Too Faced Absolutely Invisible Candlelight

Too Faced Absolutely Invisible Candlelight

3.7

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Serica/Silk/Soie, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Algae Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Punica Granatum Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polysilicon, Laureth-12, Gold PEG/PPG-4/12 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Aqua/Water/Eau, Methicone, Propylene Glycol, Limonene, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 1/29/2016 11:57:00 PM

I have a love hate relationship with this powder. I originally bought this as a highlight rather than a setting powder but now I think I should use it as a setting powder for that luminous look. It doesn't do anything as a highlight powder but I'm sure it'll give a nice glow as a setting powder. Doesn't have a scent!

on 1/7/2016 7:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I finally have been able to try this beautiful powder, and I'm so happy that I did. My local Ulta and Sephora are perpetually out-of-stock, so I took the chance and ordered from Sephora online. Like the reviewer below, NotoriousKaboom, I find that this powder performs perfectly as a setting powder for my very pale complexion.

As a 42-year-old, I have learned that I can't get away with very much shimmer and absolutely cannot wear glitter. This powder is a lovely sheer luminous glow without being sparkly. I apply it after my foundation or BB/CC cream combination, and the finish is beautiful. I feel like my skin has been transformed by a soft-focus camera filter! I was worried that this powder would emphasize my pores or expression lines like some powders do, but just like real candlelight, this powder makes my complexion look luminous and soft, healthy and vibrant. I will absolutely purchase this again, as I like it even more than my Bobbi Brown powder. (In fact, I like it better than my Guerlain Les Meteorites, except my Voyage compact is still more beautiful than the plastic Too Faced one.)

To Read all 83 Reviews, Login or Join

I've seen some negative things about this product but I'm in love with it. The packaging is adorable like most of the Too Faced products are. This truly gives the illusion of candlelight! You can make this very sheer or bold, it blends out so easily and a little bit goes a long way. So far I've used a little bit of it over BB for my everyday look and it gave off a nice dewy look. I also used it over heavy foundation and got a lovely shimmery night out look. It is very versatile!
It doesn't have any scent to it that I've noticed which to me is just fine. I really love that natural, light feel when wearing it. Some other powders are very uncomfortable for me, and almost feel itchy. I don't think a lot of ppl understand that it is not meant to conceal, rather than just give a nice glow. Normally I don't like shimmery things on my face, but this is very fine and doesn't make my imperfections worse like a lot of powders do without heavy foundation. To me, the fact that it's made with real gold is awesome lol I will 100% buy this again when it runs out. It is slightly pricey when compared to others but you get what you pay for!
P.S. I first tried this with no other makeup on just to see what it was like. When I came out, my boyfriend said "that new cream made your face look so much brighter" hehe he couldn't tell I had makeup on! He thought I just used my new masque, which I didn't.

on 12/27/2014 11:30:00 PM

Thought it would be a great setting powder, but now all I use it for is an eyeshadow.

on 9/30/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I mean to grab the pink/white highlighter but accidentally got this instead. At first I was annoyed and came pretty close to returning it.

Back story, I really wanted the Guerlain balls, but couldn't swallow the price. I love me some dewy skin, some thing to airbrush out the acne scars. I'd been using PP Pearls, which were great for the price but had the slightest silvery cast. This is fine if that's what you're going for, but Candle light has a bit more of a golden tone that looks more natural on me.

It probably won't do a lot if you want oil control, but looks really pretty over a lot of NARS blushes. I love this on my cheeks and forehead.

Now, for what it is this stuff costs a fortune. I don't blame anyone for not getting this due to the price as it's not earth shattering, but I like this better than others I've found.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I ran out of this a little while ago and haven't been able to find it since- they stopped carrying it at my Sephora and the Ulta near me is really hit-and-miss on what it has, but I just found it on Amazon, and repurchased it.

This isn't really a highlighter, whoever set this up here made a mistake. It might work as a highlighter on some people, but on my ghost-like complexion it works perfectly as a finishing powder. It sets my foundation or BB cream perfectly, gives a little bit of lovely shimmer (but not so much that I look like I'm trying to cosplay Edward Cullen). It's a bit of a splurge, but it's great for those days when you want something a bit fancier than plain old pressed powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this powder. In my opinion, this would not do well using this product as just a highlighter. So if that is what you're looking for, this would not work for you. This is meant to be a finishing powder. Much like the famous Hourglass Ambient Light Powders. I love the beautiful glow this product gives to my finished look. Does not look shimmery or oily. Just a healthy looking complexion. I'm oily and acne prone and this product has not caused any problems. Love it!

on 5/22/2014 1:58:00 AM

I think some of you may be misunderstood about what this product is, it's not a highlighter. It's a translucent face powder with sparkle to give you that dewy, healthy, soft glowing skin.

Personally I love the dewy look. When opening the compact the spects of gold in the press powder seemed intimidating but it's very subtle, doesn't make you look overly (Twilight Edward) sparkly. It sets my concealer very nice, no crease, no cake. I don't really have an oily T zone, my oil zones are just pretty much my nose and a little around it. But a light dust doesn't give me the MATTE look, it just makes my skin look fresh.

This product is light on my skin, i wish I can tell you the smell but my allergies are pretty much here to stay. Hehe - I hoped this helped

on 4/17/2014 5:34:00 AM

Same concept as the Hourglass powders except Too Faced Candlelight has been around longer and just isn't as celebrated or as raved over. This is a really finely milled powder, I would consider it a translucent powder with a very discreet gold shimmer.

I have Normal/Combination skin and use this all over as a finishing powder after foundation and loose/pressed powder has been applied, I find any face powder brush does the trick though my favourite method at the moment is to use a small powder brush to apply loose powder and finishing powder. Candlelight can even be used over under- eye concealer to set as it is so fine. It doesn't upset or affect other products applied previously - just glides over the top.

On my NC15 skin I find I cant really see the powder once it has been applied but it definately gives me a softly lit from within healthy glow. At 9g you get a fairly decent amount of product and I just have to say Too Faced really know how to do cute and girly packaging.

on 3/23/2014 9:49:00 AM

This is a really nice pressed highlighting powder. The packaging is beautiful as always with Too Faced. The first day I used it as the sales person recommended, as a translucent setting powder, and left the house with an almighty glow... not a good look!! Since then I have been using it as a subtle highlight high on my cheekbones, and just a very light dusting on my forehead and chin. I use the Jane Iredale Handi brush for application. A little bit more for evening is also nice. It's lovely in conjunction with a bronzer for a glamorous finish.