E.L.F. Studio Lip Lock Pencil

E.L.F. Studio Lip Lock Pencil

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Synthetic Candelilla Wax, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Dimethicone, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica Dimethyl Silylate. [5/12/17]

on 3/16/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tested this at home with some orange lipstick - it works very well as long as you do not rub your lips together. If you apply a good 2 layers of lip lock and then apply your bold lip color straight from the tube and leave it untouched, it works well. The minute I rub my lips together - the lip lock goes with it. However, I still think everyone should have an essential like this in their arsenal because I think it still helps. Especially if you have a ruined lip line from too many fever blisters - this really helps keep a line. Love this lip applicator, wish all their lipsticks came in these skinny tubes!

on 9/24/2016 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have developed lines around my lips (aging is not fun), and started to have problems with lip products bleeding. Lip Lock is cheap and readily available, so I decided to give it a go. It works well, but not quite as well as MAC Prep and Prime Lips. It's a little waxier and doesn't make the surface of my lips look quite as smooth, and I find that I need to reapply during the day to keep my color from bleeding into those annoying lines. Overall, it's a good product and I'll continue to use it, and the price is certainly right, but I would purchase the MAC version rather than this one.

on 4/7/2015 12:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is okay. I tried it a couple times but it seems to emphasize the tiny hairs around my mouth. I'm not into the fuzzy look, so I don't use it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I use this product sometimes, when I am planning on going somewhere very special and need for my lipcolor to stsy in tact and not bleed, feather, or run. Overall, I think thatbit works very well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Great alternative to having a gazillion colored lip pencils. I am really enjoying this little gem. Nice and comfortable and really keeps my lipstick in check.

on 7/16/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this pencil and keep several around in my purse, at home, at work, etc. It's comfortable to wear and non-greasy (I've tried other "clear liners" like Milani which felt oily and sticky on my lips and crumbled too - not good). I apply this over my entire lip to keep any lipstick or lip colour product lasting longer and more vibrant than it would look without. I also love that it makes my lips appear fuller without adding any glossiness and keeps my lipsticks a touch more matte and looks especially good with natural "mlbb" shades. Doesn't dry out lips, prevents any lipstick/gloss/whatever from migrating and it's cheap - highly recommend this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Clumsy packaging aside, this liner is great at doing what it's meant to. It's invisible, comfortable, not irritating, and keeps lip products from straying. What more can you expect? It's $3.00, full retail (and you can get it on sale), and can take the place of a drawer full of liners. I will most certainly buy again.

on 7/14/2014 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a space saver! I get so tired of carrying around a gazzilion different colored liners. Enter this clear liner which eliminates feathering like a boss. And you don't have to worry abt those pesky lining mistakes. AND its only 3 bucks, woo hoo! I have seen these go for anywhere btw $15-$25 in dept stores and there is no difference in any of them, at any price. I recommend grabbing one of these for sure.

My lipstick still faded

on 11/18/2013 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this so that I wouldn't have to buy lip liners for every single lipstick I own, hoping that it would keep my lipstick in place. However, I don't see much of a difference between using this and then using nothing at all. It's just...meh!

The thing that really bothers me about it is that it broke the first time I used it. The little part on the bottom that turns the product up just fell out. Now I can't turn it up anymore. So don't bother wasting your money on this, it's just a stupid product.

Popular Lip Treatments