Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof

Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof

3.3

on 7/3/2016 11:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've come back to this mascara over and over again. Always been tempted to try other brands (including the high end) but I finally realize that this one works best on my lashes. No clump, no crease, no smudge, holds curl all day long. The only downside is the bulky packaging. Other than that, this is by far the best mascara I've ever used.

I've been using this mascara for years. I prefer the waterproof version since I need a strong hold for the curl; my lashes are long but very straight and with a normal mascara the curl just doesn't last that long.

I love the wand, it's pretty big so it took some time to get used to using it without smudging the mascara everywhere. The short dense bristles really separate and coat each lash perfectly! You need multiple coats of this stuff if you want any clumps.

Big downside is that after some hours it does transfer to my browbone, but that's easily fixed. ALSO you need a really strong make up remover for this mascara.

To Read all 90 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/23/2016 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

BEST MASCARA EVER! So I am asian and a common trait that I so happily have are short lashes that stick straight out. Usually when I curl my lashes and put mascara on, I loose all or most of the curl.With this mascara, my curl stays and is even enhance. I look doll-eyed and wide awake. I have had no issues with this mascara clumping or flaking. One thing to note is that it REALLY IS WATERPROOF. I have trouble even getting it off after wearing all day. You will need an industrial eye-makeup remover or else you are screwed. Because of this, I only wear the mascara a couple of times a week so that I don't have to deal with this issue. But the benefits of how it looks when I do wear it definitely outweighs the stress of getting it off. The brush itself work well for me but I have to be extra careful because a lot tends to accumulate on it and sometimes it get messy when I put it on. But as long as you are not in a rush and are using a light hand you will be ok! Seriously try this out!!!

on 5/5/2015 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I Love this mascara!! I am a bit of a makeup addict, and normally buy more expensive brands, but I also live at the beach so I needed a mascara that could hold up against lots of water and humidity. After many trial and errors, i found this mascara, and it is perfect for what I want! It stays Black, which is important because many mascaras have a bit of a greyish worn look to them by the end of the day, which I hate, but this mascara looks just as great 12 hours later, as when it was first applied. And it doesn't budge!! Swim all day and sweat bricks, your mascara will still look like you just put it on.. Literally.
To take it off use l'oreals eye and lip waterproof makeup remover.. It comes off easily and is easier than using regular oils, and it's also very inexpensive..
Have actually run out and am going crazy because other mascaras just don't hold up like this one.. ( I love this one, but the addict in me keeps buying different brands just to "see" if I can find another mascara that works as well.. ).
If its too "waterproof" for you but you like the incredible length that it gives, try applying a "normal" mascara as a base coat, then this one over top.. This just makes it a bit softer and removing it is super fast..
Max Factor false Lash Effect Waterproof definitely lives up to its name!!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is an impressive product. It simply outperforms any other mascara I've ever used in terms of wide-eyed, curled lash definition and volume, and it lasts all day without flaking. It's hard to believe that you would get this performance from a drugstore product, but you do, as long as you apply properly. As with any mascara, application is key. I curl my lashes first, but it's up to you. Wipe the tip and sides of the wand on the top of the tube before you start, or it'll just clog and clump. I push my eyebrow up gently and then apply to my lashes sparingly, wiggling the brush from the roots to the tips. This way you can gradually build definition instead of overloading your lashes all in one go, which would make them look spiky, spider-leggy and harsh. I love the false lash effect, and always define the lashes at the outermost corner of my eye with the tip of the wand. The only con is that it is difficult to remove, which you might expect from a product that lasts, but it's still a bit annoying! I use a cotton wool pad soaked in sweet almond oil (which happens to be better for my skin than eye makeup remover anyway) and rub gently on the underside of my lashes, working upwards. It takes a few goes, but it works. Argan oil also does the trick - it's just as good for my skin and doesn't irritate my eyes. Reading other reviews I can see this product isn't for everyone, but it's by far and away my favourite. I always repurchase.

on 3/16/2015 6:03:00 PM

Fantastic mascara. Gave my lashes the volume and length I wanted. Is the only mascara I've purchased that I would use and put nothing else on my eyes. 10/10 will buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

no i won't rebuy this again.it's truely waterproof there's no mistake here but removing this mascara is really tiring.i found the most effective way is ,cleaning the lashes with plenty of baby oil and cotton pads and use some pressure !.it's impossible to removing with regular makeup removers or tissues.you can swim,splash into any water,burst into tears without any concern.but the formula is really harsh for my lashes, it made them spiky and hard.when cleaning, there are always lashes on the cotton pad.also it didn't give my lashes volume,lenght or strong definition.but it seperates my lashes nicely that's the only pros for me.and it's pricy,not worth the money paid for it.maybe regular formula would work better.

on 3/5/2015 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have tried different MF mascara's and I really like most of them. I'm not very difficult when it comes to mascara as long as it stays put, but this one, ugh, no, I actually hate it. The brush is so big it's not easy to work with. The mascara is thick and sticky, even after getting a lot of product off the brush I need a lash comb to seperate my lashes after this stuff glued them together. But truth be told: when I finally get this mascara on the way I want it, it is definately 100% waterproof and looks alright. But so does mf masterpiece waterproof, rimmel 100% waterproof, even Catrice glamour doll waterproof is better and easier to work with than this one. I gave this to my sister, she didn't like it either and gave it to one of her friends. It ended up in the trash as nobody liked it, so I'm very surprised by all the great reviews here.

on 2/3/2015 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I know you are supposed to throw out mascaras that are 3 months old.
But I find it a waste.
This mascara I brought at a sale back in 2013. I used to wear it every day for most the year, it still has product in it.

The only problem I have is just that it's so hard to remove.
I think I ripped out a couple of eyelashes or something.
I know waterproof mascara is hard to remove but nothing should be that hard.
Doesn't hold a curl well. Also isn't a real false lash effect. But thats just my experience.

For around $33.00 NZD I would definitely not repurchase type of Max Factor Mascara :)

on 12/15/2014 3:57:00 PM

I'm not a fan of waterproof mascaras and normally I avoid them at all costs. Waterproof formulas are tricky and hard as hell to remove. But after my beloved cat was run over the other day and after I took him to the vets and soothed him whilst he went to Catty Heaven, I cried all my mascara all over my face. I was a mess. A black, runny, creepy-looking mess. And I still had to go to work the next day. So I reached for this never-before used mascara, curled my lashes, applied it and hoped for the best. It fanned my lashes out nicely, added a little volume, but the biggest thing for me - although it was a wet formula - was that it didn't pull my lashes back into their almost poker-straight-pre-curled-position, like most other mascaras do. I cried buckets all the next day. And my lashes stayed curled and black. I used it the next day, knowing that I'd cry again. And again, my lashes held their curl and didn't move an inch. It was like Max Factor had reached out to me and assured me of great looking eyelashes, even if the rest of my makeup was a tear-stained mess. I was very pleasantly surprised by this mascara, and I will definitely repurchase this for the future. It does have to be removed by an oil-based makeup remover (and I always use vitamin E oil on my lashes after using it to rehydrate them), but it's worth it for super staying power for over-emotional-cat-lovers like me :)