wet n wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I found this in the clearance section at my grocery store, so it's possible that this is being discontinued.

Sadly, it will be no big loss if it is.

This is a dusty, dry, fairly unpigmented purple with gold sparkles. This goes on pretty sheer and is a muted light/mid purple. This shadow isn't really shimmery, it's more matte with some sparkles.

Not as good as WnW's Color Icon trios or 8 pans. I'd recommend going ahead, dropping another $3, and buying Petal Power (8 pan) and getting a wider variety of pretty purples that are more pigmented and shimmery.

I have other purples I like better (like Petal Power), so I will probably end up scraping the powder out of the pan (I deported as magnetized) and pressing a different powder in there.

on 1/19/2014 8:07:00 PM

This is so gorgeous. Ohmygosh. I got it for a dollar in New York, and it's not bright and insanely pigmented. Which is okay, because I love the end result it gives me! It's a pale, slightly deeper lilac color which is beautiful on the lid, paired with a black. It's taken me forever to use it, I love it and have not even hit pan. For a dollar, would totally recommend!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This shade reminded me of an old StreetWear cream shadow that I used to have in high school (StreetWear - remember that?!). So for less than $3, I figured it was worth a shot.

The container is hard to open, first of all. Ugh. So many ruined nails. The color barely shows up by itself, so I actually put it on wet. If I use my finger to put it on, it get stained to a hot pink (no joke). Plus there's a huge dot in the middle of the shadow from where I have wet it previously.

I gave an extra lippy for the shade. It's not a bad shade by any means but I think that there is a better version of it out there.

These went on sale at a local store, and the colors had been luring me closer and closer to buying them for a long time. So I finally gave in and bought a couple.
I seriously don't know why I didnt' buy these SOONER! The colors are vibrant, the texture is to die for, and they apply and blend like a dream. So comparable to high end shadows. And at the $2 price range, there is no reason for you not to own them all.
Whats even better, is that there are a fair amount of shimmery shades, some glittery shades, and even some matte shades. (Including a gorgeous matte black). Wet N Wild seriously hit the nail right on the head with these babies!
I want to buy them all and stick them in a Z-Palette!

Nice color, but poor pigmentation, at least it was cheap so it's not a total loss. This eyeshadow was just ok, and I really had to pack on the color with a stuff brush over a base for it to show

on 6/19/2012 4:39:00 PM

I generally try to stay away from wet and wild products as I was always disappointed with their products in the past. On a whim I decided to get one of their eyeshadow singles that caught my eye, and I was surprised at the quality. Wet and Wild has really stepped it up with their eyeshadow! I like the texture, the pigmentation and the staying power. I was very surprised by this and I will definitely purchase other colors in this collection.

on 5/27/2012 1:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because I am a huge WnW fan and it was one of their newest colors. Love it! If you ever wanted a "neutral" lilac tone, this is it. I have light olive skin, so I don't look great in silver, frosty tones, but this purple has gold shimmer in it, so it looks really complimentary with my brown eyes. I used a primer first and the color came out lovely. Like my favorite, Nutty, this one shows as a deeper color in the crease, so you can just use one shade. I will repurchase.

I lucked out and scored this for 75% off. 50 Cents! Anyway, Kitten is a nice purple/lilac color with gold shimmer. First swatch and nothing really showed up. The trick to this is primer. With the right primer (Too faced shadow insurance) this little gem is beautiful. I paired this with nutty. It looked fantastic. Glad I was lucky enough to get this at such a great price.

I found the pigmentation on this very weak, as many reviewers did. I tried it on top of techno, the purple WnW "jumbo pencil", which has really terrible pigmentation, as well. Well, the two together perform beautifully. The pencil gives the shadow a pretty iridescent sheen. Try it. It's not super pigmented, but it's definitely an improvement.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Wet n Wild Color Icon #257A Kitten - this shadow looks gorgeous in the pan and pigmented when swatched on my fingertip. I was really excited initially to use this shadow however when I tried to use it come off as a really light almost white lilac color. I experimented with different brushes, keep building the color but nothing seemed to work. I decided to try it with my UDPP and it was a BIT better but the fall out was horrendous. I would not RECOMMEND this particular color. If you want to try any of the singles from Wet n' Wild try Brulee, Nutty & Penny. In my opinion they are the best ones in the singles.