3.6

price range

Reviews

1.0

a year ago

Bad bad for sensitive skin!! Beware do not buy! Burns the minute it’s applied.. should NOT be labeled for sensitive skin! Wrecked my skin!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

2 years ago

EDIT-- 10.5.2018-- Just a note: the new clean matte (oil control) version blue capped bottles (new look) has the exact same ingredients as the sensitive, except talc is flipped in listing order with dimethicone, and methicone is flipped with Arachidyl Behenate. Clean sensitive 2018: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Talc, Glycerin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Laureth 7, Silica,Trihydroxystearin,Arachidyl Behenate, Methicone, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Benzoate,Synthetic Wax, Mica, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Polyethylene, Barium Sulfate,Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Clean matte oil control 2018: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol,Talc, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Laureth 7, Silica,Trihydroxystearin, Methicone, Arachidyl Behenate, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Benzoate,Synthetic Wax, Mica, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Polyethylene, Barium Sulfate,Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides Both taken from current bottles. So they have the same ingredients, which may be why CG pulled the sensitive line again. Also, for a sensitive skin foundation, the synthetic wax sure makes it feel heavy on the skin. Old review: EDIT: Update: 9/2016 - I believe after many requests, CoverGirl has brought back this original clean sensitive foundation. I've seen it in stores, and it's showing up on the CoverGirl website as "new" - so if you have issues with your skin - check this foundation out! 2.29.2016: There is an old review for this product that I want to make sure gets linked for information: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=152364/Clean-Liquid-Makeup-Sensitive-Skin-[DISCONTINUED]/Cover-Girl/Liquid I give this mixed reviews, mostly because I think it's a great sensitive skin option - but it is discontinued - so hard to find - but also - it contains Talc, which can agitate some people with sensitive skin. For me, I have to stay away from Talc, so I can't fully recommend this - it also has very, very weak coverage. I have no pimples to cover, just uneven skin tone - and this barely covers even that. So, it's really not the best. I find PF's cushion foundation way better - and is talc-free. Coverage is amazing.

About reviewer (435 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

from

2 years ago

This foundation is ok, great for the price, only $6 at target. It takes forever to dry so application takes a reallyyyy long time, which I normally don’t have, so for that reason alone I might stop using it. It’s hard to get it out of the bottle without getting too little or too much. I found that the best way to put this on is simply with my fingers, it’s so sheer that using a beauty blender or sponge takes even longer to get any sort of coverage. On to the positives, it looks even better and better throughout the day. It stays moist and isn’t drying. It looks extremely natural. The second lightest shade works for me and I’m Mediterranean with olive skin, yellow undertone. It’s easy to find a matching color because this foundation is so sheer. This won’t be good for people who have a lot to cover or want a thicker foundation. I would use this again, other than how long it takes to apply, it looks pretty good as a casual every day foundation and the price is great.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

Of all the Clean makeup versions like the one for normal skin, oily skin, THIS is thee best one of all of them. I tried all 3 and I can say this one beats the other two. It had the best color (doesn't oxidize!) and best wear power. I have oily skin and the finish of this makeup is satin/dewy but it soaks up powder really well and looked great on my skin after I set it. It doesn't irritate skin or have a strange smell either. I have yellow undertones and I grabbed the shade 545 Warm Beige which is very yellowy and fits my skin tone well. Best of all it didn't oxidize like the other 2 clean foundations. This is an awesome foundation for everyday wear. It feels airy and light on the skin. Coverage is light to medium and doesn't look cakey if you build it up. I recommend this even if you don't have sensitive skin. It's still good to wear gentle makeup and if you're on a budget this is great.

About reviewer (182 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

1.0

2 years ago

This foundation has a light coverage and liquid consistency. It never dries down and has a slightly glowy finish. I don't like that it's in a pour bottle. My problem with this foundation is that it burns my skin. Immediately after applying this my skin feels irritated. This shouldn't be marketed to those with sensitive skin. Don't bother getting this, there are better drugstore options.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This was my first foundation, and it works well enough. My main problems were that the palest tone was too light, and the second palest was too dark, so I had trouble when it came to finding a good match, and it smelled rather unpleasant. I could occasionally smell it while I went about my day, and although no one commented on it, it was a bit off putting. But overall, it was pretty decent.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Inoffensive, if slightly uninspired. A non-irritating formula (for one's face and wallet) that is readily available at every drugstore. Provided you find a color match, this will blend nicely on prepped skin with a damp beauty blender. While this works well for my extremely sensitive skin, it doesn't come close to the natural glow that the Laura Mercier oil free TM imparts.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

It's true, this isn't a barn-burner in terms of coverage or staying power. It's in an annoying glass bottle, gets cakey if applied too heavily (and I have definitely done so with my bleary-eyed morning makeup application), and definitely leans toward sheerer coverage but I have a soft spot for it. The color Ivory 105 is light enough, evens me out enough, doesn't oxidize and it doesn't smell, plus in this reformulation they removed all the ingredients I know to avoid. Nothing to set the world on fire and I won't repurchase because there are so many products out there to try, but a nice little friend for the time being.

About reviewer (140 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGray

3 years ago

First off this product does not break me out! And I almost always breakout due to foundation. The color was a good match for me and enough variation in colours to switch to when tan in the summer. Bottle is a sturdy glass but could use a pump for more sanitary application. I use my fingers and it leaves a nice matte finish. Use a pressed powder when wanting a bit more matte and longer lasting. Only downside is it is not long lasting, I do tend to get greasy by lunch and is mostly gone by 5pm. Would still repurchase.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

Cover Girl "reissued" this long time product: now oil-free and scent-free. If you are looking for a full coverage foundation, there is nothing to see here. But if you have good skin and want to simply tone down the redness, I find this works for me 60+ skin. The shades lean toward light and medium - I think CG expects darker skins to head for the "Queen" line. I use a super light dusting of baby powder (I'm a huge fan of the iconic make-up artist, Way Bandy-see his book for this tip) and I mix this foundation in a cocktail of moisturizer, mineral water and a drop of liquid blush and it works for me. But even alone, it's a fine foundation with a smooth texture that doesn't take three cleansing products to remove (I'm talking to you Doublewear!)

About reviewer (417 reviews)

Age56 & Over