TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 7/23/2016 10:39:00 PM

I tried Mary Lou and Cindy Lou. This is more white based whilst Cindy is more of a nude pink shimmer

Pros
the magnetic cardboard packaging is great for travels. Its not gonna break
very pigmented almost like Stila`s kitten. A little goes a long way..
lasts all day
good dupe for high end highlighters
reasonably priced

Cons
no brush
the retro cardboard packaging looks old, dated...like sthg from the 60`s era(like i kept my mom's makeup). But I guess the paper packaging keeps the price down

Overall, I would recommend

on 7/12/2016 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Not the right color for you if you have dark skin. but otherwise, it's a great product.

To Read all 483 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/2/2016 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my second time that I buy it 😍

on 6/29/2016 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Ladies!!! This is a MUST HAVE. I am crazy about this highlighter. It is absolutely worth the hype. The pigmentation is so rich, the shine it gives is just out of this world . The formula is amazing, and somehow it blends in so easily yet appears so vibrant! And AT THE SAME TIME it gives a natural finish. I mean sure, its a bit pricey, but a quality this great deserves this price. I remember that I was invited to a party once and I put this highlighter on. And girl..I was leterally GLOWING! The balm's face products are really good and unique in my opinion. AND let's not forget how adorable the packaging is you guys!!!!!

on 6/28/2016 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Best highlighter ever. I have this and a trio of all the lou manizer sisters. I try other products and always choose this one.

on 6/16/2016 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

So much love for this product!

I've loved liquid/cream highlighters because I find them easier to blend into the skin and making it look as real as possible, not chunky sparkly glitters. After hearing so much about this product on how good it is, I gave it a try and I'm glad I did.

This is a pressed powder form but it works and blends to the skin instantly. I even just tap my fingers into it and tap it to the skin particularly on top of the cheekbones and blend. It gives just enough glow that's noticeable but subtle enough as if you're glowing from within.

This highlighter is highly recommended!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I've had this for quite awhile now but never really looked much into it or was that impressed with it because I wasn't really that into highlighting back then. I find that highlights, while it is nice, can have the tendency to emphasize my pores and makes my already oily skin looks shiny. So, I sort of had a love-hate relationship with highlighters and after awhile, I just gave up on highlighters altogether.

But, recently, I'm starting to fall back in love with highlighting and I decided to pick this up again. This time round, I used a different brush, a much smaller and fluffy brush, to use with and oh my god, I was blown away by the results this time round. I FREAKING LOVE IT. With this brush, I find that instead of the highlight simply packed on top of my cheekbones, this time round, it actually sort of blended nicely into my skin and gave me a very nice glowy sheen. Which is what I love. I like a subtle glow to my cheeks and this gave me just that.

Perhaps, the first few times when I used it, I did not applied it correctly or used a suitable brush, but boy oh boy, I am so glad that I've found a way to make it work and I love it!

I'm so game to try on a bunch of other highlighters now thanks to this! :D

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love it, the product is amazing but it is quit pricy which maked it hard for me ( a student ) to repurchase it. Over all I love it, it gives the prettiest glow and is simply to apply with for example a zoeva 134 luxe powder fusion brush or any other tapered brush.

What I don´t like alot is the packaging...it´s hard to open. this caused my fingernails to splint.

Very pretty but it does have a little bit too much sparkle for me. I prefer champagne pop or even better, precious petals by wet n wild because I'm not enjoying the fact that this doesn't apply smoothly or evenly like the 2 mentioned previously.
CAN BE EASILY DEPOTTED. INSERT A NEEDLE INTO THE HOLE IN THE BACK OF THE COMPACT AND IT WILL POP OUT.
EDIT I returned it, it's not smooth and it doesn't apply evenly and I can't get over that. My $2.00 wet n wild precious petals is so much better.

on 5/29/2016 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I ordered this online after reading all the raving reviews. Everyone seems to love this product.
Like everyone else, I'm all about glow and dewy skin atm, so I thought this would be perfect for me.

But I didn't love it. It didn't really show up on me that well. I checked in different lightings but it was kinda just somewhat there. The tone also didn't go well with my skin every though a lot of people said this was great for lighter skin in the NC range.

I returned this after a few days. It wasn't a bad highlighter but I could get the same effect from a cheaper DS eyeshadow.