Boots Botanics Lighter Than Air Loose Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

on 3/16/2014 4:59:00 PM

I bought this on a whim at Target without realizing it had talc! I don't generally use powders since I feel like they tend to look cakey on me or settle into lines/pores I didn't even know I had, but I was curious about the claims of being "lighter than air". This feels wonderful on my skin and I don't notice it at all when I do wear it (usually as a setting powder). I was surprised and a little disappointed by the bit of sparkle in it, but it's not that big a deal to me as I don't find it very noticible once it's on and blended.

Oiliness isn't really a problem for me except in the summer, so I can't speak yet of any oil control properties. And thus far I haven't noticed any breakouts that couldn't be explained by stress or hormones.

The packaging is lovely, if a bit bulky imo. Not sure how I'd feel about travelling with it... definitely couldn't just toss it in my purse. I don't use the puff included (I prefer powder or kabuki brushes) but it feels so soft and luxurious.

Unless I absolutely fall in love with it, I probably wouldn't repurchase this powder simply because I'd like to try other stuff ;)

on 11/18/2011 4:38:00 PM

This is a superb finishing powder. True to its name, it really IS lighter than air, which I really appreciate. I recently switched from using a kabuki brush to using a velour puff to press the powder into the face for better results. The puff that comes with this powder is perfect. The sifter at the top of the container is a fine mesh screen. When you think about it, this is much better than having something with little holes. The sifter controls the amount of powder delivered to the puff which sits right on top of it. I give it a gentle shake prior to opening, and there is the perfect amount of softly sifted powder sitting right under the puff. A little goes a long way, so this will last a long time. The price is perfect too. The powder is translucent so it doesn't add additional color and is perfect for setting foundation.