Chanel Chance

Chanel Chance
Chance

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Chanel Chance is strong and dark, a perfume of perfumes, but for a youthful demographic not yet prepared to plunge into the full figured offerings that we call No 5, Coco Mademoiselle, Bois des Isles, or Coromandel. This is an effortless Chanel, a transitional Chanel. Sweet, candid, agreeable until it possibly turns into prickly wood shavings and powder, a mix of aromas that makes me wonder what I just applied to my skin. Going from the peppery fruit salad of lemon and pineapple to the saw dust with acidic overtones of the vetiver and patch strikes me as a decidedly unpleasant dissociative journey. However, this sharp, dry end stage does not always appear. I can and do often enjoy a bland sophistication, though it is not distinguished enough for me to escape conventionality. In a word, Chance bores one; Chanel has bottled tedium in an even more unappetizing round vessle. Do not bother sampling unless you find no better choice. Plus, the poor EDP longevity with the price does not do the scent any favors. My review must finish here. There is nothing left to say. Notes: Pink pepper, citron, pineapple, hyacinth, jasmine, iris, patchouli, vetiver, white musk, vanilla.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Packaging is super cute. Super expensive. However, I was so disappointed by this. It smelled gorgeous in the bottle but when I sprayed it on me, it didn't settle well. It smelled very sour and disgusting. All I could think of was that this smelled like acid. I really wanted this to work for me but it didn't. :(

on 1/30/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Dear G-d this is ghastly. As a longtime wearer of many Chanel fragrances (No. 5 Elixir Sensual being my favorite.) this has to be the most egregiously offensive odor this house of style has emitted. Why oh why Chanel did you have to stoop down to cater to the lowest common denominator to market your name to youth audiences? That IS the purpose of this scent, right?
That said, this is a combination of too many odors :floral, metallic, masculine, spicy, green. And the outcome: awful. I have smelled better hand soap from public bathroom dispensers.
Dry down on me smells similar to a mans peppery deoderant...that didn't work all that well.
That said, I'm certain this concoction of foul sells wildly, but not to the loyal, elegant hardcore Chanel customer that made and dare I say will be the reason your brand continues.
Please, make this a limited edition. I'm tired of smelling this on the obnoxious grocery bagging girl at my local Stop and Shop who is in year 2 of failing to acquire her GED.

on 1/30/2014 7:24:00 AM

I had this perfume as I gift and I don't like it at all.The scent gives me and other people headaches(my boyfriend hate it...lol).If there was not the "chanel" label I would say that it is a cheap perfume for more mature women.The only good thing for those who love this strong scent is that it stays on your skin forever!

on 11/18/2013 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I hate how strong this is. It's literally irritating. I spray ONE spray on the back of my neck and my eyes begin to water & itch, my nose clogs up & there is NOTHING I can do to remove it. It's one of those you spray in the air & RUN through. I'm insecure about it too because I feel like others can detect how strong it is. Thumbs down.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like my Chanel's. I do. As the years have progressed, each have held their place on my vanity, and at times, I've changed in my opinion of them. But this one has surprised me. Very much surprised me.
I'm surprised I didn't sneeze. Pepper. And more pepper. Throughout it's entire run. I know I'm not the only one that experienced this reaction. The first time, I thought, perhaps it's me, or the weather, or my chemicals, or whatever can change a scent on a person. But no, that's all I would ever smell. Each time I experienced Chance. Heavy pepper.
I like pepper in a perfume. As long as there are other notes that blend surreptitiously into the blend. But for me, apparently there is no chance of adding additional variety to this brew. It's a one spice dish that didn't work for me. On the up side, it did last for a good four hours or so.
Top Notes: Iris, Patchouli, Pineapple, Pink Pepper, Hiacynth.
Middle Notes: Jasmine, Lemon.
Base Notes: Musk, Patchouli, Vanilla, Vetiver.

on 9/20/2013 9:25:00 AM

The initial strength of this fragrance put me off this, it is overwhelmingly spicy and peppery with a sharp citrus edge. For me this was one of those fragrances that give an instant headache. After a while though the dry down was much more pleasant and soft although a little boring. The fragrance description on Fragrantica says that pineapple is one of the top notes, and I can detect a very faint sickly sweetness like artificial candied pineapple, but for me this is eclipsed by the pink pepper. I have a large sample size of this and I wouldn't purchase a full size. It is not worth putting up with the initial strong spice notes to get to the very average floral heart of this fragrance.

on 4/27/2013 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nordstroms was spritzing Chanel Chase so I tried it. This does not smell good on me, I kinda can't believe it's Chanel. At first I liked it, but then after a little while it smells like cheap body fragrance/artificial smoke, or how your cloths stink the day after a bonfire.

on 4/11/2013 8:50:00 PM

Being the devout fragrance review reader that I am (I check in daily to read the reviews) I am always struck by the rave reviews for this perfume. Naturally, I ordered a sample off of ebay and received it yesterday. Okay. Do not like. I already have tried Miracle and passed that on. This smells the same to me. Not interesting at all. Different strokes and all that. As someone mentioned earlier, if this did not have the Chanel name, it would probably not be so compelling. I do not find it fresh at all. Perhaps on someone else. Not for me.

on 11/6/2012 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Make me dizzy and gave me a terrible headache. Even started wheezing a bit.

Even if it didn't make me sick I think it smells terrible. I got it in a sample and wish I hadn't put it on at all. Yuck.

Popular Fragrances