Boots Botanics Lighter Than Air Loose Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

My HG and the product that I normally run to is the ELF translucent powder (the colorless or white version) has been my favorite for years. However, it seems to have a white cast to it. I went out and was trying new foundations. I ended up getting the Boots Botanics Shine Away foundation in the color vanilla and the consultant at Target suggested that I try out the Lighter Than Air Loose Powder to set the foundation. When I first tried these products together, I was absolutely in love. I even did a review on the foundation here on makeupalley.

This powder is light, has shimmer but not noticeable when applied, and has a pink undertone opposed to the white color that the ELF powder has. For me it doesn't set into fine lines when applied over foundation but I did notice creases from smiling after a few hours on my first few uses but then I applied it more heavily around those areas and it worked like a charm. no more creases. I really loved this product and even with a liquid foundation on, I still looked like myself, but the improved version.

I've worn this for a week or two and overall it has worked really well. I think you get a lot of product the the $11.99 that you pay for it. My only issue with this product is not really an issue with the product but rather an issue with my skin. I get breakouts quite a lot and didn't have any when I first tried the product. I breakout all of the time. So it wasn't a surprise that I had a few breakouts here and there when I tried this product. I don't think the product gave me acne because I've always struggled with breakouts but rather I think the product doesn't do much for covering up any unwanted redness. Usually this is when I have to turn to a powder foundation rather than a setting powder.

Overall I love the product and I would most likely buy it again just like how I'll always be buying the ELF translucent powder. I even like to mix the two to get rid of that pink color it gives off!

** one thing I really didn't like about this product was that it was pink. I couldn't imagine this working for anyone with either yellow undertones or even just darker skin tones in general which is a definite bummer because this would have the potential to be a great product if that pink color didn't stick out like a sore thumb even when applied over foundation.

on 3/16/2014 4:59:00 PM

I bought this on a whim at Target without realizing it had talc! I don't generally use powders since I feel like they tend to look cakey on me or settle into lines/pores I didn't even know I had, but I was curious about the claims of being "lighter than air". This feels wonderful on my skin and I don't notice it at all when I do wear it (usually as a setting powder). I was surprised and a little disappointed by the bit of sparkle in it, but it's not that big a deal to me as I don't find it very noticible once it's on and blended.

Oiliness isn't really a problem for me except in the summer, so I can't speak yet of any oil control properties. And thus far I haven't noticed any breakouts that couldn't be explained by stress or hormones.

The packaging is lovely, if a bit bulky imo. Not sure how I'd feel about travelling with it... definitely couldn't just toss it in my purse. I don't use the puff included (I prefer powder or kabuki brushes) but it feels so soft and luxurious.

Unless I absolutely fall in love with it, I probably wouldn't repurchase this powder simply because I'd like to try other stuff ;)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product is really great. Though at first it smells kinda funny but when I applied it to my face there's no smell at all. And I love the glittery and pinkish shade (to me it's kinda pinkish) and it feels like i don't wear anything so the tag "lighter than air" is really true ! :) idk how it works on anyone else but for me this L/P is perfect :D