4.3

price range

Reviews

3.0

4 years ago

The best things about Barry M nail polish is the wide selection of colours (who new there were so many pinks?!) and the price. I often find they can be hit and miss however, sometimes I get one where the thickness is just right, othertimes I get one that is too runny and I need three plus layers to get a decent coverage of colour without it looking almost patchy. And they often tend to go gloopy after about 3 weeks after having opened it which I know is what nail polishes do but most tend to stay runny for a lot longer. They are perfect for if your going out and your trying to find a nice colour to match your outfit, you can guarantee you'll find one. I just don't tend to pick them up on a whim simply because they do not last as long as other brands.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

4 years ago

What I like about Barry M nail polishes are that they are very eye catching and the packaging is lovely, and the variety of polishes is great. However, they chip almost immediately after application. I don't think there has ever been a time where my nails haven't chipped within hours of applying these polishes - even with a topcoat and basecoat. I now only use at home gel polishes and reserve all my old Barry M polishes for emergencies. I know they are a budget brand but the quality is poor, which is a shame because there is so much variety and the topcoats are lovely.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

I find the Barry m nail polishes a little hit or miss. Some colours apply beautifully, others take a long time to dry. I find the glittery topcoats are so pretty, but tricky to get right - they often kind of slip around on the nail, but they are great little budget nail products.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

5 years ago

I've bought so many brands of nail colors but 1. Is they stain like crazy & 2. They dry up easily. From MAC to YSL tried everything which are heavy on the pocket but had my Barry M polishes for years & none of them have dried up. Ended buying 10 more shades when they went on sale. Love them !

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Other

HairBrown

EyesBrown

5 years ago

When I used my nail paint the other day for the first time and found it was a good product but the only downfall was that I had to put on about 2 or 3 coats to get a full coverage. For anybody wanting a nail varnish that is easy to apply and only takes one coat I'd definitely recommend the BarryM gel nail varnishes as they're much thicker and usually last a long time x

About reviewer (13 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Relaxed, Medium

5 years ago

love these! I probably own every shade!

About reviewer (53 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

3.0

5 years ago

People seem to rave on about Barry M polishes, but I find them a bit hit-and-miss. They have a brilliant range of products which many other companies would charge twice the price for, and I especially like the glitter polishes. I've had mixed experiences with the regular Nail Paints and Gelly range; some, like Raspberry, Cardamom and Red Black are some of my favourite staple polishes, while others have been a nightmare formula-wise; Grey in particular had an awful formula with an uneven, streaky finish, while some of the darker Gelly shades stain like hell when you remove them. You'll probably want to use a quick-dry topcoat with most of Barry M's polishes, too, since they tend to stay tacky for a while and can take hours to fully dry, especially the darker Gelly shades. The tiny brush can also make neat application a slow and tricky process. Overall, though, the range of colours and finishes this brand has on offer is impressive and they're well worth the price, considering how much some brands with a wide range of effects (*cough* Ciaté) charge for products of a similar quality. Pros: - Good value for money - Wide range of colours and effects - Some very good quality polishes Cons: - Lengthy drying time for most polishes - Formulas tend to be hit-and-miss - Darker shades can stain

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

5 years ago

These polishes are my favourite at the price point. I never feel guilty adding 1 or 2 of these to my shopping basket. The choice of colour and the variety of finishes are outstanding. Will most definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (736 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

5 years ago

I am a huge nail polish junky, I am guaranteed to impulse buy the stuff, and at the bargain price these things are, I can't go wrong. Firstly then, the price. I think these go for around £1.99 - £2.99, and I'm pretty sure I've seen them on multi buy offers a few times. They are large rectangular bottles so you get loads and loads of product. Unlike many polishes at this price, they last in the bottle for years, and don't go claggy with age quickly. The colour and effect range is phenomenal, the have flat colour, glitter, matte, metallic, gel effect and sort of oil/ombre effect ones too. What I would give to own every single one!! The staying power or this stuff is great, though the topcoat is unusually for this range crap. I use Sally M diamond strength instead, and that does the trick to keep it on for days, thought it lasts a couple of days without too. It doesnt chip or peel so long as you aren't building or cleaning heavily with it on. There are of course at this price a couple of cons. The brush is one of the few things that reflects the price, its difficult to control, frays easily if you don't dip it with care and it's far too thin. The other con is that this polish doesn't self level too well if you pile it on, I find thin coats applied evenly and built up works best and it dries so s l o w l y. If you are patient and wait for it to dry PROPERLY between each coat though it really is a fabulous polish, especially for the price. I regularly repurchase this and will do for the forseeable future!

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairRed

5 years ago

Can't go wrong. Strong colours. Quick drying and last well. I choose this brand of polish over everything else and I've tried them all!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43