TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Bought this on sale on amazon, best place to buy this is on prime btw, and I really love it. One of the OG highlighters, this champagne shade is still holding it's own after all of these years. The texture is nice and creamy, it is more shimmery than sparkly or chalky, and the product will last forever.
Not too warm or cool, this works with any eye-look, and this shade in particular is great for light-medium skintones. I've heard the darker shades aren't as good, but I know that this one is amazing. The highlight would be good for beginners or pros, and if you buy it on sale from amazon like I did it can be quite a good deal!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Mary Loumanizer is pretty but it's definitely overrated. I think it was one of the first intense highlighters on the market so I know why it as a cult following. I loved it alot when I first bought it but now there's so many more and better options on the market.

Pros - it's a pretty champagne white highlighter, it's definitely one of the lighter highlighters I own. It's also not metallicly intense, so looks more natural than some others.

Cons - it's ridiculously soft packed and if you just accidentally knock or tap it, it will break. You definitely can't travel with it.
Also it's just a little too powdery looking for me, I prefer a highlighter that pops more and looks more smooth and glowy. Also, thebalm products are marked up super high and id never pay full price on this. Definirely buy it when it is 50% off, which happens around 4 times a year on the balm website.

Alternatives I prefer:
Essence pure nude highlighter (only $4 from ULTA, same looking but less likely to break and looks more natural, less powdery)
elf baked highlighter in blush gems (cheaper)
Opal or Champagne Pop by Becca (more expensive)

on 2/14/2017 8:15:00 PM

Love, love, love! This is perfect on my pale winter skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This highlighter is just ok for me. I don't find this highlighter to be that pigmented, and find that it gives you more of a natural glow vs. a "wam bam" highlight, which is what I typically prefer. This is way less pigmented than my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. I have very fair skin and find that this is a much more suitable champagney-highlight for fair skin instead of Champagne Pop (which is way too orange for me). If you want a natural, champagne highlight it might be for you, but otherwise I'd skip it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Was expecting a more binding glow because of the hype around this product. However when applied with fix plus it intensifies the glow and lasts hours. Love it for everyday. Cute packaging as well!

on 2/5/2017 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I think I bought into the hype of this highlighter, as I find that this highlighter does emphasize my pores, even though I try to apply it with soft focus. That said, it is a warm highlighter with yellow undertones that applies easily and can be builded up for a blinding highlight or gently applied. As other reviewers have said, I think this highlighter performs well in photos.

on 2/1/2017 5:03:00 AM

i dont understand why mary lou is so overrated because it is so glittery and the glitters are falling into my cheeks. IYou can create a blinding highlight with this its amazing for photos etc but I would not use this for a date i would prefer something more natural and also when you use this on your foundation it looks so cakey. If you are looking for something natural and invisible never buy this

on 1/29/2017 3:16:00 PM

This color of the highlighter is amazing, very pigmented and you get very good amount of product which will last a really long time. for this price is an impresive product and I've tried many others highlighters more expensive. I recommend this to you

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

AMAZING
-It stays on almost everyday
-Although it is very pigmented, is very natural
-cute packaging
-good value for money

on 1/23/2017 6:18:00 PM

I've actually hit pan on this and will definitely buy another. Of all the highlighters I've tried, powder, liquid, or balm types, this one works the best on my combo skin without accentuating pores. White golden color without glitter or shimmer, just glow. I use MAC's small skunk brush, swirl the flat ends into the surface, tap on areas to highlight, then take W. Goss's blending brush and buff it in, leaving just the right amount of glow. Lasts all day and actually looks even better as it mixes with facial oils. Really great stuff.