4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

On lower lash line, awake city. White is soooo garish and fake in comparison. Also, a nice alternative for a statement nude (ie bold bling) lip liner.

About reviewer (385 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

from

2 years ago

I love the color, formula and the way it applies; perfect color for pale to medium skin tones of either undertones (cool or warm). I use it for pinpoint concealing -- It melts into your skin when you lightly dab with the finger. I love the concept of a pencil, but I wish it was a twist up instead because the formula is so soft that it mushes when I try to sharpen it and you end up wasting a lot of product. the wastage of product is the only reason I wouldn't buy it again - I may go for their (MAC) concealer that comes in a pot instead.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBrown

3 years ago

I can't believe there are no reviews for this, and that I haven't reviewed it myself! This has been an everyday staple in my kit for years because it's one of the most versatile. It's a magic wand filled with concealing goodness. As I'm an NC20/25, it matches my skin perfectly, and I use it only as a concealer, not on my waterline. This pencil is perfect for outlining lips (makes a barrier when powdered to keep lip products in place), concealing little veins under the eyes or broken capillaries around the nose, correcting mistakes on brows or with lip pencil, for covering up little spots you don't want to get out a concealer and brush for, or any detail work. It's creamy and blends easily, yet it has serious staying power, especially if set with powder. I recently bought my third or fourth pencil, and each has lasted a long time--more than a year with regular use. It needs to be sharpened, but if you put it in the freezer for several minutes before sharpening there's no product breakage, and the chilling does not change the texture. Everyone should have one of these pencils. There are so many uses for it, and I keep finding more. It's also a lifesaver on the days when you're in a rush and, of course, mess something up. If there's a match for your skintone, buy this. You will not regret it.

About reviewer (1188 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

EyesBlue

1.0

3 years ago

Caused significant allergic reaction with my eyes. Puffed up and had to go to doctor. BUYER BEWARE!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

4 years ago

What an amazing pencil!!!!! I just ordered 2 more (Macys.com has them! Macy's has a ton of MAC), so I will have 3 total in my stash. These are so perf for rimming the waterline. Also highlight cupid bow (don't get it on ur lips?), or to use down the bridge of my nose & on blemishes. This stuff stays put! Once it's dried it's not going anywhere which is awesome sauce for using as an eyeliner. I used to use Rimmel's Nude eyeliner (comes in a pencil & a twist up = there are 2 versions floating around) to clean up my eyebrows but now I use this instead. The Rimmel is a cheap dupe if ur on a beauty budget big time. I love versatile multipurpose products! I already have the MAC pencil sharpener. This will really wake up ur entire face if u have to fake looking well-rested or are hungover. Pure genius well executed MAC is winning!!

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

4 years ago

This is great as a spot concealer for small pinkish purple acne Scars. The color in NC15/NW20 neutralize the slight purple it can be used under or on top of foundation without Smearing or smudging off Since it tad waxy.The shade is great for NC15/NC20. Best for covering purplish/darker acne scars because a lot of conceals make the spots look worse or emphasizes it some even make the spot look ashy grey like shadows this did not. No more grey ashy spots.

About reviewer (141 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBlack

EyesBlack

5 years ago

I initially purchased this chromagraphic pencil on my waterline but that didn't give me the effect I was going for so now I'm using it as a concealer pencil. This pencil is amazing as a concealer. I don't use any MAC foundation anymore so I can't give you a reference shade but I use Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation 3 and 4 (depending on time of the year) and this chromagraphic pencil is a very good match my Asian skin. What can I cover with this concealer? 1. Redness on skin 2. Old acne spots (fully healed but still left a brown/gray mark) 3. Sun spots 4. Freckles (Mostly FLAT, (not raised) marks or spots) You can work this pencil into a raised acne but little difficult to do. This pencil doesn't particularly build well so you'll have to be very skilled in order to build this concealer up. Why I love this as a concealer: 1. Good neutral shade blends in well with my skintone 2. Low maintenance, easy to use due to its pencil form. Sharpen and go, easy to carry in bag. 3. No need for a concealer pinpoint brush! I feel like I'm photoshopping my face when I use this concealer pencil. It's precise - Just tap 2-3 times on the blemish and tap tap with my finger to blend around the edges to feather it out. 4. It sets and does not seem to move once it sets!!! (BEST PART!!) I tend to be very self-conscious when I'm going out and my concealer wearing off over time. But this pencil, once it sets it seems to last all day, at least for me! I touch my face when I'm talking and it stays put even through all the "Face touching"! I can't say enough good things about it because it works so well for me. I will repurchase over and over and over again!!!

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

3.0

5 years ago

ive heard so much great reviews and i saw a makeup tutorial that looked gorgeous with this product. Bought it recently. have to say i am slightly disappointed, the color didnt match my skin that well (also tried other colors but this one was the best) at home under natural lighting ..and my eyes did become itchy in the first half hour so that was a bit annoying ..the color wasnt so wow as i expected either, i still prefer my old benfit eye bright. i'll give it a 3/5. will think about repurchasing, it's still good for highliting brows and cupid bows though

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

6 years ago

This pencil is so ingenious to me that I committed to it immediately. I'm reviewing it for use on my waterline. My eyes are large-ish but they look small in photos, so when I'm going out I like to give them a little boost. Whitish pencils have caused an unintentionally creepy effect in the past. This pencil is creamy, natural, and kind of stays out of the way to let the focus go to the lashes and shadow, which is what I wanted. It also stays put for several hours, which is unusual for me but definitely an added bonus. I am NC20/25 and would definitely recommend the NC15/NW20 pencil if you are working your waterline. The contrast is perfection.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

7 years ago

I love this pencil! It gives great control to cover small spots, has good staying power, is not too soft so doesn't smear, and matches great! I don't use it for the waterline, but I have some red spots (keratoses?) and broken capillaries. It gives me an almost flawless face. I use this, and little tightlining, and I look great and natural for daytime!

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age44-55