Garnier White Chocolate 111

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

3.9

I recently bleached my hair and got it a bright orange, then used Loreal Excellence hight lift lightest ash blonde to try to tone it. It got everywhere blonde except my roots which turned a more natural auburn color instead of orange. So I went back to buy another box to try one more application, but there weren't any left. I grabbed up this Garnier 111 because it looked promising. First of all, it smells super duper strong, it burns my nose when I'm applying it.
Secondly, it did NOTHING. Absolutely no change at all to my hair after 40 minutes of leaving it on.
I won't be buying this again.

Best super light drugstore blonde! Before using this, I dyed my hair with garnier's extra light natural blonde and the results were golden and a bit orange. I decided to use this on my roots because the instructions said you could use 100 and 111 interchangeably. My dark blonde roots turned a whiteish pearly blonde, while the rest of my hair was a light golden blonde. These two boxes of hair color are not the same!! Now I have lighter roots than my ends of my hair, but I would still recommend this product because it is the only box blonde that could lighten my mousy hair with no orange at all

on 1/29/2014 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is THE BEST BLONDE DYE AROUND! I totally screwed up my hair with Henna (trying to use "natural"), and have been trying to get it out. My hair was neon orange at a point...lol! This has made my hair look "normal". Like a "normal" blonde!!! YEAH!!!!

on 4/20/2013 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to write this review in hopes of maybe helping someone else.

I have been getting expensive highlights for years. My hair is mostly blonde (from highlighting) but I have dark roots. My hair is naturally a med. to light brown.

so here is the important part. This dye comes with a 30 vol developer. This means it will only lift or lighten your hair 3 levels. Google a hair level chart and find what level you are. Count three shades down and this is what a 30 volume will do. my level is probably a 4 medium brown. So a 30 volume will only lighten me to a 7 medium blond. btw: I am not a hair professional. I just did some research after my hair turned a yucky color of gold using this hair dye. What I didn't understand was I probably needed a 40 vol and possibly should have checked Sally's beauty first. Box dyes are very misleading!

be careful and good luck!!

Love this shade! I used it as a toner after lifting my already, dyed blonde hair with Revlon Colorsilk in shade 05, which has great lifting power but left my hair yellow after two weeks. I left on for 30 minutes, and though my hair turned a light,blue brown while processing, the color came out a beautiful, pale non- brassy blonde when blown out. Like Colorsilk though, the formula is thin and there is not alot in a single bottle. I have fine, barely shoulder length hair and I would reccomend two boxes for anyone with longer or thicker hair. Smell is quite stronger than that of Colosilk but the grapeseed oil packet does help to cut it down. This was by far, the least damaging box color that I have ever used! My hair was soft and incredibly shiny for, lasting up to a week afterwards. Very impressed! My hair has started to turn yellow, especially around my porous ends after two weeks, but I am going to start investing in purple shampoos and conditioners. Note: I used this on hair that was already lifted to a level ten. So while my result was lighter than that on the box, unless your hair is already that light, you should expect your color to be darker based on your current level. I would not use this dye to lift" any color, since I did not notice any lift on my roots. It did blend and tone my hair beautifully, and it looked to be a pale, 10.5,11 for about week before fading back to a yellow 10. If would suggest using the Colorsilk to lift your hair and then, depending on the condition of your hair, use this shade to tone, anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks afterwards. All in all, I will repurchase when in a pinch to tone or add pop to my hair. Edit: as several other reviewers have mentioned, I did notice a very slight, green undertone to my hair as it faded, around the two week mark. It was very faint and only around my porous, and mostly visible under artificial light, not natural. I had used several "ash" dyes and toners before trying out this shade so if you have been depositing mostly ash on your hair, I would suggest stripping with a bleach cap beforehand or trying out another dye.

on 4/8/2012 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a strong toner-dye that turns red/orange/yellow into a naturally looking metallic/gray/ash dark blond, provided your hair has enough red in it. If your hair lacks red or yellow due to previous bleaching, it may end up too greenish or bluish, respectively. Before application, I used Color Oops to remove the previous hair dyes which revealed an orange-yellow hair - typical result from previous dyeing. The White Chocolate doesn't have the bleaching power to achieve the white blond on the box. Judging by the sensation on my scalp, it didn't bleach more than 2-3 tones up but no later than 5 mins after application it deposited an ashy color which had me concerned because I thought it was turning my hair darker instead of bleaching it. I waited 30 minites and the final color was a metalic ashy/gray dark blond close to what I consider a natural blond without the yellow/gold or red hues produced by most dyes at the department stores. My hair ended with a hint of green hue in it because the formulation of White Chocolate assumes you start with a virgin hair with enough red tones in it, which it neutralizes with green. If your hair doesn't have enough red, the green could be a little too much but nothing drastic like Halloween :) I expect the toner dye to fade from shampooing in the following weeks and then I will see to what color my hair was bleached. The bottom line is that White Chocolate is a strong toner for brassiness but not the bleach of your dreams that can take you from brown to white blond hair in 30 mins. I took one point off for the misrepresentation on the box.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first rinsed this color out of my bleached brassy blonde, I HATED it. I'd had the bleached blonde for a few months then decided to go more platinum with a dye instead of a bleach. (Too many evil chemical burns) So when I rinsed it out after 25(?) minutes it was LAVENDER. So I washed several more times. I was left with this PERFECT white/blonde. Unfortunately, the white only stays about a week unless you use a purple shampoo every night, but you're still left with a VERY pretty light blonde.
I will definitely continue using this product!

on 1/9/2011 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product NEVER fails me!!!! I usually alternate between 100 Extra light blonde (camomile) and always great results!!

I went to a hair salon....(my stories always start like that lol), and of course my "blonde" highlights turned orange :(. I am used to this by now, so instead of having them fix it, I buy a bottle of White Chocolate or the Camomile depending on how brassy my hair is. I dye it the day after and voila! Shimmery pale blonde with NO orange just beautiful ashy tones.

A warning though!!!! If you have really light blonde or bleached pieces this can turn your hair BLUE!! So just be careful and if you do, don't leave it on too long. I usally only dye for about 20 mins if I have really brassy hair even with extra light pieces.

Anyways, great product, great color and just super GREAT!! I will forever use this hair dye!!!! I just have to say how funny it is that a drugstore product can really fix a professional and expensive salon color....hmmmm....LOL. LOVE GARNIER!!!!