E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

3.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

THIS IS GREAT POWDER,AND CHEAP,IT HAS ONLY TWO INGREDIENTS VERY SAFE.ITS A FINE POWDER WITH A FLAWLESS FINISH,BUT IT CAN OXIDISE YOUR FOUNDATION.ITS REALLY A GOOD POWDER.I HAVE THE YELLOW TOO,THAT IT GOOD TO ADD A YELLOW BASED TONED TO FOUNDATION.

on 2/8/2014 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I had hopes for this powder. after I read reviews from ladies with dry skin saying that this doesn't accentuate dry skin but this makes my skin look and feel horrible, patchy and dry, definitely not appropriate for dry skin

on 1/16/2014 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is perfect to reduce the look of your foundation especially if orange and it gives you the porcelain look. Simply love it!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

A month ago I bought E.L.F. S. HIGH DEF POWDER and I love it! I tried the HD powder from MakeUpForEver in sephora and that reminded me of the time I saw that E.L.F. had an HD powder. I researched online and read reviews of E.L.F. and months later, bought the powder. It is just like MUFE's HD powder but only $6 bux compared to $32 bux. After applying my Make Up For Ever HD foundation 178 and concealer, I generously apply ELF's HD powder all over my face, and it sets my make up in place. It works better than my Urban Decay setting spray. Make up won't budge when you use this great powder! It's silky and finely milled. It never crinkles or settles in fine lines. It seriously goes on sheer, and I know because my skin is a milk chocolate tone and it never leaves an ghoolish white caste like other translucent powders. Buy it asap!

on 5/11/2012 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Finally bought this today after thinking that $6 was a lot for an ELF product. I just don't get the hype. I have very dry skin and this made me look white and dry, not the look I was going for. Perhaps I applied to much. I will continue to experiment, but so far, not happy.

on 3/12/2012 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

First, as many reviewers have said, THIS PRODUCT IS MESSY! Be prepared. Like other reviewers, I punched holes in the top of the plastic covering using an old earing and sifted it out onto the included puff (and put it on my brush from there).
The packaging is nice to look at, however difficult/messy the product is. The black case it comes in makes it look way more expensive than the entirely reasonable $6.
On my skin, the product felt very light and gave me a nice texture. However, some settled into my trouble dry spots (my nose) and made it look even more dry, even though I just applied moisturizer before any makeup. The rest of my skin, including and especially my oily t-zone, looks fabulous. A few areas where the foundation and concealer didn't quite help my acne scars actually improved drastically; I've never seen my forehead look so good.

Overall:
-Messy, but can be remedied. Case looks nice.
-Price is super reasonable at $6. ELF is always running sales, so often times you can get it cheaper than that (I got mine for $6 at my local Target but bypassed shipping costs).
-Great for T-Zone areas, not so great for dry skin. If you have really bad dry patches, I suggested exfoliating/using extra moisturizer in those areas before application, or just not applying it in those areas at all. It tends to settle in a not-so-nice way on flakey areas.
-Best used as a setting powder, but does its job on its own for clear skin
-worked wonders on my acne scars.

As always with ELF, its definitely worth it just to try it. It's a steal, so if it doesn't work, you have nothing to lose :)

on 6/10/2011 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this because of the great price and the comparisons to the Makeup forever hd powder.i have never tried the makeup forever powder but I'm guessing that version (and more expensive version) is a finer powder. This ELF one is fine. I wouldnt say great. Even using a TINY bit makes my face look darker and to chalky. I prefer a LITTLE sheen to look more natural. I tried lightly dusting a TINY just on my tzone as well and it still doesnt really work for me. It looks better after a an hour or two when its absorb and warmed up.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

This product will definitely become a staple in my collection. I have very dry sensitive skin and have no issues. For those of you that are getting "face white" in photos you are using way too much product and not blending enough. I also have had no issue with the packaging. I just peeled and cut off 1/3 of the sticker and get the perfect amount of product.

on 9/28/2010 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This makes my skin very dry, specially around the mouth.
I will not put this on my face again.

It is good for ppl who have very well moisturized or oily skin, but for some one with very dry skin like it was a nightmare...

on 3/18/2010 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The Bomb! Absolute Mattifier for all foundation types! My skin is menopausal-Sahara Dry and this power doesn't cake or travel into lines. The price for this quality is unheard of. I wouldn't believe this quality/value if it weren't true!
I'm checking ELF for all cosmetic buys prior to any other supplier from now on.