Hard Candy Mr. Wrong

Hard Candy Mr. Wrong

4.5

on 1/21/2011 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

For a long time I was put off from trying these polishes due to their tacky packaging--I really hated that plastic ring. If they'd just leave out the ring and knocked off a dollar from its somewhat expensive price tag, I would be perfectly content with my purchase. Undeniably though, Mr. Wrong is a polish with complexity, purpley-blue with flashy silver and gold flakes. Its color really morphs depending on lighting. Application is simple, 3 coats and streak-free shimmery goodness is at your fingertips!

on 9/3/2010 1:54:00 AM

I haven't written a product review here YEARS - but had to for Mr. Wrong. I was waiting forever for a prescription to be filled at Wal-Mart and the cosmetics aisle was right next to the prescription counter. I was so happy to see Hard Candy nail polish back again, I had really missed it. It used to be one of my regular splurges at Nordstrom.

Compared to the "old," more spendy polish they used to make, this new one still has a fantastic consistency and coverage. They also still come with the useless cheap platic ring just like before, which imho they could have ditched. It's not cute. The only real difference between the new polish and the old is that this brush is not the best. It's smaller, shorter, and doesn't pick up enough polish or apply the polish well like the old one.

I can't say anything further about the color than what's been said. It's a gorgeous silvery eggplant, that can look guntmetal or even gold depending on how the light hits it.

It makes me happy to see my nails this color, and brought back a bit of nostaglia to do my nails with Hard Candy again, but with a very modern color. Will def be trying the other colors since they're so very inexpensive - but from what I saw this will be my favorite in the line.

on 4/3/2010 9:04:00 PM

This is all I want from a glittery nail polish. The shimmer is so fine, it is almost indiscernible. This looks fantastic with a black outfit. I want to try 'Sweet Pea' next. I will wear glittery nail polish until I die, I don't care if it looks juvenile on a 90 year old!!

on 12/19/2009 4:59:00 PM

I live in Atlanta, and STILL can't find Hard Candy at WalMart yet. Luckily, I visited my daughter in Manhattan, KS and they had it.

LOVE it. Love the shade, love the application, love the look, just wish it would stay on longer. Loved the ring, but I left it in Kansas. I don't have any other shades that even come close to this.

Popular Polishes