OPI DS Extravagance

4.9

on 8/30/2017 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

DS Extravagance is a gorgeous shade of magenta full of silver holographic shimmer particles which really pop in bright sunlight and artificial lighting. It has a great formula and is almost a one coat wonder, I had to use two coats as I had some patchiness, but if my first coat had been slightly thicker it would have been fine on it's own. It dried to a shiny finish, but I would highly recommend using a top coat with this polish to emphasise the shimmer. The colour has such a great depth to it, I can truly see why it is so highly rated on this site. It is a really classy and expensive looking shade and I believe it would be suitable for all environments and would suit all skin tones. However, it did wear for slightly less time on my than my other non-DS OPIs, only lasting well for 3 days before chipping - I suspect this is due to the polish being a different formula from my other OPIs. For this reason I deduct a lippy, especially considering that generally these are more expensive than other OPIs. However, I would still happily wear this shade, and recommend it to others. DS Extravagance is incredibly beautiful and I would recommend it to anyone who loves shimmery and holographic shades.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Extravagance is from the 2008 Designer Series line - I bought my bottle a few months ago cheaply from a bricks & mortar store [TK Maxx], so you should still be able to find it today without too much trouble or expense (eBay or Amazon both carry some). This shade is a stunning magenta shade (not quite a traditional spring/summer-pink-shade, but not quite a autumn/winter-purple-vampie), that is packed with scattered holo shimmer..

This polish has a winning formula; it's not too thick and gloopy, but is not thin and streaky either. It isn't far from being a ocw; there'll be one or two thin spots with just the one coat on me, so I do find that I need that second coat to level everything out, but someone who is better than me at painting their nails will probably only need the one coat. Use of a topcoat doesn't effect the look or wear of this polish in any way, so it's simply down to wearer's choice.

Here's my usual statement for nail polish reviews; polishes in general will last me anywhere between two to four days with only minimal wear. But as I'm a self powered wheelchair user I'm tough on my hands and am always catching my nails, so I can't really speak for how long lasting the formula is overall.

I don't have anything similar to this shade, but for a blue version of this from OPI's cheaper-and-easier-to-get regular line, try Blue Chips (AKA Flowers Are Blue-Ming) or Give Me Space.

on 1/10/2015 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Absolutely stunning. The swatches above say it all. If you're a fan of purple you will love it. It's deep and rich and alive and gorgeous. The DS formula is amazing all around. One of my favourite polishes, and I get tons of compliments on it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

DS Extravagance has a purple-berry semi-translucent base and well-suspended fine fuschia and prismatic (holo) glitter. This polish has gorgeous depth and the glitter is in perfect balance to the base. Great formula, as well. Despite all the glitter, it dries smoothly and is easy to remove (no glitter hassles!).

I picked this up for the price of a regular OPI bottle (i.e., I didn't pay the higher "DS" pricetag), and I'm very pleased with the purchase, which was, admittedly, an impulse buy. I have a number of polishes that are the same kind of purple-berry colour, but none with this kind of glitter. Gorgeous polish.

on 5/19/2014 5:10:00 PM

This color is one that I have never regretted purchasing and I will always have in my collection. Anytime I wear it, I am complimented on it and asked the name! When people are looking for a nail color on my rack of approximentely 75 OPI polishes, 9 times out of 10 they drift towards DS Extravagance. Not only is it gorgeous in the bottle, but it is absolutely stunning on your nails!! It has a perfect 1-2 coat formula that when topped with a top coat, glistens and shines like nothing you will have ever seen before! It's such a classy color too! Perfect for both fingers and toes, and can be worn year round! It has OPI's ProWide Brush, which I happen to love, and the classic OPI bottle, but with a silver lid because it is a Designer Series Shade. For about $12.50, depending where you purchase, this is definitely a polish I wouldn't pass up on!

on 11/15/2015 4:07:00 AM

I have bought this for an incredible $3.13 at Ulta. I am so glad I bought it, as it's a stunning polish. DS Extravagance is a berry holographic polish. It's easy to apply and to remove. I love it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love most of the DS shades, and my collection of OPI polish grows... It's not stopping... ;)
Anyways, moving onto the actual polish review. Love love love this shade! It's winter right now, and it's a perfect night out colour, like an amplified version of "Congeniality is my middle name". Like all DS colours, it gives off the most brilliant shimmer in the sunlight, and looks lovely and mauve/maroon indoors. One coat is often enough, and two coats is almost an overkill. Lasting power is decent as long as you use a decent top coat. Did I mention, I love this colour? The only downside to this is that it seems to stain my nails if I don't apply thick enough base coat, so please be careful to put on a decent amount of base to prevent this.

on 11/23/2012 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just added this polish to my growing collection. It's perfect for fall and winter. It's a cozy purple wine color with amazing multidimensional shine...loving it

on 12/31/2012 10:16:00 AM

Just loving the color. I saw it in some pictures and just knew I had to have it. Not regretting it.

on 4/10/2014 8:05:00 AM

Oh my god this color is just AMAZING I can't say enough about it, if you love kind of dark colors.. Shiny.. Glittery.. Mysterious... This is the one for u

Popular Polishes