Beyond The Zone Rock On Dry Shampoo

Beyond The Zone Rock On Dry Shampoo

2.6

Did nothing for my greasy second day hair. By the end of the day it looked like I ran crisco through my bangs. Got this for free. If I had paid for it I would be returning it.

on 1/8/2015 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Ewwwww it was like putting white chalk on my roots, I try to tease my hair so it will blend out, but it didn't, also my hair was feeling dry and I couldn't comb it with my fingers or anything because my hair got so gross! Then actually cleaning my hair HÁ good luck with that! Sorry if my English sucks! But just bad stuff, also my hair it's dark brown, I actually took the longest time to buy another dry shampoo cuz I got traumatized.

To Read all 31 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/31/2014 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Review for Beyond The Zone Rock On Dry Shampoo For Medium-Dark Hair. Love this dry shampoo. Its a chocolate brown (maybe a bit darker) which leaves no residue. Absorbs oil & gives my hair soem volume. No perfume scent. I use it after working out (& sweating a lot) and I leave the gym with refreshed hair. Great price at Sally Beauty Supply. Wish I could find a travel size version.

on 11/18/2014 1:07:00 AM

I have used every dry shampoo currently available, both in powder and aerosol form; high, medium and low end price range. I have to admit that this one ranks up high on my list and is comparable to many higher end brands.

I especially like that this does not disperse as a white powder, I got the original formula in the gray can with the orange top and it does not show up white on my roots. I always shake the can well and hit my roots with blasts of the product and do tend to apply more around my part and at the crown of my head (for volume), and I have yet to see any white residue on my light to medium brunette hair.

I always apply to my hair either at night or when I first get up and allow the product (or any dry shampoo that I use) to absorb the oil. When I get ready to style my hair, I run my hands through my hair and fluff my roots, then take my MP boars hair bristle brush and thoroughly brush, this distributes the oils and product along the entire shaft of hair. I then hit my hair with a blow dryer and finish with either a curling iron or flat iron to touch up my style.

One of the other great things I like about this product is that you can actually use the entire can. I hate some of the mid to high end brands that do not fill the can with enough aerosol propellant to use all the product and you have half a can of dry powder with no way to apply it...aargh, that is so annoying!

The new dry shampoo for this brand comes in light med/ med dark. I got the med dark, it comes in a green can, the spray comes out as a brown. Ive only used suave so only have that to compared to.

I like this dry shampoo. Love the smell! It doesnt leave my hair thick, heavy and feeling gross. It left my hair feeling very light like clean hair and is absorbant.

After using it for a while, I feel like it doesn't work for my hair, it leaves it a tad bit oily, not sure if it's bc of the brown color bc my hair is black and it's grown out so it doesn't blend as well. But I love the smell!

on 5/25/2014 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I find this dry shampoo very good in controlling the oily on second or third day hair. No stiffness or white powder discoloration. I have fine hair which is dark ash blonde with highlight, midback in length and lighty layered. The scent is the only thing I don't love, but it fades quickly. I would say this if I can get my #1 choice dry shampoo (TIGI) then I'm okay with this one from Sally's.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this on a whim while I was in Sally's Beauty Supply one day. I got the pink can which was specifically for Breast Cancer Awareness. I have previously used several other brands of dry shampoos including Suave, Bastiste, and Tresemme. This compared to those is that it is decent. I did not particulary love it and I did not hate it. I am not a big fan of the scent. I am really spoiled after using Batiste with having so many scents to choose from. As far as using this formula, I felt like it did not do as good as a job as when I used Batiste. The price is a little higher then I expect to pay for a drugstore type dry shampoo and that is something that does not make this really worth purchasing. I would use it in a pinch, but I would not go looking for it.

Judging from past reviews it seems this can doesn't have many uses in it. I sincerely hope that is the case because this is just like spraying alcohol into my hair. I can't get any powder out! There's nothing to absorb oil, no matter how hard or how long I shake up the can. It smells good, so there's that.

So far nothing has beaten the Batiste Original. I don't love the smell but it sure does leave my hair looking clean.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Not a bad dry shampoo after all! My experience with Suave's dry shampoo was horrible (the strong pineapple smell, the stickyness and dirtyness after using) so I was kind of scared of trying this out, but my hair had gotten really oily and I had no time to style it, so I did.
I really like this one better! It feels fresh and once you massage it into your roots and brush it out, the hair feels pretty clean afterwards. Not sticky and gross, at least for me. The smell is kind of masculine but it fades away after a while. Since I just started using it I can't talk about the longevity of the product itself. It does leave some white residue but it fades away too and it's not as horrible as the one Suave's dry shampoo left on my scalp. It also does not provoke me itchiness like the other brand. I may find this works on my head because I have a lot of full thick hair and the oil distributes evenly. But for someone with thin, SUPER oily hair the product can leave the hair sticky and dry with patches of dandruff. It all depends on the hair type I guess...

I'm scrolling through the reviews, and see some people say it makes their ends dry. Dry shampoo is designed just for a touch-up on the roots, not to replace a shower.

I've only tried one other dry shampoo (TRESemme.... Hated it), so I don't have much to compare it to, but I enjoyed it a lot. Not a fan of the smell, but it didn't leave residue and it absorbed the oil fairly well.