TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

This caught my eye when I was walking down the makeup isle at Kohl's. I'm not familiar with TheBalm, but I swatched the tester for this product on my hand and was surprisingly impressed! I was excited when I received a sample size in my monthly Ipsy bag. The shade is a creamy champagne that looks beautiful on my pale skin. The shimmer is there, but very fine so that it doesn't look cheap. I wouldn't call this a blinding highlight, it has a natural appearance that is still noticeable and makes your cheeks look "lit from within". This is one of the better powder highlights that I've tried. I can see this working for women of all ages and skin types! This lasted all day for me when I applied on top of my foundation and blush. I also have sensitive skin and this product didn't cause any issues for me.

on 2/5/2018 12:37:00 PM

I use this highlighter daily! For me, it provide a really nice glow that doesn't make me look like I threw glitter on my face. It lasts all day long and I get so many compliments on it. My only complaint is that the compact itself can be a little difficult to open, but otherwise this product is a must have.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This highlighter looks muddy on my skin. Good under direct sunlight, but ashy at all other times.
I'm also not a big fan of powdery texture with random glitter pieces. I want my highlight to look natural and this one doesn't fit the bill.

I like this product however it doesn’t have the blinding aspect I wanted. It is buildable to an extent and does last for a while. However i do feel I have a lot better and cheaper highlights. I feel the price is too higher really and for that reason I wouldn’t burnt again. However if you do like a natural glow this may be something to consider but I would recommend saving some money on a cheaper product which could do the same e.g. essence highlight

on 1/9/2018 12:24:00 AM

This is my dream highlighter. Glowy, vibrant, luxurious - the whole nine yards.

The color is what I would describe as a creamy white gold. It's not a harsh or unnerving color, but it is eye-catching. It's shimmery, but not glittery. I've yet to come across any glitter or chunks in this product. It is soft to the touch, and very finely milled.

I usually use my beloved Real Techniques Setting Brush with Mary Lou, but you can also use a fan brush or any other highlighter brush. In my experience, the product picks up nicely on any brush, and doesn't get powder kick up like other highlighters. It applies very well. You can easily use a fan brush to dust a small amount on, or really go wild and pack it on with a smaller brush (which is what I tend to do). Either way, it achieves its goal of glowing. Aside from the cheekbones, I also like to use it as a more intense inner corner highlight.

One of my favorite qualities of this highlighter, however, is its EXCELLENT longevity. It beats all my other highlighters (and most all of my face products, period!) for wear time. I apply it everyday at six AM, and, lo and behold, it's perfectly intact when I wash my face at eight PM! While sure, most of my makeup is still *there*, Mary Lou looks freshly applied. Mind you, this is without a single touch-up.

I would HIGHLY recommend Mary Lou Manizer! It has a pretty color, glorious glow, and fantastic wear time. Plus, although $24 isn't cheap, there is a fair amount of product in the pan - 0.3 oz.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I find this product incredibly versatile. It's a lovely neutral champagne powder with a superfine fine, dense shimmer. It works well layered over a beige eyeshadow for some interest, or in the inner corners of my eyes as a highlight, or applied with a finger to the center of my eyelid for a different effect, or the center of the lips after applying lip product for a pretty look... I have yet to run out of ways to use this product. Oddly enough, the one way I have never used it is as a traditional highlighter. I have too much fun playing with it. One compact will last you a long time, making it a great value.

on 12/8/2017 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love love love!!!! This gorgeous rose/champagne highlighter is not full of glitter, instead it’s a fine shimmer that would work on any skin tone. The powder is highly pigmented and it applies like a dream. All I need is one swipe with my RT setting brush for a serious glow up. The packaging is super cute and it’s slim, which is great for travel. Loving TheBalm as of late!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I don’t like it.It looks super glittery,like chunks of actual glitter on my cheekbones.It doesn’t blend nicely or suit my olive skin tone.It looks like an eyeshadow fall out.I really wanted to love this and had high hopes for it,but it obviously doesn’t work for everyone.It just looks so unnatural and like I used a cheap eyeshadow to highlight.

on 11/14/2017 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$24.00 for 3 oz.at thebalm website

Description from the website:
Meet Mary-Lou Manizer, a seemingly innocent honey-hued luminizer that catches everybody’s eye. This highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle

If you want a highlighter that shows with just one swipe, this is it. Highly pigmented, a lovely champagne shade, no chunky glitter. I also like to lightly dust it on my color bone and shoulders sometimes. You can build to a blinding highlight if that’s what you want. I also love how it highlights without emphasizing texture and looks very smooth with a subtle natural glow. If I get a bit too much I use use a sponge and dab some off. It also looks nice on the brow bone. inner corner of eyes, or added to eye shadows. If I want a little shimmer on some of my mattes, I add some Mary Lou sometimes.

I also think that the packaging is cute, the compact is sturdy, has a mirror and you get a lot of product.

BEWARE of the ones being sold at Walmart for around 13.00 and change. Walmart uses 3rd party sellers and they do not back the product. I have read where some say it is not the real thing and is a cheap counterfeit item from China. I order mine from thebalm website where I know its fresh and authentic.

Ingredients:
MICA, ISOEICOSANE, POLYETHYLENE, BORON NITRIDE, POLYISOBUTENE, PTFE, SILICA, SYNTHETIC WAX, DIMETHICONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDE (CI 77491).

on 11/11/2017 8:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is by far one of my favourite highlighters. Full stop. The pigmentation is divine, and the colour is a light gold-which is completely universal (some people say it doesn't look good on people with fair skin but I would disagree). The product itself is so buttery and sits on the skin so nicely- and can build it up from a subtle healthy glow to a disco ball on your face. It even comes with a handy mirror. My ONLY two downsides with this product are
-the price has gone up (cry) from £15/or so to now £20 which is generally dissappointing
-the packaging - because you have to put your fingers under this clicker thingy to open the product up - this motion has been damaging the powder which is now beginning to break up and crack!! This hasn't just happened to me but also my sister and friends too (I would consider myself quite gentle when I open it as well). Because of this I don't take it out with me in a makeup bag anymore.
Otherwise I absolutely love this product.