TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 9/15/2016 6:08:00 PM

The best highlighter I have used. It looks beautiful and gives a nice glow to my skin.

on 9/12/2016 12:05:00 PM

Perfect golden highlighter, so buttery and smooth. Most highlighters don't even show up on my pale nc15 skin but this one looks glowy and gorgeous. Best highlighter I've tried and love the Betty Lou bronzer just as much! Perfect highlighter!

To Read all 500 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE THIS! I'm NC30 and it's the perfect shade for me. It's not White or Orange or Pink. It's Gold. Once my friend told me she saw me and the first thing she notices was my cheekbones! lmao Anyway , you're better to be careful because the highlighter can make your pores look larger if you use it wrong. The packaging is quite strong. :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this highlighter! I have nc15-20 skin. I also own one anastasia glow kit, and while I like that as well, this is my go to- everyday highlighter. I honestly cannot understand the bad reviews.

It goes on the skin beautifully, finely milled, and smooth. Not chunky, no glitter. I use a small real techniques brush and if I want it a bit more intense ill use a damp beauty sponge also.

The color is like a white gold. I'd put it in between Becca's pearl, and opal. but half the price! I only wish sephora or Ulta would sell it. But its fine, I run over to kohls to pick it up. Its worth the extra trip.

I have had this product for well over a year and i've hit pan, but the amount you get is very generous and I bet i have the product for another 2 years. And i use this almost every single day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

If you have truly porcelain skin, this highlighter will be too dark. I'm NARS (Sheer Glow) Siberia. I bought it during my short highlighter phase (I don't use them anymore), because everyone raved about it... And it turned out to be too dark, more like a shimmery bronzer. I gave it to a friend, and she liked it. The packaging is lovely, you get a lot of product. But it's obvious that you're wearing a highlighter- it won't give you "natural glow" effect.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Such a disappointing product. Very waxy, yellowish tone that looks more like a bronzer on light skin. Not good for fair skin. Very glittery. Weird plastic sheen.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This highlighter isn't actually much lighter than my skintone, so it goes on very subtle and natural-looking. This is an excellent daytime highlighter that adds a slight glow but doesn't have a super pale or metallic shimmer.
The color is a golden champagne. I have other highlighters that are lighter and more pigmented than this, so this is the one I'd go for if I was endeavoring an "I'm not wearing a ton of makeup" look.
As others have mentioned, this powder is finely milled so it goes on very smoothly and doesn't emphasize pores or skin issues. However, I wouldn't advise carrying it around during the day because it could break easily.
The packaging is very cute; it's nice to look at something that isn't a boring clear or matte black casing. The price could be lower, but for what you're getting it could also be higher, so no complaints here. For a subtle daytime highlighter this is my top pick.

on 8/20/2016 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am olivey/tanned in skin tone and this beautiful white gold colour suits me perfectly. other highlighters I've tried have been too white on me and this is such a good match for me. it stays all day. it's sparkly and gorgeous, I feel so confident and radiant whilst wearing this. i found this to be super affordable, the plastic packaging feels a bit cheap but I can look past it because the product is so good.

on 8/19/2016 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Simply not worth it, too chunky and glittery. I thought it was going to be a beautiful glow, but you can actually see the product on the skin, like the actual chunks of glitter. Beautiful color though.

on 8/18/2016 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Best highlighter ever, in my humble opinion.

I am a complete highlighter freak (who isn't....) and have way more highlighters than I will ever be able to realistically use. I have them all from high (Chanel, Dior, Laura Mercier), Medium (urban decay, MAC) and low (wet n wild) prices. Instead of behaving like a sane person and using up what I have, I just keep going back to Mary Lou-Manizer. Because I love it sooooo much! It's that perfect white-gold highlight that is so flattering to anyone. It's pigmented, soft, sparkly, and very blendable.

And the PRICE!! I've paid for a drugstore highlighter more expensive than Mary Lou. If you really can't justify $19, Every now and then you can catch it on sale at Hautelook or some other online retailers for roughly $9. One word of caution though: the formula is VERY fine and soft...I mean, that's a good thing for your skin. But bad for shipping. I've had 2 come in broken apart and dusty and almost useless and just wah :'( it's never fun opening up a package and finding that. While you may be able to get a discount online sometimes, it's not always worth the risk to have this delicate baby get shattered. Other than that, that's the only word of advice I can possible come up with for this holy grail!