OPI Sweet Heart

3.8

on 11/29/2016 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Beautiful color but I think it's best to find it in a different formula. Unfortunately, this just is to milky and streaky for me. I've used it a bunch of times but it takes a lot longer to paint my nails with this since you need at least 3 layers to get it mostly opaque and each layer needs slightly longer than normal to dry. I also really appreciate a nail polish that is shiny and I feel like once the multiple layers have finally dried I'm left with an almost matte finish so I definitely need a top coat to give any shine. I almost always end up having to paint one nail an accent color because the polish will dent easily. On the plus side, when I do take all the time to use this polish I'm always very impressed with the lack of chipping. Normally my nails start chipping on day 2 but with this I can usually get about 4 days before I see any chipping.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I absolutely love this polish. It looks so natural on my nails. The baby pink is perfect for my complexion. The formula applies streaky on the first coat, but the second coat evens out the streaks. It definitely applies better with the OPI Natural Base Coat. I love it!

on 11/25/2014 8:26:00 AM

A lot like Bubble Bath but more nude. I mixed this with 'I Pink I Love You'. Effect was so nice! Turned into a pale milky pink .Very bridal. Recommend!

on 11/11/2014 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pretty, opaque milky pink color. You'll need about two to three coats to make the color show, otherwise it'll appear streaky and gross. I applied it with a base coat, then two coats of Sweet Heart, and finally a top coat.
I like the big brush and it makes it easier to apply rather than a smaller brush. Chipping does not seem to be an issue. Once dried, it appears clean and makes hands look well manicured. I really like this polish!

Loved the color but this was streaky. I stopped trying after 4 coats and threw it out. Waste of money.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Finally! I've found my perfect opaque baby pink! I had given up my relentless search when I decided to try one last time with OPI. It was between this and Bubble Bath, but I remembered that this color is Allthatglitters21's favorite pink. Not expecting much, I applied two coats over one coat of a sheer white from Essie and it's opaque and perfect. The pink is flattering and not a tacky pastel shade like Essie Fiji.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Opaque bright milky baby pink but with a touch of peach and beige that makes it more flattering to both golden undertones, and mature hands. Like everyone else I love these milky opaques for summer because they give my very pale skin the illusion of a tan!!

Essie Fiji is slightly lighter and pinker. Essie French Affair is similar but more lavender. Opi Mod About You is more lavender, but is a little harder to wear on fair or mature skin than the other 3 as it is a more intense fake plastic look.

Sweet Heart is a pain to work with and needs patience and good lighting. It takes ages to dry unless you use a quick dry top coat like Seche Vite, and the formula is thick and gloopy and prone to streaking. I found it best to first thin the formula down alot when I buy a new bottle. Then apply 1 thin coat, then 1 medium/thick coat. Then examine nails for the streaky ones (theres always 2 or 3). Apply another thin coat to the streaky ones, to see if that fixes them. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Then apply seche vite to all the nails you're happy with to seal and harden them so they don't dent. Then remove the polish on the streaky nails and re-apply from the beginning. It is a lovely shade and worth the trouble but if you have the time and patience. I only apply Sweetheart when I'm in a good mood and have alot of time to fix the mistakes but love the color when I do. Not so keen on the Opi wide brush for the opaque light shades, if you have slender smaller nails like mine for this type of shade application is more tricky to control application than the slimmer Essie brush.

Opi and Sally Hansen are made by Coty, Essie is made by L'oreal. China Glaze is made by American International Industries who also make Seche Vite and IBD nails. All make great polishes! It really depends on how much you want to pay and the individual shade so look up individual color reviews rather than slaving to a single brand!

on 1/24/2013 5:55:00 AM

This is the perfect balance between pink and peach. Not so much blue in it that it is too cool for my skin tone, and not so much yellow as to make nails look "dirty". It is a semi-sheer, so it takes a little more care to apply. But, you'll be rewarded because in 2 coats it is almost opaque. Bought a back-up.

Sweet Heart breaks my heart! I so badly wanted this to work because I love the colour. However, I can't get my nails to look like the colour in the bottle. The formula is thin, streaky and milky. Even three coats is not enough for full coverage. I just don't have the patience for this. Sadly, it's a dud for OPI, which is too bad, because I usually can rely on them for amazing quality.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this because I wanted something nude coloured for my nails. Well, I didn't look closely enough, because this is more of a pinky white creamy colour.

With my yellow toned hands, it looks a little off but it is still wearable. I wouldn't say it is the most flattering or gross either. It has a young, fresh. mod vibe to it.

I need three coats for 100% opaque nails or else anything less is a streaky mess.

I like it and will use it until it finishes, but I wouldn't repurchase. I am sure there are better colours for my skintone.

Popular Polishes