Cover Girl TruBlend Minerals

Cover Girl TruBlend Minerals

2.9

Talc, Mica, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Silicate, Titanium Dioxide, Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Glycerin, Quaternium-15, Methylparaben, Methicone, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Bht, Isopropyl Myristate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Carmine, Yellow 5 Lake, Ultramarines.

Yes, it's super shimmery but not on the skin, plus it's great coverage and you barely need any!! I do NOT recommend the puff it comes with, it's super overwhelming. I use a powder brush. A little goes a super long way, and for the price- it goes a long way! It gives flawless, natural coverage. In bright sun, people do notice a shimmer, but they say it looks good- not like edward cullen in twilight ha:) the glitter makes the skin look naturally glowy. Cover Girl is def. My fave drugstore brand:) def. Will repurchase:)

Edit: I put this down to 3 lippies just because I do realize how super shimmery it really is now. Comes off easily too and doesn't do much coverage wise. Cheap packaging which broke.

on 5/4/2016 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

I was VERY disappointed when I purchased this. I have a fairly light skin tone, so I bought this product in the shade light. My goodness there is no way this could be light! It would suit me better as a bronzer, if it weren't for all the glitter??! I seriously don't understand why there is so much glitter....
I guess if your skin tone is more medium to dark and you have a love for glitter, this would be perfect. It applies nicely enough. It doesn't sit awkwardly on the skin, the finish is really quite nice, but it just makes me look like a sparkly Oompa Loompa.

I loved the finish of this powder, but there was just too much glitter in it. If it wasn't for that, I would have really liked it. I did like how flawless it looked over my foundation, but the glitter was just too much.

on 2/15/2016 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Currently a fan of MAC loose mineral foundation but ran out so bought this. And... Let me say, total junk. I put it on with a brush like I apply MAC and it made my face look dry dry dry. A sparkly effect too. Didn't have coverage, just enhanced my fine lines and other imperfect areas. Won't even hang onto this for emergency use. Don't waste your money.

on 12/15/2015 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first experience with a mineral powder, and I'm impressed. Actually, this powder has really solved my difficulty in finishing off the shine on any foundation, and leaving a more natural texture and tone. I may experiment now with other brands at some point, but for now I am more than pleased.

Checking back in at later date: Still like the product, but went searching for a slightly lighter color - not available - as fair is the lightest. It's not light - more beige. So great for me in the summer.

on 8/25/2015 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

thank you.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This was my go-to powder for a long time. It's fallen out of favor lately for me. It does very well as translucent fair on my soon but it's very shimmery looking on me. I like the lightness. I dislike the applicator that comes with and usually use a brush, but the sifter built in doesn't let me control how much to put on the brush very well.

I love this powder during the warmer months when I am getting regular spray tans. It provides a flawless finish and has a subtle shimmer which gives a lovely sun kissed glow. It keeps me looking matte all day. I usually press on a light coverage for work or buff in more with my kabuki for a full coverage night time look. I think this product is great for the price and I will continue to use it.

on 6/29/2014 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My usual foundation routine consists of moisturizer, primer, liquid or cream foundation and a translucent setting powder. With summer in full force I was looking for something much lighter and that would not melt off with the heat and humidity. Wayne Goss, makeup up artist has raved about mineral powders and in fact uses them instead of a creamy heavier foundation. After comparing several of them in the stores, these powders aren't cheap, so I settled on this Cover Girl brand since it was more reasonably priced at $9. I have light-med skin with my summer tan but I still chose the lightest option which was #405 Light/Claro/Pale. This comes with a powder pouf, but I prefer using a fluffly powder brush. This was so easy to apply and it really did give me a nice overall glow and it evened out my skintone. I used this over moisturizer and it worked very well as a foundation for me. This has worked very well for me as a summer humidity buster and does not melt off or streak with sweat. All that was good. It is easily touched up too with a pouf of powder should I need to. I did not need to, but I was going for a natural I don't have makeup on look. Now the not so good, this shade was amost too dark for me and this was the lightest shade available. I am suntanned and while I have light skin even without a tan, it is not Snow White fair so this is not going to work for a lot of fair skinned girls. I do not expect this shade to be compatible with my skintone come winter though. The brush was hard to use with this as it was difficult to control the amount of powder. Tilting the dish over without the powder pouf inside provides too much, while simply tapping it gently gives too little and it gets in the air, I ended up trying to tap the excess off the powder pouf and dabbing my brush into that. I have been using this for over a month now, and I really love it. I can use it beneath foundation for a more finished look and more staying power, or alone for a sheer natural look and even out my skintone. The only reason I would not repurchase is that I would like a lighter color as this one is bordering on too deep for me.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I actually love this product, as long as it is in a lighter shade. It lasted all day which was good, because I actually wore it for the first time at a Luke Bryan concert last night & it lasted through everything. It also feels as though nothing is there, and does not leave a sticky or clumpy feeling residue. Plus, it seemed as though I had a very clear complexion due to it! I would definitely purchase this again.