Boots Botanics Lighter Than Air Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

My HG and the product that I normally run to is the ELF translucent powder (the colorless or white version) has been my favorite for years. However, it seems to have a white cast to it. I went out and was trying new foundations. I ended up getting the Boots Botanics Shine Away foundation in the color vanilla and the consultant at Target suggested that I try out the Lighter Than Air Loose Powder to set the foundation. When I first tried these products together, I was absolutely in love. I even did a review on the foundation here on makeupalley.

This powder is light, has shimmer but not noticeable when applied, and has a pink undertone opposed to the white color that the ELF powder has. For me it doesn't set into fine lines when applied over foundation but I did notice creases from smiling after a few hours on my first few uses but then I applied it more heavily around those areas and it worked like a charm. no more creases. I really loved this product and even with a liquid foundation on, I still looked like myself, but the improved version.

I've worn this for a week or two and overall it has worked really well. I think you get a lot of product the the $11.99 that you pay for it. My only issue with this product is not really an issue with the product but rather an issue with my skin. I get breakouts quite a lot and didn't have any when I first tried the product. I breakout all of the time. So it wasn't a surprise that I had a few breakouts here and there when I tried this product. I don't think the product gave me acne because I've always struggled with breakouts but rather I think the product doesn't do much for covering up any unwanted redness. Usually this is when I have to turn to a powder foundation rather than a setting powder.

Overall I love the product and I would most likely buy it again just like how I'll always be buying the ELF translucent powder. I even like to mix the two to get rid of that pink color it gives off!

** one thing I really didn't like about this product was that it was pink. I couldn't imagine this working for anyone with either yellow undertones or even just darker skin tones in general which is a definite bummer because this would have the potential to be a great product if that pink color didn't stick out like a sore thumb even when applied over foundation.

on 3/16/2014 4:59:00 PM

I bought this on a whim at Target without realizing it had talc! I don't generally use powders since I feel like they tend to look cakey on me or settle into lines/pores I didn't even know I had, but I was curious about the claims of being "lighter than air". This feels wonderful on my skin and I don't notice it at all when I do wear it (usually as a setting powder). I was surprised and a little disappointed by the bit of sparkle in it, but it's not that big a deal to me as I don't find it very noticible once it's on and blended.

Oiliness isn't really a problem for me except in the summer, so I can't speak yet of any oil control properties. And thus far I haven't noticed any breakouts that couldn't be explained by stress or hormones.

The packaging is lovely, if a bit bulky imo. Not sure how I'd feel about travelling with it... definitely couldn't just toss it in my purse. I don't use the puff included (I prefer powder or kabuki brushes) but it feels so soft and luxurious.

Unless I absolutely fall in love with it, I probably wouldn't repurchase this powder simply because I'd like to try other stuff ;)

on 11/18/2011 4:38:00 PM

This is a superb finishing powder. True to its name, it really IS lighter than air, which I really appreciate. I recently switched from using a kabuki brush to using a velour puff to press the powder into the face for better results. The puff that comes with this powder is perfect. The sifter at the top of the container is a fine mesh screen. When you think about it, this is much better than having something with little holes. The sifter controls the amount of powder delivered to the puff which sits right on top of it. I give it a gentle shake prior to opening, and there is the perfect amount of softly sifted powder sitting right under the puff. A little goes a long way, so this will last a long time. The price is perfect too. The powder is translucent so it doesn't add additional color and is perfect for setting foundation.