The Body Shop Buriti Baby Body Butter

The Body Shop Buriti Baby Body Butter

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peg-8 Beeswax, Steareth-2, Caprylyl Glycol, Olea Europaea Oil, Steareth-20, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xantham Gum, Parfum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid.

on 1/19/2013 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is so so good for dry and sensitive skin! Works just like the body butter only better.
Cause it is not as greasy and sinks into the skin well.

Love!

on 10/29/2012 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is awesome seriously. Some of TBS body butters are really greasy but this isn't one of them. It goes on so smooth and is very easy to work into the skin. The scent is powdery but not overwhelming. It smells a little weird at first when you smell it but it smells good after it's applied and settles in. My skin feels as soft as a baby's butt no joke. I like that this doesn't have parabens in it and all that. I don't have any kids but I would definitely use this in a heart beat if I did because it don't irritate my skin at all and I have sensitive skin. Will repurchase
**11/3/12** I forgot to add that everytime I put this on it feels like you put a medicated ointment on where you get that slight tingly feeling. It's not strong or anything but it feels like it is definitely helping your skin heal. Not sure if it's the buriti in it or what, but I love it. Looks just like butter in the jar and spreads very smoothly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I hope TBS hasn't discontinued this product because I can't seem to find it anymore. I love that it doesn't have parabens or any of those 'nasty' ingredients found in other lotions and creams. The texture is so smooth and it absorbs into my skin without any problem.
I'd stockpile this stuff if I can find it again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my very favorite body butter. It's light and sinks in very quickly, but is extremely moisturizing and leaves my skin silky soft. I like the light, powdery scent. I found this a TJ Maxx for super cheap and I wish I had scooped up two or three of them. I would definitely buy this again.

This stuff is amazing! So, for those that do not like the smell because it smells like baby powder, keep in mind that this is for babies! I use this on my 4 year old daughter and this stuff is great, nothin.g has kept her skin so smooth. I have tried it on myself as well and love it! I personally find the scent similar in nature to philosophy baby grace, so much so that I layer it with the spray. my daughter loves for me to read her the little description on the back that talks about it being used on the little prince and pricess babies. it looks and feels like spreading butter, except that once its on the skin it drinks it right up. I will continue to buy this over and over again.

on 10/11/2011 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love the smell of this cream. It goes on smooth and not to thick, leaves your skin soft. Great buy for baby and mommy!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Just for people wondering about the scent of this item. To me, this smells EXACTLY like the facial moisturizers by Avene (the scented ones like Avene hydrance optimal). It's a very clean, fresh scent - I love it! It does not smell like a 'typical' baby lotion, ie Johnsons.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I actually like this butter because for some reason most of The Body Shop butters have been breaking me out for some reason. But I like this butter because it moisturize my skin and doesn't break me out. The smell is okay. I don't hate it but I am not enamored by it. It could be a bit more emollient but this is my go to lotion in the summer. I would repurchase.

UPDATE:08/09/2011
I love this lotion. Been buying this on repeat.

on 5/29/2011 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this body butter! This body butter sinks in very quickly and does not leave me feeling greasy. I love the smell, it's very light. The smell fades very fast soon after I apply it. I will repurchase!

Those who do not like powdery scents may not like this.
About product:
-"No nasties"
-Consistency is nice, gel-like cooling feeling on application but melts into skin.
-The yellow butter looks so yummy!
-Scent is definitely stronger than the sample I tried at the store. Probably from being opened a lot? Quite a bummer because I would have liked it a bit more toned down. Knocked a lippy off for that.

The smell started overwhelming me.. the heat and sweat did not help I can't use this anymore.