TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 7/5/2018 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG face highlighter! The Mary-Lou is definitely for warm skin toned gals. If you are cool toned you will need to get the Cindy-Lou which is the sister highlighter. But back to this product, Mary-Lou...holy cannoli! Does it ever make a beautiful finish and my last step in my make-up. It is completely buildable and you can make it as subtle or as dramatic as you want and totally gives a beautiful affect to your face.

It would be helpful if you knew what the "triangle of light" is as you apply it to your face for the best result.

I have repurchased this as a back up.

on 4/17/2018 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my first highlighter. I still love it. The shade is a true champagne. The formula is beautiful, creamy, glossy, without any glitter particles and does not emphasize texture. It can be built up to be very blinding. I would definitely recommend this.

on 4/3/2018 1:44:00 PM

Would not recommend this for dry skin or people without flawless skin as this sinks into pores and accentuates imperfections on face. This also isn't for people who wish natural and subtle "from within" type of glow-- nor is this for insta blaaaaaang that can blind. This is their love child that applies highly pigmented and creamy and can built up to (almost0 insta blaaaaaaang.

PROS:
Talc-free
Paraben-free
Good color playoff
Looks fantastic on darker/warmer gals with good skin texture
Seems to be "universally flattering" for all skintones... except for the very cool skintones

CONS:
Contains TEFLON (yeah... THAT SUPER HAZARDOUS TEFLON)
Applies chalky when my skin isn't perfect-- may not work so well on drier skins
Maybe a bit too warm for super cool-tone gals

This is a beautiful product, but not a HG for me though I really wanted it to be-- it certainly seems to be a cult favorite and looks AMAZING on my warmer toned friend with normal skin. This is a highlighter for those who don't want subtle (like Becca liquid illuminators) but for people who want a bit of BLING on their face without going INSTA highlighter (though when built up and that is the look one wants, it certainly could be accomplished). Just wish this didn't contain TEFLON (it's in their blushes and eye shadows too). Would not purchase again and too bad because theBalm is one of my TOP beauty brands.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Mary-Lou Manizer could be considered a cult product, this light gold champagne colored highlighter will almost look good on all skintones. On my NC30 skintone it gave a light golden sheen that did not look frosty, it will give you a subtle sheen if you use a light hand or a heavy highlight if you build it up. Packaging is retro cute, with mirror! The powder is very soft and can kick up a little dust but it will last you a long time!

on 3/23/2018 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail highlighter, its glowy, radiant, and beautiful. I like that it doesn't have an overbearing sparkle or glitter. Great packaging too.

on 3/16/2018 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

So this baby is a cult classic. It’s the default-always-looks-good highlighter/shimmer. It’s just a really lovely decently sized compact with a beautiful pearly pale gold formulated shimmer inside. The powder isn’t so finely milled that it’d give you that “wet” look, but, it does always give a very beautiful pigmented sheen that I personally adore. Is a safe bet, from a bomb company, and the packaging is cute AF. So glad I got it.

This caught my eye when I was walking down the makeup isle at Kohl's. I'm not familiar with TheBalm, but I swatched the tester for this product on my hand and was surprisingly impressed! I was excited when I received a sample size in my monthly Ipsy bag. The shade is a creamy champagne that looks beautiful on my pale skin. The shimmer is there, but very fine so that it doesn't look cheap. I wouldn't call this a blinding highlight, it has a natural appearance that is still noticeable and makes your cheeks look "lit from within". This is one of the better powder highlights that I've tried. I can see this working for women of all ages and skin types! This lasted all day for me when I applied on top of my foundation and blush. I also have sensitive skin and this product didn't cause any issues for me.

on 2/5/2018 12:37:00 PM

I use this highlighter daily! For me, it provide a really nice glow that doesn't make me look like I threw glitter on my face. It lasts all day long and I get so many compliments on it. My only complaint is that the compact itself can be a little difficult to open, but otherwise this product is a must have.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This highlighter looks muddy on my skin. Good under direct sunlight, but it looks ashy at all other times when the sun isn't out.
I'm also not a big fan of powdery texture with random glitter pieces. I want my highlight to look natural and this one doesn't fit the bill.

I like this product however it doesn’t have the blinding aspect I wanted. It is buildable to an extent and does last for a while. However i do feel I have a lot better and cheaper highlights. I feel the price is too higher really and for that reason I wouldn’t burnt again. However if you do like a natural glow this may be something to consider but I would recommend saving some money on a cheaper product which could do the same e.g. essence highlight