Perricone Cold Plasma - Face

3.3

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phosphatidylcholine, Isopropyl Palmitate, L-Tyrosine, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Oligopeptide-17, Ceteareth-20, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Dimethyl MEA (DMAE), Docosahexaenoic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycolic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Saccaromyces Ferment, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Tocotrienols, Copper Gluconate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Astaxanthin, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I'm really enjoying (and appreciating) the Perricone products I've been using for 2 months. The Cold Plasma, along with the Acyl-Glutatione Eyelid Serum, High Potency Amine Face Lift, Acyl-Glutathione, Cold Plasma Sub-D, and Multi-Action Overnight Treatment. My skin texture has improved noticeably - it's smoother and my pores are less noticeable. These products have also helped my eyelids to firm up slightly.

When I emailed the Perricone staff to check most effective order for these products, answer is below: (I still use my Tretinoin 0.1% gel about 4 nights per week so I'm not using just the Perricone products, although I do use his products every single day - mornings and then most evenings. I also incorporate some of my other serums and creams as well, along with the Alpha Skin Care 14% Rejuvinating serum (glycolic acid) about 4 nights per week, prior to the Tretinoin. This glycolic acid strength is quite powerful so if you're not used to this higher strength, I'd start with something less potent, like 10% or less).

"Thank you for reaching out to Perricone MD. Here is a good regimen.
AM: cleanser, then Cold Plasma, High Potency Amine Face Lift, Acyl Glutathione and moisturizer.
PM: Cleanse, then Cold Plasma, multi Action Over Night and moisturizer.
AM & PM: Acyl Eye serum, an eye cream. AM & PM Cold Plasma Sub D for the neck."

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is thicker than most products identified as a serum, but that's okay with me. I received this as a free, 7-day trial from Influenster and I was eager to try it. I have dry, sensitive skin and I always like a serum that can soothe and help fight fine lines and dry, tight skin. This didn't irritate my sensitive skin, and spread on quite nicely - it especially works well under makeup, helping provide a smooth base. My reasons for the low rating are these: 1)it smells so bad that I cannot use it; while not a strong scent (I think it occurs on its own and is not added fragrance), I found it to be nauseating having it all over my face. It's sort of a fishy odor, like fish food or the beach after a storm, but with hints of wet dog added. 2)The product comes in a jar container which is not stable for the ingredients and at this price point that's unforgivable, in my opinion. If you are not at all sensitive to smells, this might be worth a try, particularly if you can get it in a small size where shelf life is less of a concern. Otherwise, I would avoid.

As other have mentioned, the stench of this stuff is pretty freaking unbearable! Think of fish food flakes, but 100 times more pungent! After several week of trying to use up my deluxe sample of this stuff, I can tolerate the smell a little more, but I was initially piling on fragrances on my pulse points every night to mask the awful aroma!

I think Cold Plasma is a decent night time moisturizing treatment - my skin certainly didn't suffer while using this product, but was there a remarkable difference using this as opposed to my usual night time treatment (Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos or a retinol oil with whatever facial moisturizing I'm working there)? Nope. In fact, I think I achieve better results with my Drunk Elephant night time regime. After several weeks of using this, my skin looks "okay" - my skin appears nourished and well-hydrated, but nothing noteworthy or life changing. I would consider repurchasing and putting up with the smell if I felt it was more effective, but it simply wasn't for me. Beautypedia seems to have a poor opinion of Cold Plasma as well, be sure to read up on it.

This product seem to go on sale a fair bit, so I certainly would not recommend buying this at full price. But if you're curious and have a high tolerance for pungent stench, wait until it goes on sale or ask for a sample.

There's no way to justify the price of this cream. It's nice and the smell didn't bother me. I would say it's above average but nothing amazing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I can't rate this product on effectiveness because I just put a sample packet all over my face.
I don't know how anybody could get past the smell!
I am not sensitive to smell and can even handle a stench if it dissipates.
This smells like fish, and not like a cute baby fish but a bucket full of dying fish.
I hate to sound dramatic but this is actually is making me naseous as my stomach is doing flips.
I can't take it off now because I've already put on a full face of makeup.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this on my skin. It leaves my skin looking fresh and smoothe. I use it with other Perricone products.

Another one of those insanely priced creams that my skin just loves. Every time I use Perricone's Cold Plasma, my complexion looks AMAZING the next day. There is such a visible and noticeable glow. Everything just looks smoothed out and gorgeous. I love this magic potion! But the price tag is ridiculous. That and the weird scent this stuff has are my only complaints.

For reference my skin is combo-oily, not sensitive.

This is an excellent product and I will definitely buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have acne prone, sensitive, dry skin with large pores and discoloration. This is a light watery bluish cream that goes on lightly. It does not hydrate completely, so I may layer another moisturizer on top at night. Due to the Glycolic acid in this, I only use it at night. It does not break me out or clog my pores. For the price, at $165 currently, this cream does not perform as promised. It's a light moisturizer with nice skin ingredients, but I don't find myself seeing drastic results in texture, pore reduction and lightening spots. It is a light moisturizer at best. Also, the cream has a mild fish scent, which I can see being off putting to many. The container is clear and housed in an open jar, which leaves room for contamination and degradation of ingredients. I would not repurchase.

***decided to take off one lippie. Just is not worth any hype, way too over-priced. I did not see any clarity or difference after using the entire bottle

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love cold plasma. As I hit late 30's and early 40 my face began to lose it's glow. Though people still say I look young, I know I am looking closer and closer to my real age! I wish I could afford this on a regular basis. It really made my face feel wonderful (I'm seriously dry). I felt hydrated, and my face began to look well rested and nourished. My glow came back! I can honestly say I saw a real difference the first week. It even seemed to plump my light wrinkles on my forehead. This didn't irritate my skin at all and my skin is sensitive. My only problem is the price is way to high for the average working gal on a budget! I use this when I want to seriously splurge. I get my kids to go half and purchase it for me for my birthday, mothers day, bday or whatever. The initial smell is a bit fishy, but it's short lived (stinks for about 3 min, then dissipates). It's a small price to pay to look fabulous!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is evil. Pure evil. It's expensive, it smells and it broke me out in giant itchy pimples. Nothing breaks me out these days so this is a bit anomaly.