4.2

grapeseed oil!

on 10/23/2017 9:23:00 PM

I’ve been using 100% pure grape seed oil on my skin for about 3 years now. I use the grape seed oil to remove my eye make up. I then use a mild cleanser that contains almond oil to clean my skin. Then I moisturize as my final step with grapeseed oil before I go to bed. My skin has improved to the point where I no longer need to wear foundation every day. I love makeup and enjoy putting it on, it leaves a flawless look, however, I no longer need it. My skin looks great and provides a great foundation for a good face of makeup when I want to wear it. I recommend this oil as a moisturizer for everyone who has combination skin type. If you research your skin type you will find the oil that works for you - grape seed may not be it. Different oils are for different skin types.

on 10/21/2017 6:19:00 AM

I chanced upon grapeseed oil when I was researching rosehip seed oil for my face. I never could have believed that an oil will be the reason why I can now skip foundation and concealer entirely (back then, I couldn't go anywhere without base makeup.) A little background :- my skin used to be extremely oily (makeup made it worse. By the middle of the day I used to have pools of oil around my t-zone) and I had terrible breakouts owing to clogged pores. I also had the habit of picking on my skin which resulted in leftover marks and scars that stayed for months. So when I started using grapeseed oil on cleansed skin at night before bed, it felt a little strange. I used it all over my face as a replacement to my night cream and within a week, my skin cleared up. Grapeseed oil is an astringent and has a mild drying property which cleans your pores and shrinks them, dries out any pimples and gives your skin an even, matte texture with a subtle glow. Now my skin feels "normal" which is saying a lot because it has never been that way. Ever. I don't get oily during the day (but my skin never feels dry either) and I only get an occasional hormonal break out during that time of the month (which goes away in a couple days with the application of GSO). All my scars and marks have surely faded and I don't need concealer anymore. Honestly I just need grapeseed oil and a good cleanser and I'm sorted. I switch between TBS drops of light foaming cleanser and the teatree facial wash and both seem to work incredibly well with the oil. I highly recommend giving grapeseed oil a shot. Especially if you're oily and acne prone. It's a lifesaver.

on 6/6/2017 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I also have acne-prone skin which loves oils. I use this as the first step in cleansing my skin at night, followed by a mild foaming cleanser. It may be too heavy to use as a moisturizer for some (including me). My last step is jojoba oil. Forget the fancy labels and high prices. Skin-healthy oils are cheap, effective, and available in the grocery aisle of your supermarket or Trader Joe's. FYI, I find that my skin is less oily when I feed it with these oils.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A lightweight, easily absorbed oil with non comedogenic properties (will not clog your pores). Grapeseed was chosen specifically for my reactive/acne prone skin because of it’s unique properties:

-Anti-inflammatory
-Antibacterial
-It’s also an antioxidant

When you have sensitive or blemish prone skin it’s very important to try and incorporate as many ingredients with these properties into your skincare regime as possible. I found the best use of the oil personally through my oil cleansing technique. I would work the oil onto my dry face before using my milky cleanser and it would begin to break down my makeup. This is amazing if you use waterproof cosmetics that are designed to not budge. If you’ve ever used coconut oil as your moisturizer and found it was a little too heavy, grape seed oil is the answer to your prayers. It makes a great lightweight body oil that has never made me feel greasy or overly saturated but still gives you the healthy, glowy skin we all want.

This oil has all of its bases covered, guaranteed to offer something to anybody at any age. If any of this resonates with you, I’d highly suggest to further look into grapeseed oil. I purchased the Aura Cacia Grapeseed oil from my nearest health food store for only a few dollars.

Check out my beauty blog for more product reviews
www.intotheintrepid.com

I love jojoba and sweet almond oil so I thought I would give this one a try... It irritated and dried my skin out. Bummer.

on 6/21/2017 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Grapeseed oil is my HG skincare product.

I have combination, acne-prone skin. I've dealt with serious dry patches in the winter as well as lots of oiliness in my T-zone as well as my cheeks.

To use this, I wash my face as normal and then slather my face in grapeseed oil prior to going to bed. It absorbs fairly quickly and you really don't need a lot, but I like to use a little extra and really massage it in. I have also worn this under makeup with great success (just obviously you will need to use a little less). It doubles as a makeup remover and it's very lightweight.

Not only has replacing my regular moisturizer with this oil done WONDERS for the hydration of my skin (passed a winter with zero dry patches, whaaaaaat), it's balanced my skin to where I don't get as oily anymore, and it totally cleared up my face as well! FINALLY something that doesn't clog my pores. It makes my skin bright and glowy, and for the first time since I was a teenager I have regular compliments on my skin and complexion.

I recommend this to literally everyone I know because I want them to experience just how amazing it is. My boyfriend also has bad facial psoriasis, and this has cleared it up better than any kind of hydrocortisone cream. We both swear by it.

OH! And it's wonderful and lightweight on your hair as well. All around an amazing little secret. 12/10

on 5/12/2017 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Great step 1 oil for double cleansing. Removes SS and makeup easily. Helps cleanse without drying out my acne prone skin.

I use Grapeseed oil to remove my makeup. It is a gentle oil with many benefits including: moisturizes skin, treats acne, diminishes scarring, tightens skin, anti-aging properties, minimizes dark under-eye circles. Those reasons alone are enough to add it to your beauty regime. I am currently pregnant and plan to use this on my belly as it grows, to help keep stretch marks at bay. I do enjoy using these simple, natural, nourishing oils in my skincare routines instead of other products found on shelves with diluted ingredients, additives, and a high price tag. I like to use Grapeseed oil, Rosehip Seed oil, and Jojoba oil for skincare.

on 1/28/2017 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

For anyone looking into oils for skin care, there are many factors you have to consider. I've just come to the happy balance of a long journey searching for the right oils for my face. Grape seed was one of the earlier stepping stones. Grape seed oil has has many benefits but what I consider to be one major caveat.... it is VERY astringent. It was fine for cleansing but I made the mistake of trying to use it in place of moisturizer overnight as well. BIG woops. My skin hated hated me for almost four weeks after that stint. I prefer my oils to be safe for every purpose. My biggest skin care rules are that I want to be able to leave something on overnight or get it in my eyes or mouth and know that I'll be fine! As soon as I see "avoid contact with eye area" on anything I put it right down. That's my philosophy and has all but perfected my personal skincare, but I know different strokes for different folks is a very real thing.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have oily acne prone skin i cut my black soap with this and i can wash my face longer. This is the only oil that doesnt break me out.

Popular Face Skincare Products