Rimmel Stay Glossy (All Shades)

Rimmel Stay Glossy (All Shades)

3.9

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Olive (Olea Europea) Oil, Isostearyl Palmitate, Cera Alba (Bees) Wax, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Silica Silylate, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuacu) Seed Butter, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, May Contain( /-): Red

on 7/21/2016 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wanted to like this lip gloss. Beautiful colors and shine, but I can't stand the smell/taste. It's very similar to a cheap drugstore lotion and I just couldn't tolerate it. Otherwise, it's a nice product, I just wish they had flavored it better.

these glosses are your typical sheer wash of color with glitter. they aren't bad but not omg good either. they are for your more natural makeup days when u want something simple, as it has a hint of color, and it's not too sticky or long lasting. I have this shade captivate me and its a nice rosy-pink gloss

To Read all 161 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/2/2016 4:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For the price I would skip these... no color pay off and barely noticeable I have always lovely which appears pink in the tube but sheer clear on the lips looks like vaseline and I had but returned popcorn for 2 which is beautiful in the tube but another vaseline looking tube o crap. They are around 5 to 6 dollars and that is too much when I can just buy an nyc lipgloss that actually has color to it for 2.00 and other rimmel products I've tried are so/so. The kate moss lipsticks are good, the mascaras are total crap and the perfumes that were out many years ago were good wish I could find one again I had the pink one but rimmel as a whole? I stay away I'd rather spend on quality.

on 4/30/2016 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought Blushing Belgraves yesterday at cvs pharmacy. I do not like that my lips are as pigmented as they are. This is a paler cool toned nudey mauve with tiny micro shimmer silver sparkle. It helps to tone down the pigment in my lips. It is very moisturizing. Feels as good as most balms on. It claims it's a 6 hour wear but in my opinion No gloss can make those exaggerated claims. It apples well with the applicator and wears off evenly. Even after the color is wore off my lips still feel quite comfortable and still look dewy and pretty. My fiancé helped me pick out this shade. He complimented me at dinner how pretty my lips looked. It is a great gloss at a great price. I will repurchase.

Super cute design, I love the way it feels being applied, super wet and does add a bit of color, really shimmers. however it is a bit sticky after first applied.

on 3/19/2016 2:13:00 AM

I have mixed feelings on this product.

I absolutely love the colour it gives me and I think it feels fantastic. I bought the shade 150 Claridge's Ruby and its a lovely soft pink. I love to wear it on it's own or layered on top of a nude lip stick.

Let's clear something up - this is definitely not a 6 hour wear. I have no idea where Rimmel plucked that number from, but it's not accurate in the slightest. This wears just the same as any other lip gloss does. I have to reapply it I feel every hour or so? Sooner if I eat. I've heard that the darker shades do leave a stain though! As my shade is fairly light I personally don't see a stain. It's a gloss though, I didn't expect a 6 hour wear from it I just thought the colour was pretty so I gave it a go.

The product still feels nice though. It's not super sticky, at least not for me. It doesn't do that weird gloppy thing when you open your mouth either. Like most glosses it doesn't define dry patches or accentuate any lines of your lips. I find it to be comfortable to wear.

The packaging is pretty. It doesn't look super high end or sophisticated by any means, but it's cute. It's not something I'm embarrassed to pull out and reapply (I'm looking at you, baby lips) but I prefer the look of other lip glosses more. The applicator is wonderful, in my opinion. It's I believe what's called a doe foot? It's got two sides which pick up product. I find I don't need to dip the applicator back into the product - one go is enough. The applicator feels nice, it's soft and flexible. It applies product evenly and well enough, in my opinion.

The only thing that is off putting for me is the scent. I really don't like it. I can't quite place what it is, though. I've seen some people describe it as floral and others as kind of a hand soapy scent. I don't like it, I find it to be strong and just off putting. I prefer my lip products to either be scentless or stick to a sweet vanilla or fruity smell. The scent doesn't stick with you for long, thank goodness, but you will smell it when you open the gloss and when you apply. I feel like after it's applied I can't really smell it though, so there is that. I can't comment on a taste as I haven't tasted anything. The smell is definitely what's giving me mixed feelings. I don't know if I would repurchase because of the scent - if I can't find a similar colour/formula from another brand I would probably go for that one if it smelled better.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

i have this in the black gloss and i do love it. I was able to make my own version of a vamp red. By itself it nice just not black enough for me so i will probably go buy some black lipstick to wear under it when i want the darkness to really show and shine. it lasts ok. again i would buy just the black because it changes many lipsticks that the shade weren't right but it helps fix that,

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I now have maybe 3 or 4, maybe even 5?- shades of these now, and each one..no...

First off, they have a bad (chemical?) smell and taste to them. I am by no means 'eating' my lip gloss, but when something is on your lips (and is somewhat goopy, as these can be, even applied lightly), you sometimes can't help but have a smidge get into your mouth.

The colors lack pigmentation. Very sheer, most have a slight (very slight!) wash of color. I know glosses are not heavily pigmented, but these are very sheer imho, even by gloss standards. ALSO, I find, oddly enough, that this seems to dry my lips out. Lipgloss drying lips out..no bueno! :(

There are far better lipglosses in the drugstore. Also, I have noticed Rimmel's prices are creeping up there. I would rather get a gloss from Revlon (actually similar price or even cheaper, depending where you buy it) or Almay or almost any other drugstore gloss.

Rimmel for me is mostly a 'pass' product, so I should know better and just quit trying. They do have some diamonds amongst the rough (their eyeliners and lip liners are quite nice!! and of course their lipsticks are usually crazy-pigmented and long-lasting), but generally speaking, I am just not a huge fan of Rimmel. Would not re-purchase and kind of regret purchasing the ones I did get. I've been using them over top of lipsticks to tone down some shades or add shine sometimes to a matte lipstick (kind of defeats the purpose of a matte lipstick, but oh well. Makeup really has no "rules" anymore!! ;) ) But I have a feeling these will be finding their way into the trash very soon. The smell is kind of too off-putting for me. And the formula and wear time and no pigmentation make these a definite pass, possibly trash!!!

on 7/31/2015 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I've got a few shades in those. Blushing belgraves is a sheer,shiny,nude. Non stop glamour is a sheer,shimmery gold. Stay my rose is a sheer,shimmery,medium pink. Always lovely is a sheer,shimmery,light pink. It goes well at the application,smooth and velvety. It last fairly long and it ain't sticky on the lips. Complete well any lipsticks! Love it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Rimmel recently came out with a new collection of lipglosses called Stay Glossy Swanky Hotel Lip Glosses, which I heard is basically similar in formula and packaging to the established Stay Glossy line, but feature six new shades. I saw this while strolling casually through the makeup aisle in walmart and was intrigued because I was looking for a high shine, non-sticky gloss that would give me a sheer wash of color without being overly pigmented. So i picked up Claridge's Ruby #150 and at $3.97 plus tax, it was basically begging to be bought.

The packaging looks drugstore-y, with a silver cap and a see-through plastic tube that shows the color of the gloss (which is deceiving, since the gloss is much more sheer than it looks from the tube yay!). But I have to say that I love the flat applicator, which is different than the doe-foot applicator most glosses come with. With the flat applicator, it's easier to get even coverage without the feel of having to push around the gloss or having to re-dip because there wasn't enough gloss picked up in the first place.

Upon first application, the color looks extremely opaque and pigmented and I thought, "Oh nooo what did I buy?" but within seconds it just melted (seriously) on my lips into this gorgeous, shiny color that gave me a pretty, natural tint of pink, slightly lighter than my medium-pink, slightly brown lips. Under room lighting, the shine is so-so, but under sunlight my lips look like they came out of a fashion magazine from the section on juicy glosses. It's that amazing, really.

There are some shimmers but it's absolutely not frosty and looks very natural. It's an extremely comfortable wear, almost as if I have water or a lightweight gel on my lips. So because it's not sticky, it's not long-lasting at all. One drink and most of the gloss is gone, so after one meal this gloss stands no chance. But I'd take reapplication over a sticky gloss anyday, personally. I do use my EOS as a base layer so i dont know if its super hydrating, but because I use the balm underneath it really does prevent against major lip drying, should the formula does dry out lips. There is a smell to this gloss - kind of like artificial roses, maybe? It smells similar to Dior's Lip Polish 002 (which this gloss is a great dupe for, imo!) but Stay Glossy smells more artificial. I don't mind it, but for those who do, the smell doesn't linger for long.

I LOVE this gloss so much! It's currently my HG gloss, perfect for everyday wear! And at such a good price, I feel like I'm paying for a high-end gloss without the guilt-inducing price tag. ❤