OPI DS Extravagance

OPI DS Extravagance

4.9

on 11/15/2015 4:07:00 AM

I have bought this for an incredible $3.13 at Ulta. I am so glad I bought it, as it's a stunning polish. DS Extravagance is a berry holographic polish. It's easy to apply and to remove. I love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

DS Extravagance has a purple-berry semi-translucent base and well-suspended fine fuschia and prismatic (holo) glitter. This polish has gorgeous depth and the glitter is in perfect balance to the base. Great formula, as well. Despite all the glitter, it dries smoothly and is easy to remove (no glitter hassles!).

I picked this up for the price of a regular OPI bottle (i.e., I didn't pay the higher "DS" pricetag), and I'm very pleased with the purchase, which was, admittedly, an impulse buy. I have a number of polishes that are the same kind of purple-berry colour, but none with this kind of glitter. Gorgeous polish.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/10/2015 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Absolutely stunning. The swatches above say it all. If you're a fan of purple you will love it. It's deep and rich and alive and gorgeous. The DS formula is amazing all around. One of my favourite polishes, and I get tons of compliments on it.

on 5/19/2014 5:10:00 PM

This color is one that I have never regretted purchasing and I will always have in my collection. Anytime I wear it, I am complimented on it and asked the name! When people are looking for a nail color on my rack of approximentely 75 OPI polishes, 9 times out of 10 they drift towards DS Extravagance. Not only is it gorgeous in the bottle, but it is absolutely stunning on your nails!! It has a perfect 1-2 coat formula that when topped with a top coat, glistens and shines like nothing you will have ever seen before! It's such a classy color too! Perfect for both fingers and toes, and can be worn year round! It has OPI's ProWide Brush, which I happen to love, and the classic OPI bottle, but with a silver lid because it is a Designer Series Shade. For about $12.50, depending where you purchase, this is definitely a polish I wouldn't pass up on!

on 4/10/2014 8:05:00 AM

Oh my god this color is just AMAZING I can't say enough about it, if you love kind of dark colors.. Shiny.. Glittery.. Mysterious... This is the one for u

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love most of the DS shades, and my collection of OPI polish grows... It's not stopping... ;)
Anyways, moving onto the actual polish review. Love love love this shade! It's winter right now, and it's a perfect night out colour, like an amplified version of "Congeniality is my middle name". Like all DS colours, it gives off the most brilliant shimmer in the sunlight, and looks lovely and mauve/maroon indoors. One coat is often enough, and two coats is almost an overkill. Lasting power is decent as long as you use a decent top coat. Did I mention, I love this colour? The only downside to this is that it seems to stain my nails if I don't apply thick enough base coat, so please be careful to put on a decent amount of base to prevent this.

on 12/31/2012 10:16:00 AM

Just loving the color. I saw it in some pictures and just knew I had to have it. Not regretting it.

on 11/23/2012 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just added this polish to my growing collection. It's perfect for fall and winter. It's a cozy purple wine color with amazing multidimensional shine...loving it

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I'm a under eighteener, but I've never been been much for sparkles. However, I love this polish. I't classy, grownup, and just beautiful. Very much reccomended.
My only complaint is that the beautiful bottle's sparkle finish came off :(

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I do like this, but it is way too similar "Exclusive" which is from the Designer Series as well. Exclusive has way more oomph to it and makes this one look dull in comparison. This is still a nice nail polish though.

Popular Polishes