4.2

grapeseed oil!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A lightweight, easily absorbed oil with non comedogenic properties (will not clog your pores). Grapeseed was chosen specifically for my reactive/acne prone skin because of it’s unique properties:

-Anti-inflammatory
-Antibacterial
-It’s also an antioxidant

When you have sensitive or blemish prone skin it’s very important to try and incorporate as many ingredients with these properties into your skincare regime as possible. I found the best use of the oil personally through my oil cleansing technique. I would work the oil onto my dry face before using my milky cleanser and it would begin to break down my makeup. This is amazing if you use waterproof cosmetics that are designed to not budge. If you’ve ever used coconut oil as your moisturizer and found it was a little too heavy, grape seed oil is the answer to your prayers. It makes a great lightweight body oil that has never made me feel greasy or overly saturated but still gives you the healthy, glowy skin we all want.

This oil has all of its bases covered, guaranteed to offer something to anybody at any age. If any of this resonates with you, I’d highly suggest to further look into grapeseed oil. I purchased the Aura Cacia Grapeseed oil from my nearest health food store for only a few dollars.

Check out my beauty blog for more product reviews
www.intotheintrepid.com

I love jojoba and sweet almond oil so I thought I would give this one a try... It irritated and dried my skin out. Bummer.

on 6/6/2017 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I also have acne-prone skin which loves oils. I use this as the first step in cleansing my skin at night, followed by a mild foaming cleanser. It may be too heavy to use as a moisturizer for some (including me). My last step is jojoba oil. Forget the fancy labels and high prices. Skin-healthy oils are cheap, effective, and available in the grocery aisle of your supermarket or Trader Joe's. FYI, I find that my skin is less oily when I feed it with these oils.

on 5/12/2017 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Great step 1 oil for double cleansing. Removes SS and makeup easily. Helps cleanse without drying out my acne prone skin.

on 6/21/2017 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Grapeseed oil is my HG skincare product.

I have combination, acne-prone skin. I've dealt with serious dry patches in the winter as well as lots of oiliness in my T-zone as well as my cheeks.

To use this, I wash my face as normal and then slather my face in grapeseed oil prior to going to bed. It absorbs fairly quickly and you really don't need a lot, but I like to use a little extra and really massage it in. I have also worn this under makeup with great success (just obviously you will need to use a little less). It doubles as a makeup remover and it's very lightweight.

Not only has replacing my regular moisturizer with this oil done WONDERS for the hydration of my skin (passed a winter with zero dry patches, whaaaaaat), it's balanced my skin to where I don't get as oily anymore, and it totally cleared up my face as well! FINALLY something that doesn't clog my pores. It makes my skin bright and glowy, and for the first time since I was a teenager I have regular compliments on my skin and complexion.

I recommend this to literally everyone I know because I want them to experience just how amazing it is. My boyfriend also has bad facial psoriasis, and this has cleared it up better than any kind of hydrocortisone cream. We both swear by it.

OH! And it's wonderful and lightweight on your hair as well. All around an amazing little secret. 12/10

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have oily acne prone skin i cut my black soap with this and i can wash my face longer. This is the only oil that doesnt break me out.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Best Oil for Acne Prone Skin! It's getting easier and easier to find but luckily I always have some of the food-grade variety I keep around for clean eating and cooking. It doesn't have a too-small molecular size, neither is it too large. It's very thin, hardly any HDL which means it won't imitate the waxy sebum junk that clogs our skin and yields pimples. I mix this in my moisturizers if they get too dry or sometimes in the winter, I just use this directly on my driest parts. I put it in an opaque spray bottle which isn't the best but makes it more convenient. Also, the antioxidant benefit! More companies should use grapeseed oil more often in their formulations. It's thin enough that a little bit doesn't disrupt makeup too much if you let it absorb and it doesn't leave a weird film on the skin. I'm not a huge fan of it on the lips unless I use some vaseline on top but it does give a little slick moisture; as a matter of fact I like richer, thicker, balmier moisture on the lips, especially if it feels good to mush around. However, I do wish more lipbalms had this ingredient. The packaging you get especially at the grocery store isn't always convenient but it's not hard to find something better to put it or buy empty pump bottles off ebay or Amazon. This is a must have if you have oily, or acne-prone skin and need a little moisture that won't clog pores.

I use Grapeseed oil to remove my makeup. It is a gentle oil with many benefits including: moisturizes skin, treats acne, diminishes scarring, tightens skin, anti-aging properties, minimizes dark under-eye circles. Those reasons alone are enough to add it to your beauty regime. I am currently pregnant and plan to use this on my belly as it grows, to help keep stretch marks at bay. I do enjoy using these simple, natural, nourishing oils in my skincare routines instead of other products found on shelves with diluted ingredients, additives, and a high price tag. I like to use Grapeseed oil, Rosehip Seed oil, and Jojoba oil for skincare.

on 1/28/2017 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

For anyone looking into oils for skin care, there are many factors you have to consider. I've just come to the happy balance of a long journey searching for the right oils for my face. Grape seed was one of the earlier stepping stones. Grape seed oil has has many benefits but what I consider to be one major caveat.... it is VERY astringent. It was fine for cleansing but I made the mistake of trying to use it in place of moisturizer overnight as well. BIG woops. My skin hated hated me for almost four weeks after that stint. I prefer my oils to be safe for every purpose. My biggest skin care rules are that I want to be able to leave something on overnight or get it in my eyes or mouth and know that I'll be fine! As soon as I see "avoid contact with eye area" on anything I put it right down. That's my philosophy and has all but perfected my personal skincare, but I know different strokes for different folks is a very real thing.

on 1/21/2017 12:34:00 AM

I read a lot of great reviews before buying 100% cold-pressed grapeseed oil. Everyone seemed to be saying that this was the ~perfect~ oil for oily acne prone skin (which is my skin type). I used this oil every night before bed for about a month or so. And let me tell you, I got the WORST break out I have ever experienced, no exaggerations. Im talking painful, cystic acne that leaves horrible scars!! Normally, i don't really get cystic acne. And nothing else changed in my skin care routine, so I know it was the oil. Moral of the story: Be very careful with what you put on your skin, even if the product has had good reviews. What may work on some people may not work for you. My suggestion is to patch test the oil on your skin, at least for a week. Your skin will thank you! I am still dealing with the scars on my chin, and its been months since I stopped using this oil :(

Popular Face Skincare Products