The Body Shop Born Lippy in Pink Guava

The Body Shop Born Lippy in Pink Guava

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/21/2012 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Let me start of by saying I have INCREDIBLY sensitive skin, particularly on my lips. Most lip products make my lips very dry, cracked, and irritated. My go to lip products are usually anything by Burt Bees, because I seem to have the most luck with that brand.

However, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised after trying this products. Let me start of with the cons first though. Firstly, the smell is very sweet, and reminds me of cheap body spray that young teen girls like to drench themselves in. The taste is sort of sweet/soapy but not terrible and certainly not that noticeable in comparison to the scent. Lastly, the packaging is in a tub, which is a breeding zone for germs.

On the positive end, this product did not irritate my lips at all, in fact I actually found it to be moisturising and left my lips smooth. The consistency is sort of gel like and greasy, and does not at all have the stickiness of many similar products. I didn't have any problem with hair getting stuck on my lips either, which is awesome. The price is decent too, and you get a lot of product out of it. It gives my lip a natural glossiness, which I like quite a lot.

Overall I say this is a pretty solid product. It isn't anything fancy, but it's not priced as if it is anyway. Since it's in a tub I like to keep it at home instead of adding it to the collection of products in my purse. That way I can cut back on the amount of germs since only clean fingers will be touching it. I keep it on my desk so while I'm doing homework or on the computer I can use it whenever I feel the need.

on 9/27/2011 2:35:00 PM

Ugh. I actually "researched" these little pots of lip balm before deciding which one to get. I'd smelled the testers before and knew they all smelled good, so I was mostly just concerned with getting the one that tasted the best. While I don't eat lip gloss, I still tend to lick my lips and sometimes I kiss people so I don't really enjoy having my mouth coated in anything unpleasant flavored. This stuff is. It's sweet, but it also has a very plasticky, unpleasant, kind of nasty flavor to it. I won't repurchase this; I'm not even sure I can use the one I've got. I've rated this a generous 2 due to the nice smell (kind of a sweet berry-guava), color (pale pink, minimal shine though) cute package, price (only 2) and it's somewhat moisturizing.

on 8/17/2011 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This product is great!
It is expensive(around $8) but it's worth it unless you pile on your lippy then it has a good amount.it comes in these gorgey little pots and has a delicious flavor they smell great. Presentation wise I dont think it shows maybe just a slight shimmer so great for school or something like that.
I guess the packagings good to , the pot lid is sealed tight and it has a plastic seal on top.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The smell of this seems to be only attractive to some, but i admit it can become sickening.
Its a little more gooey than the other Born Lippy's i have which is kind of annoying cause its frustrating in the pot. You can put your finger in without getting too much (wasting the product) and getting it all of your finger, and your fingers germs inside the pot.
but strangely enough i've used more of this than any of my other Born Lippys.. hmm i'll have to think about that.

on 12/23/2009 10:13:00 PM

This is a great lip treatment/balm. It works well but I don't love the smell. I also tend to like lip balms that have a glossy finish and taste or smells sweet. But if you're solely looking for a great lip moisturizer with not much colour to it, do give this a try. There are testers at Body Shop.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I just got this off in a sale. I liked the smell and was deciding between this and raspberry.
After I opened it and tried it on, I realized it tasted weird (bitter, sweet, bubblegummy??), and is not as moisturizing as I would have liked it to be.
Starting to regret I haven't looked at the satsuma shimmer. Or is that just as bad too??
EDIT: I'm adding another lippie because I've been using it and I find the taste is not so annoying the longer you wear it. (maybe I'm getting used to it? :P) It doesn't leave my lips drier as some people have mentioned. I'll use this up but won't repurchase...

Top Rated Lip Treatments