4.3

grapeseed oil!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Best Oil for Acne Prone Skin! It's getting easier and easier to find but luckily I always have some of the food-grade variety I keep around for clean eating and cooking. It doesn't have a too-small molecular size, neither is it too large. It's very thin, hardly any HDL which means it won't imitate the waxy sebum junk that clogs our skin and yields pimples. I mix this in my moisturizers if they get too dry or sometimes in the winter, I just use this directly on my driest parts. I put it in an opaque spray bottle which isn't the best but makes it more convenient. Also, the antioxidant benefit! More companies should use grapeseed oil more often in their formulations. It's thin enough that a little bit doesn't disrupt makeup too much if you let it absorb and it doesn't leave a weird film on the skin. I'm not a huge fan of it on the lips unless I use some vaseline on top but it does give a little slick moisture; as a matter of fact I like richer, thicker, balmier moisture on the lips, especially if it feels good to mush around. However, I do wish more lipbalms had this ingredient. The packaging you get especially at the grocery store isn't always convenient but it's not hard to find something better to put it or buy empty pump bottles off ebay or Amazon. This is a must have if you have oily, or acne-prone skin and need a little moisture that won't clog pores.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This has replaced olive oil as my favorite facial oil! It sinks in and absorbs much better and feels like it's actually penetrating. I love that it's all natural. I got mine at Target for 5 dollars.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I think I am in the minority here, but I just do not find any good use for me with this product except to remove hair color that I did not like. For that, it did the trick. But for my face and body, I found it to do nothing. I will say it did not irritate my skin, as some oils can, but it just did not moisturize; it did not help with keeping pores clear, and my skin actually felt drier after using this. I do have very dry skin all over, and most oils do the same thing. They just sit there after they absorb. Grapeseed oil does absorb quicker on me than almond or safflower, for example, but I do still find it difficult to just use any oil on its own to moisturize. This may work better for someone with an oilier facial skin type, since it is a drier oil. I wish it could have worked, because it seems to be so popular. It wouldn't even do anything on my nails. Well, so much for oils!

on 6/11/2016 10:02:00 PM

I like to mix this with my moisturizer at bed time.
I also like to use as a makeup remover. It absorbs into the skin easily and doest feel greasy or sticky. No scent.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've been using grape seed oil for the past 2 months and it has helped my facial skin so much. After about a week of use my skin glowed and the little bumps on my cheeks got way smaller. For the first month of using grape seed oil I mixed two to three drops with my moisturizer which was Yes to Cucumbers Daily Calming Moisturizer in the morning and at night. Now I used raw unrefined shea butter by Better Shea Butter instead of the Yes to moisturizer. This oil did not break me out either, I just got 3 very little pimples but they went away fast!

on 4/11/2016 7:47:00 AM

OMG where do i start? This is the best facial oil i have used! I have normal-combo skin and my pores get clogged very easily. I switched to grapeseed oil after a disastrous experience with another face oil and my skin is finally looking good! I use just 3 drops every other night and my face is brighter the next morning, plus it just shrinks any pimples that i have. Make sure you apply it on hydrated skin (hydrated, not wet) and massage it gently. I use this in place of a moisturizer (dont wanna risk clogging my pores) and it works just as well! Baby soft skin when i wake up! If you are acne-prone, i would suggest patch testing for a few days to see how your skin likes it. And use it in moderation, every other day works best for me!
Grapeseed oil is super-cheap and it doubles up as an excellent makeup remover too. Just get this stuff already, people!
(P.S.: For those in India, the grapeseed oil by Sula Vineyards is excellent! It's food-grade, cold-pressed and you get a lot of quantity for the cost. Try it!)

I mix 3 parts Grapeseed Oil with 1 part Castor & a couple drops of Tea Tree into a pump container to remove my makeup (oil cleansing method) and it has made such an improvement to my skin!

I have sensitive, acne-prone, oily skin and it has really helped with the overall texture and tone of my face and my acne scars have faded. It's very light.

I get this for £3 at the health food shop, which is a bonus- as lots of 'healthy' oils seem to be way out of my budget.

Love Grapeseed Oil. Highly recommend.

on 3/27/2016 4:00:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I use grapeseed oil as my makeup remover, it is the best make up remover I have ever used. I mix it with finely ground oats which makes the texture of the oil thicker, I prefer the thicker texture as it feels more soothing when I apply it.

*Addition* I have been using Grapeseed oil for years now for everything from my hair, body, face and cooking. It is my go to holy grail product, my understanding is that coconut oil has more benefits. However I find grapeseed is easier to manage, I can use quite a bit more before it leaves my hair oil as a leave in, has never made me break out (and I always leave a layer of it on my face after showering) and is much more economic then coconut oil.

on 3/7/2016 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I know that it works for many people but I really hated it. It gave me Blackheads and it really did not sink into my skin. I hated the smell and it burnt in my eyes. It's just not for me.

on 2/22/2016 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

WOW!
I am SO SO glad I google searched "facial oils for clogged pores".

In my teens, I had really bad acne where it was beneath my skin - it made my skin tone purple looking. My skin had no bounce and it looked swollen. Luckily I grew out of that. Even though my skin is no longer purple tone, has abit of bounce back and no longer swollen looking, it still has alot of little bumps.
I had what they call "clogged pores" all over my face - forehead, cheeks, jawline, side of my mouth and chin.

I consider my skin type combination/sensitive/oily which is very frustrating and I have to be really careful what I put on my skin.

From my teen years, I spent alot of time and money trying different facial cleansers, facial moisturisers, exfoliaters, getting my facials done by a beauty therapist, taking Accutane and now that I am 30yrs old - I have finally found something that works! GRAPESEED OIL - thanks to good ol internet google search and of course reading reviews!

I have been using Grapeseed Oil for 7weeks now, morning and night. From the first application - my skin looked clear/clean! it looked bright and even tone. My little annoying clogged pores on my forehead, cheeks and side/corner of mouth disappeared! ...... BUT......... I still have some left on my chin and jawline (do you think it's from my hair? or hormonal??)

After loving the result of the oil on my face, I decided to use it as a body oil after my shower once or twice a week. My back/arm has cleared up from again.... "clogged pores". My skin is now smooth and GLOWING!

I absolutely HIGHLY RECOMMEND you at least try this - bearing in mind everyone is different so if it doesn't work for you I'm sorry.
If you do decide to purchase Grapeseed Oil, find one that is Organic and Cold Press, preferably in a dark bottle and store away from heat/sunlight.

Overall = LOVE! Can't imagine not having it. Apart from clearing my skin, ITS DIRT CHEAP! $11NZD for 100ml Organic/Cold Press at Pure Nature.

Popular Face Skincare Products