TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 12/8/2017 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love love love!!!! This gorgeous rose/champagne highlighter is not full of glitter, instead it’s a fine shimmer that would work on any skin tone. The powder is highly pigmented and it applies like a dream. All I need is one swipe with my RT setting brush for a serious glow up. The packaging is super cute and it’s slim, which is great for travel. Loving TheBalm as of late!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I don’t like it.It looks super glittery,like chunks of actual glitter on my cheekbones.It doesn’t blend nicely or suit my olive skin tone.It looks like an eyeshadow fall out.I really wanted to love this and had high hopes for it,but it obviously doesn’t work for everyone.It just looks so unnatural and like I used a cheap eyeshadow to highlight.

on 11/14/2017 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you want a highlighter that shows with just one swipe, this is it. Highly pigmented, a lovely champagne shade, no chunky glitter. It is the only one left in my makeup stash. The only one I replace. I also like to lightly dust it on my color bone and shoulders sometimes. It is buildable to a blinding highlight if that’s what you want. I also love how it highlights without emphasizing texture and looks very smooth with a subtle natural glow. If I get a bit too much I use use a sponge and take some off. I also think that the packaging is cute.

BEWARE of the ones being sold at Walmart for around 13.00 and change. Walmart uses 3rd party sellers and they do not back the product and I have read where some say it is not the real thing, a fake. I order mine from thebalm website where I know its fresh and authentic.

on 11/8/2017 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Natural highlight color. A champagne pale goldy neutral tone which is not too over the top gold on my pale skin. Its not too silver or pink its the perfect shade. Im around nc20 or nw20 in mac. Most likely the second or third to the lightest shade in most foundations for reference. I wont repurchase because i doubt id hit pan ever. Lol its a lot of product and i dont wear highlight everyday.

on 11/1/2017 9:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I would recommend this highlight for anyone with texture because it's SUPER smooth and accentuates NOTHING. makes your skin look flawless and like the light's hitting you JUST right. It's very wet and metallic looking but so smooth and glossy that it still appears somewhat natural.

If you're anywhere from fair to tan in skin tone (with warm undertones) this will look very natural on you (I'm a medium or medium/tan sometimes), but my friend with a deep skin tone loves it too. You can easily get away with this if you have a deep skin tone if you build it up subtly at first and take care to blend. Or, if you're like my friend and like a very stark highlight, pack it on. It's the kind of highlight that is purely reflective, as in invisible when viewed straight on yet very noticeable only when the light hits it, that's why it can work for a variety of skin tones.

I will say though that I've noticed it makes me look oily throughout the day faster than other highlighters I own, maybe because it's such a creamy powder. That's the only down side I've noticed.

on 11/11/2017 8:56:00 AM

This is by far one of my favourite highlighters. Full stop. The pigmentation is divine, and the colour is a light gold-which is completely universal (some people say it doesn't look good on people with fair skin but I would disagree). The product itself is so buttery and sits on the skin so nicely- and can build it up from a subtle healthy glow to a disco ball on your face. It even comes with a handy mirror. My ONLY two downsides with this product are
-the price has gone up (cry) from £15/or so to now £20 which is generally dissappointing
-the packaging - because you have to put your fingers under this clicker thingy to open the product up - this motion has been damaging the powder which is now beginning to break up and crack!! This hasn't just happened to me but also my sister and friends too (I would consider myself quite gentle when I open it as well). Because of this I don't take it out with me in a makeup bag anymore.
Otherwise I absolutely love this product.

on 10/17/2017 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a great highlighter for light-medium skintones. I love the fact that it isn't glittery and has a lovely champagne sheen when applied to the face. I'd recommend using a setting spray over it to make it really pop, or to damp your brush before applying it with a setting spray as it really enhances the glow. It suits my NC30 skin really well and I have no qualms with it at all- it comes in a large pan too, so you wouldn't run out of it in a hurry. The only reason I would not repurchase is that for the price point (£20), I could purchase other high-end highlighters I really want to try instead. However, on the whole, I really do like Mary Lou and use it regularly,

on 10/30/2017 9:33:00 AM

I received this as a sample from ipsy, and it's the only highlight i use now. The soft champagne color looks amazing on light skin. Its very buildable and I love that it isnt too harsh or glittery. I will be buying a full size soon.

Amazing highlighter for light skin tones.

on 10/27/2017 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm very pale but it works on my skin tone. I was afraid it will be too dark for me but it's perfect! It's not a blinding highlight but it's not that natural either (although, with a light hand you could get that finish). A bit pricy but I think for a highlighter it's not too much because you don't use a lot of it on a daily basis. Good packaging with a mirror, which is always a plus.