Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

3.0

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I don't know why this mascara got such lousy reviews, I find myself reaching for this mascara much more then my Voluminous or Bad Gal lashes. I love the two step system and I like that the formula isn't too wet or clumpy. This makes false lashes even more gorgeous and dramatic. I also love this stuff for putting mascara on my lower lashes, it makes it easy because of the smaller wand and it doesn't smudge and make a huge mess. I haven't experienced any smudging or flakes from this mascara. Love!

Despite its claims of being smudgeproof and having a primer layer, I found this mascara smudges just as much as others. I got raccoon eyes on a regular basis. The only mascara I've found that doesn't give me raccoon eyes is Cargo Better than Waterproof but I hate removing it mascara because I feel like I am pulling out my eyelashes when I remove the "tubes". I just bought the Clinique no smudge and so far it seems better.

on 3/21/2012 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am on the fence about this product. I originally started out using the primer but found that after a few times when I noticed I didn't cover the white primer properly I decided to stop using the primer. Yes it does add some volume but this product works on its own. It is not WP but gives enough coverage for dark lashes, decent volume. There is some smudging on my upper lashes because they're long and touch my brow. I purchased this at a discount outlet for $2.99 so a good deal. Wish the buy again had a maybe option but if I had to lean one way or another, it's a no because it doesn't have the wow factor.

on 10/22/2011 1:52:00 PM

Awful. Very little volume, no definition and it started smudging within an hour.

Absolutely loved this mascara. I used to use the old XXL Intense Volume + Length one but they discontinued it so I had to find another one.

I was skeptical at first about how well this would work, but I found it was great. It does clump a little bit at times, but it's not a big issue; enough re-brushing with the topcoat usually fixes any real problems.

I have very fair, short eyelashes, and this stuff really makes them longer and fuller. Not only that, but despite the fact that it's not waterproof, whenever I go swimming with this stuff on, it hardly marks up my face at all.

on 11/28/2010 9:37:00 PM

24 hours my ass.

This is a bit fiddly -- a double-ended tube that you unscrew from one end to apply the black primer (brush attached to cap) and on the other to apply the "topcoat." I worry that the lettering will wear off the tube & then I'll be wandering lost in the woods, unsure which end to apply first, but that's neither here nor there.

I actually quite like the results of the "primer" -- very precisely defined, if not very voluminous lashes. When I apply the topcoat, my lashes often get a bit clumpy, and the mascara is actually *so* black that it looks rather fake. I don't mean fake in a kind of awesome "gosh, am I wearing false lashes?!" way -- but an uneasy territory neither big occasion dramatic NOR softly realistic. I don't feel that this mascara holds a curl particularly well, which is additionally irksome.

However, of all the sins this mascara has committed against me, the worst is its CONSTANT SMUDGING. For something that claims 24 hour wear, it comes nowhere close. Full n' Soft WP doesn't smudge on me...and yet this does. Every time. Within an hour or so of application, and regularly all day. I wipe away the smudges beneath my eyes, and by the next time I get a glimpse of myself, new ones have appeared. It *never* stops smudging. I do not wear this on my lower lashes, and have been testing this in non-humid, non-sweaty fall weather. My eyes are not watery. I have tried it while wearing primer potion on my somewhat oily lids & without. It smudges. It always smudges. To hell with you, "24 Hour Bold" mascara. For natural, defined lashes I recommend Maybelline Full n' Soft Waterproof, and for more dramatic and *actually* longwearing mascara, L'Oreal's Beautytubes. THAT stuff will not budge, I promise you.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

gave me long dark lashes, very buildable.. so in use with another mascara, you can achieve thick & long lashes. I would say the only thing i didnt like was that it can flake if you use too much.. and I love having dramatic lashes so of course mine always started to flake after a while.

on 2/9/2010 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bough this a few weeks ago, I normally shy away from the 2 step mascaras (who needs another step in the morning) but I was really excited to try this. I debated for awhile between the bold and the volume, I went for the bold thinking it would give me everything, length and volume. At first I wasn't sure if this was gonna work for me, it didn't hold my curl (a big no no for me) and seemed to clump. But after using it a few more times, I like it. It takes a bit more work then my full and soft, and I don't think I would use it everyday, but it works for my night time dramatic lashes. I used it this morning with very neutral eye makeup so that my lashes would be more noticeable, it's nice and black, and does give good length and volume. I have to use my lash comb a lot but I use it a lot anyway. I would probably repurchase, its a good price, but I may try something else, I am sucker for the new things...

After using for some time now this product is ok. It's nothing really special and I prefer other mascaras over it. I don't like having to put a primer on and then my mascara. It always clumps on me and looks awful (spider lashes galore). I probably wouldn't recommend this to anyone.