COVERGIRL Clean Sensitive Skin

3.6

on 3/20/2018 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This foundation is ok, great for the price, only $6 at target. It takes forever to dry so application takes a reallyyyy long time, which I normally don’t have, so for that reason alone I might stop using it. It’s hard to get it out of the bottle without getting too little or too much. I found that the best way to put this on is simply with my fingers, it’s so sheer that using a beauty blender or sponge takes even longer to get any sort of coverage. On to the positives, it looks even better and better throughout the day. It stays moist and isn’t drying. It looks extremely natural. The second lightest shade works for me and I’m Mediterranean with olive skin, yellow undertone. It’s easy to find a matching color because this foundation is so sheer. This won’t be good for people who have a lot to cover or want a thicker foundation. I would use this again, other than how long it takes to apply, it looks pretty good as a casual every day foundation and the price is great.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Of all the Clean makeup versions like the one for normal skin, oily skin, THIS is thee best one of all of them. I tried all 3 and I can say this one beats the other two. It had the best color (doesn't oxidize!) and best wear power.

I have oily skin and the finish of this makeup is satin/dewy but it soaks up powder really well and looked great on my skin after I set it. It doesn't irritate skin or have a strange smell either. I have yellow undertones and I grabbed the shade 545 Warm Beige which is very yellowy and fits my skin tone well. Best of all it didn't oxidize like the other 2 clean foundations. This is an awesome foundation for everyday wear. It feels airy and light on the skin. Coverage is light to medium and doesn't look cakey if you build it up.

I recommend this even if you don't have sensitive skin. It's still good to wear gentle makeup and if you're on a budget this is great.

on 2/8/2018 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not a bad foundation. It has no spf, fragrance, or parabens, and is oil free and hypoallergenic (although it does contain talc, which some people have issues with). It's medium coverage with a matte finish. I have sensitive, mature, and very dry skin, and am around NC15 with neutral undertones, and the color Classic Ivory was the closest color match albeit slightly too light (next up color was too dark). Unfortunately, it accentuated some texture issues on my cheeks (i'm on retin-a and am flake city most of the time), but strangely it didn't do that to my pores. It doesn't me itchy like a lot of foundations do. The ingredients of this are:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Laureth 7, Arachidyl Behenate, Silica, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

This foundation has a light coverage and liquid consistency. It never dries down and has a slightly glowy finish. I don't like that it's in a pour bottle. My problem with this foundation is that it burns my skin. Immediately after applying this my skin feels irritated. This shouldn't be marketed to those with sensitive skin. Don't bother getting this, there are better drugstore options.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was my first foundation, and it works well enough. My main problems were that the palest tone was too light, and the second palest was too dark, so I had trouble when it came to finding a good match, and it smelled rather unpleasant. I could occasionally smell it while I went about my day, and although no one commented on it, it was a bit off putting. But overall, it was pretty decent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Inoffensive, if slightly uninspired. A non-irritating formula (for one's face and wallet) that is readily available at every drugstore.

Provided you find a color match, this will blend nicely on prepped skin with a damp beauty blender.

While this works well for my extremely sensitive skin, it doesn't come close to the natural glow that the Laura Mercier oil free TM imparts.

on 2/21/2017 9:42:00 PM

First off this product does not break me out! And I almost always breakout due to foundation. The color was a good match for me and enough variation in colours to switch to when tan in the summer. Bottle is a sturdy glass but could use a pump for more sanitary application. I use my fingers and it leaves a nice matte finish. Use a pressed powder when wanting a bit more matte and longer lasting. Only downside is it is not long lasting, I do tend to get greasy by lunch and is mostly gone by 5pm. Would still repurchase.

on 1/23/2017 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Inexpensive ($6 at target) liquid foundation for my 12 year old - purchased at her request. Not the greatest product in the world but a good "starter' foundation that matched her skin tone well. Easy to contaminate bottle so use a clean sponge when applying.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I can only get about 4 hours out of this before it starts to separate and break down. It looks smooth and dewy after initial application, but that is about where it ends for me.

on 10/16/2016 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is for the new and improved formula in the green bottle. I loved the matte look and finish of the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous but unfortunately that makes me breakout in little whiteheads that are so sensitive to the touch. Still wanting to stick with Covergirl I went with this one hoping it would be just as good without the sensitivity. It goes on so smooth and covers my redness like a champ. I have super oily skin and even in these Alaska winters I have to use primer, powder and setting spray just for this not to make me look like a greaseball but it is so worth it to be able to wear a foundation that doesn't make me breakout with such sensitivity.