Chanel Chance

Chance

3.7

on 1/6/2017 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favorite fragrance ever. My signature scent matching my chemistry. Usually, most fragrances don't last on my dry and fair skin or don't have a prominent sillage on me. I always get compliments about how amazing and charming I smell (both from men and women)...

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a beautiful fragrance it makes me feel like a princess when I wear it and all the boys be checking me out when I walk by them! ;).

on 5/19/2015 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've gone back and forth with Chance since it was introduced. I've recently revisited Chance and am pleasantly surprised to find it much more wearable than in the past. Lots of pink pepper on top that remains through the entire drydown, pineapple fruity, a vanilla bakery note, and a heavy dose of light musk. I don't get as much patchouli from the current version than originally. Very effervescent. Long lasting in any concentration. I get more of the vanilla bakery note in the EDP, and more of a fresh laundry vibe from the EDT. I prefer the Chance satin body cream best of all. Chance is youthful, but fun for all ages. If you like Pink Sugar and Chanel #5 Eau Premiere, give Chance a chance to delight you.

Chance, oh how I love thee. I was 19 years old when I found you, you were my first ever Chanel experience, yet you remain one of my absolute favorites. You're not nearly as heavy as No. 5, yet you're far more zesty than Coco Mademoiselle.

Now that I'm 30, I find that I've just now come to realize how much I appreciate you and all your spicy characteristics. Your pepper alone makes me feel fiery and alive. You have a slight oriental vibe that could, early on, be mistaken as masculine, but that soon softens into pure sophistication.

You're mature and elegant, and you make me feel the same. One spritz in my hair and you last for 48 hours. I can still smell you on my pillow. I don't care if anyone around me has an aversion to you, not that I've *ever* experienced that - quite the opposite. Men adore you and women are jealous of you. You will forever be a staple in my perfume collection.

on 11/25/2013 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

am i the only one that thinks that this smells a little bit menly??? but not in a unisex way.. i do not know... its a little overwhelming so if i apply it and get in the car right away i just start hating it... its better if your just going to the fresh air so it can soften a little.. still i wouls only wear it once every now and them... but i dont like it very much

I love this perfume!!! It stays on forever and everyone compliments me on how great I smell whenever I put it on. Im currently on my third bottle.

I dont know why this perfume has so many negitive reviews. This is a SEXY scent that captivates your womanlyness lol and demands attention. Elegant and gorgoues, and addicting to smell

on 5/1/2013 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Tested it numerous times. Ok, if one is a fan of CHANEL - it is a must, because you've got to have something that could be somewhat of a bridge between the "pearls and cardigan" nr.5, the "man's shirt, horn glasses and a ruler in the hand" nr. 19 and a "smoky eyes and glitter dress" MMLLE. This is a daytime or cocktail-hour perfume, a strong and sharp floral with a fairly decent staying power ( a miracle on my skin ), but one has to wait a good hour before the last chemical evaporates and it starts sounding more nature-derived, so to speak. It's great for working in friendly environment, in media or any creative branch - it is 100% feminine but wouldn't cave in under pressure and definitely would bend over backwards for anyone. If I could afford it, I would use it as my office perfume in march - june and sept-oct.: for summer months, if it gets really warm, this, I suspect, can bloom too much into other people's faces ( not proven, just a worry ). A brunch with the girls somewhere upscale and in a "to watch and be watched" environment is also an ideal setting for chance. Dating is another ( I am married, so it's a retrospective observation :) ) Try it, but be patient: the initial chemical burst does dissipate eventually. Just spray and forget about it for an hour or so. I give this one a 3, because originality is not among the ingredients, one has to spend a lot of time with one's nose turned elsewhere before it blooms and the price is not justified ( at least one can never confuse nr 5, coco or 19 with anything out there ) - it is not recognizable and therefore not suitable for a "character" perfume that is worth its bucks.

on 3/27/2013 1:28:00 PM

Oh my god I love this fragrance! I wasn't big on it at first because I felt it smelled a little old lady ish like #5. My aunt has a bottle of it and I decided randomly to wear it one day and try it and I fell in love with this scent right away. I can see how it smells a little more grown up than Eau Fraiche and Eau Tendre but still wearable for younger women.
This smells similar to Miss Dior, which is also a favourite of mine, except this is a little more citrusy and this is definitely stronger. I put on two sprays of it and it was almost too much, I could smell it on me all day long.
I love this fragrance and I highly recommend it to everyone. I think its suitable for women of all ages

on 3/13/2013 6:45:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

This smells -on me- like I ran through a perfume shop spraying every single thing in a bottle of water and then drenched myself in it. Has an amazing sillage but no staying power whatsoever, mind you mine's in edp concentration. It's also very oily on the skin (kinda like mitsouko). Won't be repurchasing since I have the large bottle (a pia to carry around since the metal cap keeps falling off and don't know why), packaging is cute but not useful at all. I wear this when I want to smell nice but don't really know what to wear. It's pretty average to be a chanel.
IMHO eau tendre and eau fraiche are better, cleaner, fresher smelling. And this being a 'chypre' well, I get more wood from Tresor In Love than this.

Popular Fragrances