3.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

This is really the best mascara I've used in term of the look it gives me. Long, perfect volume, yet define lashes. Everything is perfect apart from the fact that its really hard to get off. With my thin lashes this just mean that I sometime lose one or two lashes when I took my eye makeup off! =( still , this is the mascara I use every time I go out with friends. I just LOVE how my lashes look with this on.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Tan, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

I don't know why this mascara got such lousy reviews, I find myself reaching for this mascara much more then my Voluminous or Bad Gal lashes. I love the two step system and I like that the formula isn't too wet or clumpy. This makes false lashes even more gorgeous and dramatic. I also love this stuff for putting mascara on my lower lashes, it makes it easy because of the smaller wand and it doesn't smudge and make a huge mess. I haven't experienced any smudging or flakes from this mascara. Love!

About reviewer (379 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

7 years ago

Despite its claims of being smudgeproof and having a primer layer, I found this mascara smudges just as much as others. I got raccoon eyes on a regular basis. The only mascara I've found that doesn't give me raccoon eyes is Cargo Better than Waterproof but I hate removing it mascara because I feel like I am pulling out my eyelashes when I remove the "tubes". I just bought the Clinique no smudge and so far it seems better.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2.0

7 years ago

I can't stand this mascara. It makes my lashes a bit longer but I want volume. XXL means bigger not longer. Sheesh! Neither side 1 or side 2 did anything that any old run of the mill mascara does. I have to do a bajillion coats to even get moderate coverage.The wands are short compared to traditional mascara. I am going to try to make this work. When I use it with my other recent horrible mascara purchase (different brand)- the result is tolerable. I don't believe I should have to stack mascaras just to get a result I can get with one good mascara but I can't bare to toss out two brand new mascaras. I gave it two lippies because the very black is a nice black. Oh well. Hopefully both tubes of bum mascara will dry up really fast and I can go back to a better product soon.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

7 years ago

I LOVE this mascara! It makes my lashes look soooo long! The trick is to not let the first coat dry before you apply the second. Everyone always asks me of I'm wearing falsies! You need to buy this!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

7 years ago

I didn't buy this one entirely intentionally. I wanted this other version of XXL but they only had this one and i was like "sure, why not". I don't regret it for one second. Though the wand is short, it still delivers, but then again, it's only short because this mascara has two sides. One a primer/length and One for volume. The length side (thinner brush) can be used just by itself and it very well separates your lashes and if you want volume, use the other side. Or use both! Great mascara! It's not even waterproof and is still hard to remove. So I'm not sure if that's bad or not?

About reviewer (17 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlack

1.0

8 years ago

This mascara did not last at all. It rubbed off On my under eyes even when I used powder. I was left with raccoon eyes everytime! I gave it many chances but I ended up just throwing It way. It's not worth it.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

1.0

8 years ago

At first I thought this mascara was great, I wore it maybe three times on hot sweaty days with great results. Completely randomly one day I'm wearing this mascara and I check in the mirror and see total raccoon eyes! Admittedly it was a hot day and I was sweating, but this is supposed to be long lasting!! This mascara was the only thing I was wearing on my eyes so I know it was the culprit. It wasn't even minimal smudging, it was like a total melt down on my bottom eyelid. :( Very disappointed.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

8 years ago

I bought this to replace the original XXL Volume + Length microfiber mascara. I did not like the first initial try of this, but the second time around I started getting the hang of it. This mascara may be ideal for those with sparse thin lashes. You just really have to play with the mascara a few times to get the hang of it. I could see how a makeup artist would use this mascara to its fullest potential. One thing im not particularily fond of is that I have to wait for the second use for this mascara to reach it fullest potential and it does dry out a bit quicker than your high end mascaras. Bearing that in mind I have not found anything to rival this mascara.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

8 years ago

I like this mascara quite a bit. I initially bought it in 2009 but lost it & thought that some "cult favorite" mascaras would be better (i.e. Maybelline Falsies, L'Oreal Voluminous). Again, mascara is just extremely YMMV that you just have to try several different ones to see what works for you. I am confident that this will be a staple in my mascara stash, though. I have typical Asian lashes. They're thin and grow downwards, but I am thankful that I have a *bit* of length to work with. Throughout the years I have used mascara, I am a firm believer that the brush is a key player to how the end results look (although the formula is pretty important too!) For me, straight wands keep my lashes more organized than curved wands. Traditional bristles work better for me than do plastic/silicone bristles, but I'm not sure why. Now, I've heard a lot of times that bigger brushes are better for volume. I find this to be true, but I also run the risk of leaving a smudgy mess on my eyelids. This is where this mascara surprises me. The wands are thinner than your typical volumizing mascara. I was amazed by the amount of volume that I got, considering the size of the brushes. If you do get this mascara, play around with it to see what works for you. I've read several reviews saying to apply the "2" side first, but I'll share what works for me. Before I get into that, I should say that I don't think that this is a primer+mascara duo. If anything, it's more like a mascara+topcoat duo. Side "1" is the actual mascara. I usually layer 2-3 coats of this side. Side "2" is the water-resistant topcoat that also adds a small, extra boost of volume. I add 1-2 coats before Side "1" dries up, wait for all of it to dry, then curl my lashes. The end result I get is dark, full, and clean lashes that stay curled all day. I *do* wish that this gave a bit more length, but it excels at other qualities that I look for in a mascara.

About reviewer (305 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm