Cargo Hands of Hope Eyeshadow Palette

No Image

4.9

on 10/8/2010 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I got this when Cargo was pulling out of Sephora and the reduced everything by 50%, so would I buy it again? HECK YEAH!!! (But I would even at full price, it's a great deal, because of the color choices and generous pans.)

This has 9 generously sized, and practically chosen color-wise shadows. There are plenty of neutrals with some very wearable more colorful options. This could easily be someone's go to palette without anything else needed.

The packaging seems a little flimsy, but I've had mine for over 10 months and have had any problems, so it's sturdier than it appears.

Overall a wonderful way to get a good range of Cargo's phenomenal shadows (I forgot to mention their creamy smooth pigmentation).

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Sexiest palette evah! Big generous shadows. Beautiful, beautiful colors. All nicely pigmented. There's not one color I don't like. They're all gorgeous.

on 2/15/2010 5:13:00 PM

I absolutely love this palette! It has nice combo of colors. It's a bit shimmery, but its so pretty on your eyes. And the packaging is a lot nicer than any of Cargo's regular shadows. Too bad it's limited edition. Pretty hard to find

on 1/26/2010 8:50:00 AM

A very lovely MUAer sent me this palette from the US as it wasn't going to be available in the UK and let me tell you, it was worth it! Nine humungous eyeshadows in the most amazing colours for creating all sorts of looks. The cool taupe is worth the price of admission alone! All colours are very pigmented and make great liners as well as shadows.

I actually love the packaging, of course you're not going to be able to travel with it easily but I kind of like having some palettes etc that are just for setting out at home, pride of place in my stash! I've since added the Runway Palette and already have the huge shadow book so Cargo is fast becoming the biggest brand in my stash = )

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I ordered this after seeing someone else mention getting it and what a good deal it was. I ordered it at 20% off with my VIB discount when it was reg price ($29). I kind of felt like, ok, here goes another stupid impulse buy but boy was I wrong. These shadows are amazingly pigmented and colorful, dont know what I was using before but these really "overshadow" those ones! lol. The texture is nice and smooth, not at all chalky, and it blends nicely. Also there seems to be a lot of shadow in these pans so it should last awhile, and the pretty packaging and embossing make me feel like I'm using something special.

on 1/13/2010 4:04:00 PM

Got this as a Christmas gift and am so impressed with it.
Full size, generous amounts of blendable eyeshadow in a great range of colours.
Not glittery, they have a bit of sheen and so are suitable for daytime as well as night.
Best of all, the coppery brown shadow looks AMAZING with my green eyes- who knew?
Cant wait to try out all the colours
Update:
A very cool new look I am getting from ths palette is to 1st line with black eye liner, then choose any of these shadows and go over the liner for a subtle new colour and look.

on 1/3/2010 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The size of the shadow pans is HUGE. They are great, nice rich pigmented colours with great lasting power when combined w/ a base. Work well for me, the shades are my "go-to" colours now. Downside is the palette layout--the book magnetic closure can be a bit messy. I do worry about the shadows cracking, but it does seem to be well padded, and if you drop any palette there is the risk the shadows will crack.
I debated between this and the Lorac Peacock Palette, glad I went with this one.

Wow! I am totally blown away by this palette!

They are full size shadows, so it's fantastic value for your money.

My only complaint would be that the book/palette it comes in is rather huge and doesn't seal closed. That makes it a little hard to take with you on a trip etc, but is great for home use.

The colours are stunning. I can see myself using all of these on a regular basis (perhaps except the vibrant purple and light tealish-blue).

The shadows go on nice and smooth and are weightless.
They have a nice shine/sheen to them without being loaded with glitter. Easily blendable.
They are well pigmented, but go on lighter than my Urban Decay BOS2 palette. I like that you can build to a darker finish, rather than it being full-on.
I especially enjoy the taupe (top row, 3rd shadow from left).

A great purchase.

I hope to buy more Cargo!

OMG, the picture on Sephora does not do this palette justice! I have to say it was love at first sight. I have never tried Cargo eyeshadows before and at $29 on Sephora, it's definitely a steal! The palette is huuuge and the pans are packed with a lot of product. The colors are so vivid and pigmented. I find they are very versatile and great for fun looks. The packaging seems a little excessive. Don't get me wrong, it's adorable. It is just so big! Don't think I'd be carrying this around.

I highly recommend this palette!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the best cosmetic purchase I have made all year. I was astonished by how large this palette is. The book itself is about 8'' x8''. All of the shadows are full size. The quality of the shadows is exceptional. They are smooth, shimmery (but no chunks of glitter) and very pigmented. I particularly enjoy gunmetal- it's the best grey I've ever used. There is a small mount of fall out with a couple of the colors (gold, purple), but it's minimal. Definitely worth their price tag.