OPI Red My Fortune Cookie

OPI Red My Fortune Cookie
Red My Fortune Cookie

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

OPI are good at reds - and Red My Fortune Cookie is no exception! This shade was released as part of OPI’s Hong Kong collection and is a very pretty shade of poppy red with a creme finish. It is fully opaque in two coats with a great formula - even and streak-free application. The colour has warm undertones, with a hint of orange (thought it is definitely still a red!), so it is perfect for warm tones. Personally I think it would be universally flattering. It has good staying power, lasting around 5 days when paired with base and top coat, a wear time I find standard with OPIs. This is a very pretty shade of red, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable poppy red to add to their collection. Love this one, it’s a go-to shade for me!

on 11/2/2017 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Cute, cheerful warm poppy red. The orange in it is good for warm skin tones (like mine). The formula is nice. That said, I much prefer Cajun Shrimp because it's more versatile, complex, and flattering (red + orange + pink). If I could only have one color in the world, it would be Cajun Shrimp. So if you're on the fence between the two colors, I'd suggest Cajun Shrimp to try first. Both are pretty, though.

on 10/11/2013 3:44:00 AM

This applied very well , smooth like butter , zero streaks and super easy to apply . One coat is also good to go. But I don't think the color flatters my skin tone .

on 1/25/2016 1:18:00 PM

I thought this one was just okay. Bright reddish-orange creme. Lots of other polishes out there look just like it. The formula is decent but a little too sheer for my liking.

There really wasn't anything special about this one. Wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Okay, so great color for spring and summer, yes. ALSO fabulous color for this fall! Clear beautiful red-orange pigment looks beautiful with the autumn neutrals. Lacquer sweeps on the nail smoothly with coverage in a single coat if you're in a hurry. My current fave.

Not my favorite. Typical red color, longevity not so great - chips in about a day or 2. For some reason it takes forever to dry as well. Typical red, almost looks coral in certain lighting. Wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Red My Fortune Cookie is fantastic! That's what I wanted my first sentence to be in order to describe the nail polish... OPI for me is a top quality brand which makes super quality nail polishes. Easy and great to apply, dries fast (which I find super important) and has great staying power. RMFC is a vibrant young red with a high shine. It looks fresh, extremely feminine and classy. I like short nails and it looks amazing. Whenever I go on holiday I always put RMFC on my toe nails as they stay put throughout the entire holiday: sun, sea, beach etc... Personally I don't like 'old' red, I like young fresh red and that is exactly what this colour is. My jar is nearly finished and I will 100% buy a new one. Couldn't imagine being without this colour in my collection. So, I absolutely recommend this colour and OPI in general !!

on 5/26/2013 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

When I went to get my acrylic stiletto nails infilled this shade caught my eye so I asked the manicurist to put it over the top. It's just your standard red, nothing special, slightly coral. Good application but not something I'd buy.

on 1/1/2013 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

First, It's OPI. The formula, brush and longevity is impressive.This shade is really great. In some lights, it can be orange, pink or red. It is very elegant not-so-hot red. 1 coat and you get the bottle color. 2 coats to make it last and to achieve more opaque color. It's a very shiny nail polish but it doesn't give a jelly-like finish. Though i really love this shade, i won't buy this again. I'd rather purchase other shades. But for you who haven't tried this one and wants to try a different, classy shade of red, this one is worth a try.

Red My Fortune Cookie is a fabulous bright red creme. Crisp, bright color that looks great in any season. In terms of quality, this is probably OPI at their best - I love their creme polishes, they flow onto the nail like butter. Smooth, opaque in two coats, long lasting.. love this color! If you're looking for a bright red, pin up girl/retro red color, this is for you!

Popular Polishes