Neostrata oil free gel cleanser

Neostrata oil free gel cleanser
oil free gel cleanser

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been using this for quite a few months now, an have to say I'm dissapointed :( I have super oily, clog prone and acne prone skin with visible pores and redness. While I don't always have large pimples, I have small but visible bumps covering my whole face. This cleanser was not nearly as effective as I hoped. The bumps reduced slightly, but never a lot. My skin is still very oily and dehydrated looking, and my blackheads and open pores are the same. However, this didn't cause me to breakout or have extra irritation, so it's not bad, just not worth the price.

I have been using this product for about six months in conjunction with Differin and Clindoxyl gel, and I can say that this product has made such a huge difference to my skin care regimen! I use it in the morning and at night, prior to applying my acne medicine. I have noticed that my topical creams absorb much faster after cleansing my face with this product, and it also leaves my skin feeling very supple.

The product comes out as a white gel, with very handy pump-form packaging.

Pros:
Contains 150 mL of product
Handy pump packaging
Contains 4% glycolic acid
Does not give me breakouts
Gentle on skin

Cons:
Packaging is not see-through, and gives no indication as to how much product is left
May be a bit pricey for some at $27 CDN
Does not completely remove "tough" makeup

All in all I would definitely re-purchase this.

EDIT: I went to my local Shopper's to pick up a new bottle, and aggravatingly enough, the packaging had been changed to a squeeze tube bottle. Although I feel very tempted to take off a lippie for the crappy packaging, I feel like it would be doing too much of an injustice. Two thumbs way down.