TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 1/9/2017 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For me, my skin is so white that this barely shows up on me, but other than that I think it's a nice golden white highlighter. I love the packaging, and the balm has a creative way of marketing their products.

An absolute star of highlighters. It's perfect for those who love a noticeable highlight; I absolutely love this and will never stop using it. It lasts forever and it stays on your face forever. Might be a bit much daily for those who prefer a very subtle highlight.

Glowy, luminous, and definitely a lot of product for the price. I love the shade of this highlighter, it gives that kapow-glow that I like. It is not overly warm nor cool, it's something in between. I would say it would fit most complexions!

on 12/20/2016 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I have this in a sample size and I love using this as a highlight on my browbone and on the cheeks (mostly for a night out since this gives a really "bold" glow. Great. I will imagine that the normal size will take forever to use up!

I don't know if it's just me but whenever I apply it, it makes my foundation cake especially on my cheekbones area. I tried applying it with a fan brush, my fingers and other stuffs but it messes like crazy

on 12/7/2016 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this off of hautelook for a discounted price (idk like 11ish dollars) at least 3 years ago. it looks great on my tan skin (mac nc40). you can build it up or keep it more natural looking. I love this so much. it's one of my favorite highlighters I own as well as one of the first ones I've purchased, don't really have anything negative to say. if you own benefit watts up this looks BEAUTIFUL layered on top of that.

on 12/7/2016 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

What a super highlighter. A little goes a long way and it stays on your skin all day. It makes an amazing inner corner highlighter on the eyes too.

For the price it is awesome!a nice pale gold glow! I always use a liquid high lighter as a base then add this powder and it lasts all day and super pigmented! I have 2 I love it that much,the packaging could be a little bit better but I still will buy more if I ever run out

on 12/4/2016 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a highlighter addict! I am powerless to resist that fake glow. So of course I had to try Mary-Lou Manizer, and I can happily say I have no regrets. Packaging is cute, but a bit kitschy for my taste, I prefer something sleeker and more elegant. However the compact is nice and functional. Price a bit high for what is, in all honesty, a shimmery powder. The color pay off is strong and extremely striking. If you're looking for a subtle highlight, very easy to accidentally go overboard with this one. The color is a light champagne-ish yellow gold, and the feel is beautiful and very buttery. Every now and then I catch a visible sparkle in this highlight. On me the color isn't particularly natural looking, but it is very pretty. So as a traditional highlight I prefer this for evening. However, I wear it almost everyday as eyeshadow! It makes my eyes look alive but you can barely tell it's there. So a good product that I get lots of use out of, but if you're a "natural" makeup person, I would go with the cream version of Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. (That's my ride or die, I will never be without highlight.) Because Mary-Lou Manizer is a powder, I think it can accentuate pores if you just slap it on. Not much margin for error. Gotta say though, if you wanna treat yourself for not TOO much money, this product probably won't disappoint.

It's a gorgeous shade, medium level of "shiness" but along the day no matter how much you've applied, it exaggerates your skin texture.