TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 4/17/2018 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my first highlighter. I still love it. The shade is a true champagne. The formula is beautiful, creamy, without any glitter particles and does not emphasize texture. It can be built up to be very blinding. I would definitely recommend this.

on 4/3/2018 1:44:00 PM

Would not recommend this for dry skin or people without flawless skin as this sinks into pores and accentuates imperfections on face.

PROS:
Talc-free
Paraben-free
Good color playoff
Looks fantastic on darker/warmer gals with good skin texture
Seems to be "universally flattering" for all skintones... except for the very cool skintones

CONS:
Contains TEFLON (yeah... THAT SUPER HAZARDOUS TEFLON)
Applies chalky when my skin isn't perfect-- may not work so well on drier skins
Maybe a bit too warm for super cool-tone gals

This is a beautiful products, but not a HG for me though I really wanted it to be-- it certainly seems to be a cult favorite and looks AMAZING on my warmer toned friend with normal skin. Just wish this didn't contain TEFLON (it's in their blushes and eye shadows too). Would not purchase again and too bad because theBalm is one of my TOP beauty brands.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Mary-Lou Manizer could be considered a cult product, this light gold champagne colored highlighter will almost look good on all skintones. On my NC30 skintone it gave a light golden sheen that did not look frosty, it will give you a subtle sheen if you use a light hand or a heavy highlight if you build it up. Packaging is retro cute, with mirror! The powder is very soft and can kick up a little dust but it will last you a long time!

on 3/23/2018 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail highlighter, its glowy, radiant, and beautiful. I like that it doesn't have an overbearing sparkle or glitter. Great packaging too.

on 3/16/2018 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

So this baby is a cult classic. It’s the default-always-looks-good highlighter/shimmer. It’s just a really lovely decently sized compact with a beautiful pearly pale gold formulated shimmer inside. The powder isn’t so finely milled that it’d give you that “wet” look, but, it does always give a very beautiful pigmented sheen that I personally adore. Is a safe bet, from a bomb company, and the packaging is cute AF. So glad I got it.

This caught my eye when I was walking down the makeup isle at Kohl's. I'm not familiar with TheBalm, but I swatched the tester for this product on my hand and was surprisingly impressed! I was excited when I received a sample size in my monthly Ipsy bag. The shade is a creamy champagne that looks beautiful on my pale skin. The shimmer is there, but very fine so that it doesn't look cheap. I wouldn't call this a blinding highlight, it has a natural appearance that is still noticeable and makes your cheeks look "lit from within". This is one of the better powder highlights that I've tried. I can see this working for women of all ages and skin types! This lasted all day for me when I applied on top of my foundation and blush. I also have sensitive skin and this product didn't cause any issues for me.

on 2/5/2018 12:37:00 PM

I use this highlighter daily! For me, it provide a really nice glow that doesn't make me look like I threw glitter on my face. It lasts all day long and I get so many compliments on it. My only complaint is that the compact itself can be a little difficult to open, but otherwise this product is a must have.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This highlighter looks muddy on my skin. Good under direct sunlight, but ashy at all other times.
I'm also not a big fan of powdery texture with random glitter pieces. I want my highlight to look natural and this one doesn't fit the bill.

I like this product however it doesn’t have the blinding aspect I wanted. It is buildable to an extent and does last for a while. However i do feel I have a lot better and cheaper highlights. I feel the price is too higher really and for that reason I wouldn’t burnt again. However if you do like a natural glow this may be something to consider but I would recommend saving some money on a cheaper product which could do the same e.g. essence highlight

on 1/9/2018 12:24:00 AM

This is my dream highlighter. Glowy, vibrant, luxurious - the whole nine yards.

The color is what I would describe as a creamy white gold. It's not a harsh or unnerving color, but it is eye-catching. It's shimmery, but not glittery. I've yet to come across any glitter or chunks in this product. It is soft to the touch, and very finely milled.

I usually use my beloved Real Techniques Setting Brush with Mary Lou, but you can also use a fan brush or any other highlighter brush. In my experience, the product picks up nicely on any brush, and doesn't get powder kick up like other highlighters. It applies very well. You can easily use a fan brush to dust a small amount on, or really go wild and pack it on with a smaller brush (which is what I tend to do). Either way, it achieves its goal of glowing. Aside from the cheekbones, I also like to use it as a more intense inner corner highlight.

One of my favorite qualities of this highlighter, however, is its EXCELLENT longevity. It beats all my other highlighters (and most all of my face products, period!) for wear time. I apply it everyday at six AM, and, lo and behold, it's perfectly intact when I wash my face at eight PM! While sure, most of my makeup is still *there*, Mary Lou looks freshly applied. Mind you, this is without a single touch-up.

I would HIGHLY recommend Mary Lou Manizer! It has a pretty color, glorious glow, and fantastic wear time. Plus, although $24 isn't cheap, there is a fair amount of product in the pan - 0.3 oz.