OPI Sweet Heart

3.7

on 2/7/2018 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

In the bottle it's a whiteish tan with a hint of pink and peach, still very neutral. It looks opague in the bottle.

1 coat goes on a bit streaky. It's milky and very pretty but it does not look good in one coat.

2 coats go on streaky, but helps even out the first coat. It's milky and semi-opague and pretty true to bottle color. It still doesn't look as good as I would like.

3 coats are still streaky and get a bit patchy. I really could not get this too look good even with quick dry, leveling to coat. I would not re-buy it.

Skip this, and get an easy to work with formula in the same family (not a shade dupe) with Wet N Wild 2% Milk or Essie Allure or Madamosellie.

This is one of the first OPI products I have bought. Because it's so popular, and expensive, I thought I was going to get a high quality product. Instead, I got something extremely frustrating. This polish is extremely thin and streaky. It takes 3-4 coats to get full coverage, and you have to have a very light touch to keep it even. It takes a very long time for each coat to dry, and is very prone to denting and smudging. I've also found that it is pretty temperamental and bubbles easily when drying. You can't agitate the bottle at all before you use it, and after applying don't blow on it or shake your hands about or you'll have to start over. You need A LOT of time and patience if you want to get a good manicure out of it.
The colour is lovely, and makes me feel girly and cheerful when I have it on. I also love it with a matte top coat, it deepens the colour and gives a lovely effect. I also prefer this polish on my toes, I think it looks super cute. It can be long lasting without chipping or cracking once it's all on and dried, I've had it to last up to a week without any visible damage.

on 11/29/2016 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Beautiful color but I think it's best to find it in a different formula. Unfortunately, this just is to milky and streaky for me. I've used it a bunch of times but it takes a lot longer to paint my nails with this since you need at least 3 layers to get it mostly opaque and each layer needs slightly longer than normal to dry. I also really appreciate a nail polish that is shiny and I feel like once the multiple layers have finally dried I'm left with an almost matte finish so I definitely need a top coat to give any shine. I almost always end up having to paint one nail an accent color because the polish will dent easily. On the plus side, when I do take all the time to use this polish I'm always very impressed with the lack of chipping. Normally my nails start chipping on day 2 but with this I can usually get about 4 days before I see any chipping.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I absolutely love this polish. It looks so natural on my nails. The baby pink is perfect for my complexion. The formula applies streaky on the first coat, but the second coat evens out the streaks. It definitely applies better with the OPI Natural Base Coat. I love it!

on 11/25/2014 8:26:00 AM

A lot like Bubble Bath but more nude. I mixed this with 'I Pink I Love You'. Effect was so nice! Turned into a pale milky pink .Very bridal. Recommend!

on 11/11/2014 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pretty, opaque milky pink color. You'll need about two to three coats to make the color show, otherwise it'll appear streaky and gross. I applied it with a base coat, then two coats of Sweet Heart, and finally a top coat.
I like the big brush and it makes it easier to apply rather than a smaller brush. Chipping does not seem to be an issue. Once dried, it appears clean and makes hands look well manicured. I really like this polish!

Loved the color but this was streaky. I stopped trying after 4 coats and threw it out. Waste of money.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Finally! I've found my perfect opaque baby pink! I had given up my relentless search when I decided to try one last time with OPI. It was between this and Bubble Bath, but I remembered that this color is Allthatglitters21's favorite pink. Not expecting much, I applied two coats over one coat of a sheer white from Essie and it's opaque and perfect. The pink is flattering and not a tacky pastel shade like Essie Fiji.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Opaque bright milky baby pink but with a touch of peach and beige that makes it more flattering to both golden undertones, and mature hands. Like everyone else I love these milky opaques for summer because they give my very pale skin the illusion of a tan!!

Essie Fiji is slightly lighter and pinker. Essie French Affair is similar but more lavender. Opi Mod About You is more lavender, but is a little harder to wear on fair or mature skin than the other 3 as it is a more intense fake plastic look.

Sweet Heart is a pain to work with and needs patience and good lighting. It takes ages to dry unless you use a quick dry top coat like Seche Vite, and the formula is thick and gloopy and prone to streaking. I found it best to first thin the formula down alot when I buy a new bottle. Then apply 1 thin coat, then 1 medium/thick coat. Then examine nails for the streaky ones (theres always 2 or 3). Apply another thin coat to the streaky ones, to see if that fixes them. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Then apply seche vite to all the nails you're happy with to seal and harden them so they don't dent. Then remove the polish on the streaky nails and re-apply from the beginning. It is a lovely shade and worth the trouble but if you have the time and patience. I only apply Sweetheart when I'm in a good mood and have alot of time to fix the mistakes but love the color when I do. Not so keen on the Opi wide brush for the opaque light shades, if you have slender smaller nails like mine for this type of shade application is more tricky to control application than the slimmer Essie brush.

Opi and Sally Hansen are made by Coty, Essie is made by L'oreal. China Glaze is made by American International Industries who also make Seche Vite and IBD nails. All make great polishes! It really depends on how much you want to pay and the individual shade so look up individual color reviews rather than slaving to a single brand!

on 1/24/2013 5:55:00 AM

This is the perfect balance between pink and peach. Not so much blue in it that it is too cool for my skin tone, and not so much yellow as to make nails look "dirty". It is a semi-sheer, so it takes a little more care to apply. But, you'll be rewarded because in 2 coats it is almost opaque. Bought a back-up.

Popular Polishes