Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate
Midnight Recovery ConcentrateMidnight Recovery Concentrate

3.5

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Squalane, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil/Rosehip Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis Oil/Evening Primrose Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed Oil, Coriandrum Sativum Oil/Coriander Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Lavandula Angustifolia oil/Lavender Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil/Geranium Oil, Linalool, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil/Rosemary Leaf Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Cucumis Sativus Extract/Cucumber Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa Extract/Turmeric Root Extract, Limonene, Citral, Sclareolide, Rosa Spp/Rose Flower Oil, Jasminum Officinale Extract/Jasmine Extract, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil fmla 685449/18 Code F.I.L: D39273/5

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Broke me out horribly! I really wanted to like this hero / cult product as everyone is raving about it, but in the end was terribly disappointed by it.

I had such high hopes. I already use oils for my hormonal oily & cystic acne skin (squalane, double cleansing, marula oil) but this particular mixture was so irritating due to the heavy esential oils in it (because my skin is hyper reactive and sensitive i have gotten used to mild, safe products) and the first time I opened the bottle the lavender smell just hit me in the face, it was so strong!

I used this oil only on the parts of my face that were not having acne and the next morning those zones were super oily and had broken out even though they are normally acne free.

I also found the oil to be heavily irritant as the skin presented redness and congestion. At the quantity of essential oil it contains it’s no surprise.

So for acne prone/oily/sensitive skin this is a big NO.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I went to Kiehl's for consultation and the beauty adviser talked to me about this, and how people are taking this as their HG.

So the following day, I asked for a sample and guess what? It broke my already full of tiny bumps and acne skin out(forehead and jawlines), and made my skin oilier. (worst nightmare!)

I only used this for 3 days and many pimples came out. And right after I stopped using it, my skin stopped breaking out.

I suggests all the acne prone/oily skin people to do your own research about the ingredients or get a sample before buying the product.

I'm just not sure my skin is allergic to any ingredients in it (I do have a sensitive skin) but when I returned to the Kiehl's and asked the beauty adviser (different from the one I consulted at first), she said I should stick to basic skincare before introducing serum/oils because my skin is still sensitive and not healed.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm borderline obsessed with Kiehl's and use several of their products with great results, so I was eager to test this one out, especially considering that it's one of their bestsellers and many people rave about it. The first time I got a sample I had no idea how to use it and basically rubbed it all over my face after cleansing, which was way too much and made my skin greasy as hell. A few months later I decided to give it another try. This time I knew how to apply it: 2-3 drops before applying moisturizer, and off to bed I was. Now that I have tried it 'properly' for a few days I can't say that I like this. While the scent is quite lovely, it's also rather obtrusive, but my biggest issue is that I wake up with congested--even irritated--skin, particularly on my cheeks, and neither does it feel as soft as many people claim. For me it feels like it just sits on my skin and doesn't really sink in. Even using only a few drops this feels heavy and too oily, and I'm saying that as someone with very dry skin. As someone with very sensitive skin and allergies it's very likely that I simply don't tolerate one of the ingredients in this product, and I can imagine that this works well for other people. It does seem to brighten, but my skin simply isn't happy with this and feels very irritated and aggravated.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Ehhh...I like the scent and how soft my skin feels after I use this. But...dang it, it's EXPENSIVE. I've been ordering samples from Amazon sellers to see how much I like it and while I'd splurge for a full size in a heartbeat, it's just not quite worth it. Unless my search for a serum like this doesn't pan out, I don't think I'll be splurging on this soon. Maybe I'll keep feeding my jones for it with samples!

A teeny bit of this goes a long way for me. It's pricey, so the longevity and effectiveness are worth it. It is fairly heavy IMO, and does take some time to absorb into my skin. But, that said, it does a great job of moisturizing and improving my skin texture. Would buy again.

on 7/4/2018 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I received this originally as a sample in a Sephora order and from first use I could see a noticable difference in my skin clarity. I tank it as a good value because just a few drops equals one use and even at a higher price, this bottle will last forever. I figure it averages out to less than $10 a month (price/how many months a bottle lasts). I don't use this every night though. I kind of feel it's a waste when my skin is not bad most days and I prefer a retinol facial oil to prevent aging normally thru the week. I use this when my skin is hungover so to speak and this revives it overnight. When my skin is dull, tired and stressed after a hard day, I apply this after cleaning and toning then let it absorb well for at least 10 mins before I continue with serums and night creams. it is light, non greasy feeling and absorbs really quickly and thankfully doesn't leave my skin looking oily after application. when I wake the next morning my skin is revived, dullness is gone and looks healthy and happy again. I do recommend this to anyone wanting to improve appearance of skin. it works wonders. if you have dry skin or just looking for a good hydrating oil then I wouldn't necessarily buy this one when there are many other less expensive oils that work for simple concerns such as dryness

on 7/3/2018 8:46:00 PM

Amazing!! I bought the product after a friend’s recommendation and I loved it. In 2 weeks my skin was much much better and I will keep using this product forever. 👍🏻♥️♥️

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awesome, lightweight oil that absorbs quickly and gives a nice glow. I use it about 2-3 times a week. Have already repurchased several times. Forgot to mention that I use this in place of a night moisturizer. With my oily skin, I could not handle one on top of the other.

This serum is an oily product, which is applied after toner and before moisturiser. It has an inoffensive scent and a little goes a long way, so the product will last a long time. I also like the dropper-style applicator, as it makes the product easy to dispense and apply whilst still being hygienic. However, unfortunately this product simply does not work for me. I have used this for about a month now, and unfortunately has broken my skin out quite badly, and caused red blemishes to appear. It appears to make my skin look congested also. As such, I cannot give this more than one star. Perhaps it would work for more mature or drier skin types. I will not be repurchasing.

I really wanted to love this product. Saw a Youtube review of it and went out to purchase a bottle for myself. LOVE the scent.. reminds me of a Clarins tonic oil I used to apply. Unfortunately the product made my skin feel tight/dry when used on its own after the Calendula toner. When I used it under the Ultra moisturising face cream, it didn't help much as well. All in all, I don't think it did anything for me. At $80 that's not okay. So I'm going to have to return the item.