TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 10/17/2017 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a great highlighter for light-medium skintones. I love the fact that it isn't glittery and has a lovely champagne sheen when applied to the face. I'd recommend using a setting spray over it to make it really pop, or to damp your brush before applying it with a setting spray as it really enhances the glow. It suits my NC30 skin really well and I have no qualms with it at all- it comes in a large pan too, so you wouldn't run out of it in a hurry. The only reason I would not repurchase is that for the price point (£20), I could purchase other high-end highlighters I really want to try instead. However, on the whole, I really do like Mary Lou and use it regularly,

on 10/14/2017 9:46:00 PM

The balm is excluded at kohls. Very expensive. I just open the kols web page to find out thebalm is added to their extra large list of exclusions! very disappointed with the new list of exclusions to use the 30% off. Practically every good brand is now excluded from the additional discount. Perfumes, beauty, nike, converse, adidas, under armour, sport cothes, levis, columbia, cosmetics, and now even toys and more! and all those products excluded are really overpriced in comparison with other stores. So sad. Dont buy at kohls anymore. What is the point of waiting for the discount if almost everything is excluded!? i am seriously thinking in closing my credit card. kohs is going to the hole! Macys used to have the crown when talking about exclusions, but we have a new winner! kohls! It would be easier to publish the included list, is way shorter list!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is good, but not great. I can see how this would have been amazing before the highlighter craze, but with all the new highlighters coming out, this one is kind of left in the dust.
It's a pale champagne color, that you can build up from subtle to almost blinding. I actually prefer to put this on top of another highlight, to add more dimension and glow.
For the same price, I would look into Lorac highlighters. Or go with a Wet 'n Wild highlight. The Lorac emphasizes less texture and can be built up as more blinding, and Wet 'n Wild blows most highlights out of the water, especially for the price.
If you get Urban Decay's Sin highlighter as a free birthday gift, this one isn't necessary. They are some of the closest dupes I've come by.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hot damn, a highlighter for us pale warm gals. FINALLY. Thank thee heavens that the makeup mavens at The Balm thought of us. <3

on 9/9/2017 9:35:00 PM

So amazing! I love this highlighter it can be glam or natural but its always beautiful!!

on 9/25/2017 3:03:00 PM

Absolutely adorable product! It's a lovely subtle warm highlighter that gives that natural glow to your cheeks, rather than those forced and heavy glitter bombs you often see. I've used it for almost a year, but it turned pretty chalky by now (the packaging does say that the product lasts 12 months, but still, I expected it to last a bit longer) so I now mostly use it for the mirror. It's really a statement product now. On my cheeks it just breaks the foundation/powder I apply it on. I still love it though but I'm not sure if I would spend another 20 Euros on a highlighter.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great highlighter on days where I don't want to go gold, champagne, or pink. It's just silver. This is the only one in my collection that lasts all day and looks just as good as when I applied it. It's pigmented/reflective but not to the point where it wouldn't be work or day appropriate. It also can be built up for even more intensity on a night out.

on 7/9/2017 7:11:00 AM

I've had my Mary-Lou Manizer for YEARS and it's still the best highlighter I've ever owned (and I have a lot...). I had issues with the packaging, almost right away, where the pan popped out of the packaging :(, but I've babied it pretty well and it's still in one piece. Original price is a lot to me, but worth it! Luckily I found this on Hautelook for 17$.

This is one of my favorite highlighters. Unlike many, it is not shiny, but gives just the right amount of glow that looks natural. The packaging is really cute too and is something that I used for a DIY custom palette project when I finished the product. I can't think of a reason not to buy this. The other 2 lou-manizer highlighters are great too if you want to pink or bronze glow.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

PROS
- really pretty white gold shade that suits my pale skin but also looks nice on my darker skinned friends
- not chunky or glittery, it comes off quite smooth and doesn't leave a weird stripe on the face

CONS
- nothing really, its a great product I would definitely recommend it