4.2

grapeseed oil!

on 5/12/2017 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Great step 1 oil for double cleansing. Removes SS and makeup easily. Helps cleanse without drying out my acne prone skin.

I use Grapeseed oil to remove my makeup. It is a gentle oil with many benefits including: moisturizes skin, treats acne, diminishes scarring, tightens skin, anti-aging properties, minimizes dark under-eye circles. Those reasons alone are enough to add it to your beauty regime. I am currently pregnant and plan to use this on my belly as it grows, to help keep stretch marks at bay. I do enjoy using these simple, natural, nourishing oils in my skincare routines instead of other products found on shelves with diluted ingredients, additives, and a high price tag. I like to use Grapeseed oil, Rosehip Seed oil, and Jojoba oil for skincare.

on 3/9/2017 11:41:00 PM

I love this oil for my mid-30's combination, sensitive, acne prone skin!! I mix it with rosehip seed oil & apply 3 drops Day & night after washing my face. It leaves my skin super soft & acne free. Best of all, it's an affordable moisturizer & I don't have an allergy flare up from using it.

on 1/28/2017 1:55:00 PM

For anyone looking into oils for skin care, there are many factors you have to consider. I've just come to the happy balance of a long journey searching for the right oils for my face. Grape seed was one of the earlier stepping stones. Grape seed oil has has many benefits but what I consider to be one major caveat.... it is VERY astringent. It was fine for cleansing but I made the mistake of trying to use it in place of moisturizer overnight as well. BIG woops. My skin hated hated me for almost four weeks after that stint. I prefer my oils to be safe for every purpose. My biggest skin care rules are that I want to be able to leave something on overnight or get it in my eyes or mouth and know that I'll be fine! As soon as I see "avoid contact with eye area" on anything I put it right down. That's my philosophy and has all but perfected my personal skincare, but I know different strokes for different folks is a very real thing.

on 1/21/2017 12:34:00 AM

I read a lot of great reviews before buying 100% cold-pressed grapeseed oil. Everyone seemed to be saying that this was the ~perfect~ oil for oily acne prone skin (which is my skin type). I used this oil every night before bed for about a month or so. And let me tell you, I got the WORST break out I have ever experienced, no exaggerations. Im talking painful, cystic acne that leaves horrible scars!! Normally, i don't really get cystic acne. And nothing else changed in my skin care routine, so I know it was the oil. Moral of the story: Be very careful with what you put on your skin, even if the product has had good reviews. What may work on some people may not work for you. My suggestion is to patch test the oil on your skin, at least for a week. Your skin will thank you! I am still dealing with the scars on my chin, and its been months since I stopped using this oil :(

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Best Oil for Acne Prone Skin! It's getting easier and easier to find but luckily I always have some of the food-grade variety I keep around for clean eating and cooking. It doesn't have a too-small molecular size, neither is it too large. It's very thin, hardly any HDL which means it won't imitate the waxy sebum junk that clogs our skin and yields pimples. I mix this in my moisturizers if they get too dry or sometimes in the winter, I just use this directly on my driest parts. I put it in an opaque spray bottle which isn't the best but makes it more convenient. Also, the antioxidant benefit! More companies should use grapeseed oil more often in their formulations. It's thin enough that a little bit doesn't disrupt makeup too much if you let it absorb and it doesn't leave a weird film on the skin. I'm not a huge fan of it on the lips unless I use some vaseline on top but it does give a little slick moisture; as a matter of fact I like richer, thicker, balmier moisture on the lips, especially if it feels good to mush around. However, I do wish more lipbalms had this ingredient. The packaging you get especially at the grocery store isn't always convenient but it's not hard to find something better to put it or buy empty pump bottles off ebay or Amazon. This is a must have if you have oily, or acne-prone skin and need a little moisture that won't clog pores.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This has replaced olive oil as my favorite facial oil! It sinks in and absorbs much better and feels like it's actually penetrating. I love that it's all natural. I got mine at Target for 5 dollars.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I think I am in the minority here, but I just do not find any good use for me with this product except to remove hair color that I did not like. For that, it did the trick. But for my face and body, I found it to do nothing. I will say it did not irritate my skin, as some oils can, but it just did not moisturize; it did not help with keeping pores clear, and my skin actually felt drier after using this. I do have very dry skin all over, and most oils do the same thing. They just sit there after they absorb. Grapeseed oil does absorb quicker on me than almond or safflower, for example, but I do still find it difficult to just use any oil on its own to moisturize. This may work better for someone with an oilier facial skin type, since it is a drier oil. I wish it could have worked, because it seems to be so popular. It wouldn't even do anything on my nails. Well, so much for oils!

on 6/11/2016 10:02:00 PM

I like to mix this with my moisturizer at bed time.
I also like to use as a makeup remover. It absorbs into the skin easily and doest feel greasy or sticky. No scent.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've been using grape seed oil for the past 2 months and it has helped my facial skin so much. After about a week of use my skin glowed and the little bumps on my cheeks got way smaller. For the first month of using grape seed oil I mixed two to three drops with my moisturizer which was Yes to Cucumbers Daily Calming Moisturizer in the morning and at night. Now I used raw unrefined shea butter by Better Shea Butter instead of the Yes to moisturizer. This oil did not break me out either, I just got 3 very little pimples but they went away fast!

Popular Face Skincare Products