Perricone Cold Plasma - Face

3.3

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phosphatidylcholine, Isopropyl Palmitate, L-Tyrosine, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Oligopeptide-17, Ceteareth-20, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Dimethyl MEA (DMAE), Docosahexaenoic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycolic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Saccaromyces Ferment, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Tocotrienols, Copper Gluconate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Astaxanthin, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have acne prone, sensitive, dry skin with large pores and discoloration. This is a light watery bluish cream that goes on lightly. It does not hydrate completely, so I may layer another moisturizer on top at night. Due to the Glycolic acid in this, I only use it at night. It does not break me out or clog my pores. For the price, at $165 currently, this cream does not perform as promised. It's a light moisturizer with nice skin ingredients, but I don't find myself seeing drastic results in texture, pore reduction and lightening spots. It is a light moisturizer at best. Also, the cream has a mild fish scent, which I can see being off putting to many. The container is clear and housed in an open jar, which leaves room for contamination and degradation of ingredients. I would not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love cold plasma. As I hit late 30's and early 40 my face began to lose it's glow. Though people still say I look young, I know I am looking closer and closer to my real age! I wish I could afford this on a regular basis. It really made my face feel wonderful (I'm seriously dry). I felt hydrated, and my face began to look well rested and nourished. My glow came back! I can honestly say I saw a real difference the first week. It even seemed to plump my light wrinkles on my forehead. This didn't irritate my skin at all and my skin is sensitive. My only problem is the price is way to high for the average working gal on a budget! I use this when I want to seriously splurge. I get my kids to go half and purchase it for me for my birthday, mothers day, bday or whatever. The initial smell is a bit fishy, but it's short lived (stinks for about 3 min, then dissipates). It's a small price to pay to look fabulous!!

To Read all 82 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is evil. Pure evil. It's expensive, it smells and it broke me out in giant itchy pimples. Nothing breaks me out these days so this is a bit anomaly.

I am hooked! Despite the fact that it smells like low tide, I LOVE THIS STUFF! I can muscle my way through the odor to be beautiful!!!! My skin is brighter, smoother, more even toned, and over all much improved. The tiny fine lines around my eyes are almost invisible. I can wear tinted moisturizer for the first time in my life! Thank you Dr. perricone!

I spent and ungodly amount of money on the Pore Prescription Set which includes Citrus Cleanser, Intensive Pore Minimizer (a toner type product), and Intensive Pore Treatment. I also purchased Cold Plasma and the Advanced Evening Repair in an insecure and deperate moment. I'll admit I got a little light headed and sick to my stomach when I pressed the complete purchase button. I started using all of the products at the same time. I use the entire Pore Prescription Set in the AM, applying Cold Plasma after the toner and before the pore treatment. In PM I use the cleanser, the toner, Cold Plasma, then High Potency Evening Repair. I don't know which of these products is doing the heavy lifting, or if they all just work brilliantly together, but after 3 weeks of following this regimen, my skin has NEVER looked better!

From the time I turned 19 until today (I'm 35) I have had uneven, splotchy skin. I have struggled with cyctic hormonal breakouts, stress breakouts, enlarged pores, and blackheads on my nose and cheeks. Not only do I always have at least two huge pimples to cover up at any given time, usually more, but now I'm getting wrinkles on my forehead and around my nose. My skin can go from oily in the summer to extrememly dry in the winter. And the last couple of months (while I was using the Somme Skincare regimen) it got even worse. Not only did I have the usual cyctic acne, but my forehead and both jaws become covered with tiny red pimples. And absolutely nothing I tried would make them disapear. Three weeks ago, before I started this regimen, my skin had never looked worse.

I have spent thousands of dollars over the years trying to find something that will give me the clear, even toned skin of my dreams. I have tried drugstore brands like Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, Proactive, and Roc. More expensive brands like B. Kamins, Dr. Hauschka, Murad, DDF, Skinscuenticals, La Roche Posey, Avene, Erno Lazlo, Somme, Dermalogica, Skin Medica, Bliss, Kiehls, Dr. Brandt, and countless others. I've also been to several dermatologists and doctors for microdermabrasion, peels, facial, prescription Glycolic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide, and Retinol, antibiotics and birth control pills. So I was more than a little nervous that this system wasn't going to work because I didn't start seeing results within the first week. I know, I'm an impatient person, but all of these products were ridiculously expensive and I was scared I had once again wasted my money. In fact, for the first couple of weeks my skin became even more oily. By week two though, all of my cyctic pimples deep down in my skin were gone. I could feel new ones come up under the skin, but they would shrink and disappear within a couple of days and never broke the surface or became visible enough to need to cover with makeup. Also in week two, the breakout of tiny red pimples all over my forehead and jaw that had been there for two months started to disapear. I looked in the mirror when I woke up this morning and I am AMAZED! It's week three and I am so happy to say I do not have ONE pimple anywear on my face, the pores on my nose and cheeks are smaller and completely clear of blackheads, the fine lines on my forhead are less visible, and my skin is more even toned than it has ever been been. I am so excited. I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror!

I don't know if these products or this specific regimen will work for everyone, and I know they are really expensive, and they don't smell as lovely as other products that don't work, but this has worked for me when nothing else has. I will spend less on clothes, bags, eating out, travel...anything, to be able to afford to keep using these products. I have wished for nice skin for 16 years and now I have it. When I looked in the mirror this morning, I finally felt beautiful. That's worth it to me.

I should also note that I've been trying to lose 15 pounds, so I've cut out all fast food and packaged food and have been eating only fresh meat, cheese, fruits, vegetables, olive oil and lots of water (about 10 glasses a day.) No Fast food, packaged food, sugar or grains of any kind. This could have a lot to do with how my skin looks, but not all. I've eaten a healthy diet like this before and had some improvement, but never this good. So I know the products are helping.

OK so at first I tried and loved this product (below was my first review) till it ran out & I read this on paula's choice!! and they test on animals! NEVER buying again - TOTAL GIMICK!

_________________________________________________________________
This thing is a friggin' life saver! BEST THING IVE EVER USED ON MY FACE!

Pros:daily exfoliant/toner - read the package it does everything it says it will - cleared my face up instantly - brightened my face - softer texture of skin - just an overall HG product

Cons: its $95 at Sephora and smells like a bad fish market for like 5 minutes

Its my HG for life. Ive used less than half a bottle in all of march (you only use it at night after cleansing) and its completely changed my face. What was once acne prone ugly lifeless face is now cleared, my acne scars are almost gone, my face is brighter and I am generally in love with this product. It makes me want to wash my face at night bc I know it will look great from use.

*****Now, I say ask someone at Sephora to use it on you first - that's what me and a friend di and we both bought it that same day. Ive never seen such a difference and ive used almost everything at Sephora possible.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Does it smell bad? Yes. That being said, I have used this product for a month now, and it has really helped my dry skin. I have had sandpaper-like skin on my cheeks and jaw area and nothing has worked. Cold plasma gives my skin a "plumped" look and my fine lines seem to be minimized. A little goes a long way (as it should for the price). I will definitely be repurchasing.

I bought the Cold Plasma trial set at Ulta; this is my first foray into Perricone products. I'm currently on my second jar of Cold Plasma.

At first I didn't like it at all - fishy smell, seemed drying and my face felt uncomfortable. Initially I would apply an Elizabeth Arden capsule underneath the Cold Plasma... then I read the information on the Perricone website and realized that Cold Plasma is a treatment and is meant to be used underneath a moisturizer - not by itself! The Cold Plasma trial set box really doesn't have the information necessary to use the products; you need to check the website out.

After 4 weeks, Cold Plasma made my skin glow and feel very firm. Expression lines have definitely softened and I have 'fresh' looking skin. The fish smell doesn't really bother me anymore and my guy never noticed anything so if you can power through the initial shock of the fish smell it's absolutely worth it. Following my experiment with Cold Plasma I purchased other Perricone products; I use Cold Plasma first then Ester C and finally the Face Finishing moisturizer. I can go without makeup at age 43 and my skin looks gorgeous.

Update - my husband did end up noticing the smell, he didn't say anything at first because he thought it was just bad breath :) anyway when he kept asking me to go brush my teeth all of a sudden we figured out it was the Cold Plasma. I still like it and use it a couple of times a week but not every day because of the smell.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Wow and wow! I have tried many many face products before, but not one has had the amazing instant result as Cold Plasma has given me. Initially I was worried after reading all these 'smelly' reviews but when i opened my jar I could not smell a thing. Also, after putting it on my face I cant smell anything bad. At least it doesn't have a sweet parfumy chemical smell, like the others. This product makes my skin smooth, radiant, pores disappear and its very very soft. Now I hardly even have to put foundation on it. For the first time my face looks better without foundation than with. It is worth the money and I will keep using it. LOVE IT!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have such mixed reviews about this product. I used it for about 4-5 months religiously before stopping cold turkey. Fact is, it made my skin glow, but gave me THE WORST blackheads ever. I have stopped using it for a month, and I am still pulling out the blackheads. The worst was on the cheeks next to my nose, the forehead, and just horrific on my chin area. It was so bad on my chin that there were just bumps everywhere, no smooth surface at all. I could take a tweezers, grab a blackhead, and pull it out of my skin, about 20 times a day. It is still going on and it is ridiculous. I finally stopped and switched to Retin- A, which is helping rid my skin of all these terrible blackheads. My chin is finally starting to look normal and not grotesque anymore.
The positives for this product is that it did keep my skin relatively clear, other than the horrible blackheads. It made my skin nice and glowy. I never really cared for the smell. It smells like fish and something synthetic mixed in. For the price, this is definitely not worth it for me. This would be an amazing product for someone who is older, say 30+, that doesn't struggle with mild acne. I am 18.

EDIT: 3 months after using this, my skin is still clearing up. WORST PRODUCT EVER.

And ANOTHER EDIT: I am on accutane now, the harshest oral medication that treats acne. It is finally bringing all the blackheads I got from this product to the surface. I cannot begin to explain how much I regret buying this product and using it. If you have acne, BEWARE.