, random bits come out and it looks fabulous. Don't let it scare you when you see it in the bottle....test it and you will see the effect. Looking at the bottle you would also think that it's too gold but it really isn't. You can wear it with silver jewelry. It's beautiful over darkish to dark polishes but I'm also going to try it over fuchsia for when I go to Hawaii just before X-Mas because I think it could work. The only thing I don't like about it is the price....$12.00 CDN is a bit steep.

Popular Polishes