Clarisonic Mia

Plastic

on 1/25/2018 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I bought this with points at Shoppers - I don't think I'd ever buy it with cash as it's definitely very expensive. I've been using it for over a year now. Initially I was using it just in the evening but a few months ago I started using it both morning and evening. Has my skin improved? I wouldn't really say so - I haven't noticed any noticeable changes. But I will keep using it and I'd be very sad if it broke. I used to use the Olay Regenerist Facial Cleansing Brush but the Clarisonic is definitely better. It leaves my skin feeling really clean and definitely smoother than when I wash it with hands only. It also feels like it thoroughly removes sunscreen, makeup and anything else. I buy generic brushes on Amazon though - the originals are ridiculously expensive and no better in my opinion. If you can afford it, I definitely recommend it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Being a gadget person and hearing good things (and not so good things) about the Clarisonic, I decided to get this after I heard about the foundation brush and how good it's suppose to be, I figured I would get one and see if there are skin benefits as well. My skin is oily T-zone (dry everywhere else) in the summer, all around dry in the winter, and year round I get PMS acne (sometimes awful and other times not, depending on the month). I know it will not fix my PMS acne as this is a hormonal issue, but I don't have much to lose since the intention of this was mostly for the foundation brush.

Pros:
Simple to use
Makes skin glow after the first use
Easy to charge
Easy to clean
Variety of brushes to choose from
Works with any cleanser

Cons:
Replacing the brush every few months ($27-30, depending on style)
Large compared to your bare hands or washcloth
Might be a hassle if you're frequently traveling

Conclusion: Totally get this (on sale) if you want a cool foundation brush and you crave a little physical exfoliation. The Clarisonic, like all technology and tools, has a learning curve. I think if you're patient, the (subtle) rewards will come. Just don't overdo it when you first get it!

Details:

Value: Please don't buy this at full price. Ulta occasionally has this on sale and you can use a 20% prestige coupon for this. I ended up paying less than $80 USD for the Mia 1; compared to $200+ when they first came out, I would say that this is a decent value. You need to replace brush heads every few months which can add up. Knocked off a couple lippies on the Price section for that.

Functionality: This is not the Clarisonic that has all the bells and whistles like multiple speeds and timer, but it's also an entry level device. However, the actual device is very high on quality and seems solidly built. The more simple a device is, functionally, the less prone to defects, which is something I appreciate. I don't seem to be needing two speeds and I can count in my head as far as timing how long to wash (it turns off automatically after 60 seconds anyway). One button turns it on, don't need to bother with speed setting. Detaching brush heads is easy and since there's not much to the device it's easy to clean.

Charging: I like that you don't have to plug anything into the Mia and its inductive charging capabilities, it gives me a peace of mind that this is truly waterproof. Charging is a breeze, plug the included adapter in and attach the other end to the end of the Mia. An hour or two later you're all set.

Brush heads: My Mia 1 came with the Radiance Brush Head, which is super soft. I like that there are a bunch of different brush heads that you can choose from, even a foundation brush which is amazing. Go to Ulta/Sephora to pet them all before deciding on brush head replacement as some people like a softer cleansing brush head while others like a harder cleansing brush head.

01/06/18: Every other night cleansing: I have had this for three weeks, and will continue to update this review as time goes by. My normal routine is using this every other day as part two of double cleansing (oil cleansing first then Clarisonic with CeraVe Hydrating cleanser). It's nice that I can use my existing favorite cleanser with the Clarisonic, which is nice. The way my skin feels after the first time was amazing, my skin was glowing, which leads up to the next hardest part: resisting to want to use it the next morning, and the following evening, etc. Many people fail at using the Clarisonic because they over exfoliate, so as much as I want to keep using it, less seems more with the Clarisonic (at least for the first couple of weeks). After the 2nd use, I did notice a tiny broken capillary: lesson learned, you do not need much pressure, if any, when using the Clarisonic. Haven't seen any broken capillaries since. Following this method seems to be keeping my skin glowy, smoother, without purge (at least after 3 weeks). Dry patches seem to have lessened and smoothed out since using this device.

Clarisonic on acne: Acne is something that I have been battling with for ages. I have noticed less "little" zits since I started to use this, but my PMS acne on the jawline has not (and I don't expect it to) gone away. However, the Clarisonic seems to speed up the existing zits' existence without the need for spot treatment (this is a WIN for me). On average, zits seems to heal about a day to a few days quicker (depending on size). My zits aren't being scrubbed off by the Clarisonic, but I feel that it's perhaps just scrubbing out the grossness underneath is what is promoting skin regeneration (I'm not a dermatologist so I can be full of crap right now). All in all, this is a benefit I did not expect to see when using the Clarisonic.

I bought the Mia 1 during Amazon's Black Friday sale. I kept hearing how it helps with blackheads and even stimulates your lymph nodes and helps with puffiness under the eyes and what not. I have issues with both so I figured I'd treat myself. I love the way it feels on my skin, it's like a massage and it relaxes me. It cleans all of the makeup off my face except my eye makeup, I take that off beforehand with coconut or jojoba oil. Mine came with the radiance head and it makes my skin so clear and glowy. I still get occasional pimples on my forehead but they disappear faster since I started using this nightly. My blackheads are going away too! I still have puffy undereyes but they are less pronounced, and my skin overall looks so nice. If you have the money and see this on sale I'd say go for it! I'm so glad I did.

on 9/29/2017 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I used to own the Clarisonic Plus (Pro version), but after 5 years my Plus model no longer holds a charge; so I was forced to buy a new one. I was lucky enough to come across the Mia 1 model (on sale - yay); and decided to purchase. My Clarisonic Mia 1 came with a USB charger that is magnetic and holds on to the front of the handle to charge (I use my iPhone accessory to connect the USB so i can charge to a wall outlet), and a radiance brush head which I really love as it’s not rough on my sensitive and acne prone skin. My verdict: I like it! It is easy to use, has 1 speed, and is the simplest Clarisonic out there. Tbh after assessing my needs/wants: the timer and the different speeds (bells and whistles) is a plus to have (haha see what I did there); but based on my experience after using the Clarisonic Plus; I only gravitated to one speed and hardly used it on my body. So if you have a simple facial cleansing routine and just need to wash your face in peace without the constant beeping - then I recommend this model (Mia 1) At first having no timer threw me off; but with constant use you get used to it. I also liked the idea of customizing my cleansing time to the area of my face that needed the extra scrub. The Mia 1 model will work well for individuals that have a simple facial cleansing routine and have no intentions of using the device for the rest of their body.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a pale pink one of these Clarisonics and it's interesting. I had the original model years ago and didn't really like it. Perhaps it is the fact the Mia is a lot lighter weight and I have a bit of arthritis in my hands. The Mia 1 is just easier for me to hold.

The charger is also very new: it's an induction charger and it clings magnetically to the base and charges either USB or with an adapter for AC current.

I really noticed how wonderful my over 65 year old skin looks after using it. The light brush doesn't irritate me and I can really see a difference, even the first time.

The charger is also a lot less of a space-hog. You can put it in a drawer, no need for a cradle.

There isn't the beeping for moving from quadrant to quadrant on your face, but you can figure that out yourself. The speed is the lower of the two on the Pro and it really shouldn't be used with the body scrubbing head, so if you use one of these to exfoliate legs for pre-fake tanning. you'd be better off with the pro.

I have to say, the smaller unit is great for me and I find I use it now a lot because it's not a chore to hold it.

I've been wanting to purchase my first clarisonic forever. I ordered the mia1 in electric pink, because i loved the berry, purplish fuchsia color on the picture on the official clarisonic website, however when i received it looked neon barby pink, the color that i really, really dislike. You may say color doesn't really matter if it works well, but it's a big deal for me, because it gives a certain mood, i like things that are pleasing my eyes. Moreover, i want to know exactly what i'm gonna get for the money im spending, considering it's price and the fact that it is a high-end item. I can not return it, because currently i live outside of the US and i had to ask my friend to order this for me, while he temporarily was in U.S.A. So, obviously nobody will refund my money. This neon barby pink color frustrates me every time i hold the device, It looks cheap and not luxerious for it's price at all, looking more like a kid's toy. I'm very disapointed by this purchase. In fact, the device itself works pretty well, leaving my skin smooth and clean, it tickles my nose so much i can't bare it. Also i found out i would like speed variety, so i guess mia 2 or other types of clarisonic devices will be a better option. I feel like the product is overpriced, so it's best to wait for holidays and sales, to buy it at a good value. I think clarisonic should post the pictures of how devices look for real, instead of photoshoping and creating things that don't exist, especially considering the fact that devices are actually of a good quality. It is not fair to the customers. I do not recomend buying it (at least online) since you are getting an item with mystery color that you may not like at all. I do not think people should be getting "bad surprises" like i did for their money, which they worked hard to earn. I have contacted them on social medias, and got no response. I also have written a review on clarisonic website, but they didn't post it backing it up by "Your review didn't meet our guidelines", which i checked beforehand. I guess they only welcome the positive reviews, which gives me a bad impression about the company for sure.

I am so glad I invested in a Clarisonic Mia. I have had mine for over 2 years now and it still looks and works like new. I can feel a difference in how well my moisturizer works compared to when I don't use the brush. I use it everyday in the shower. If the battery does and I forget to charge it (I only charge when the battery dies, about every 10 days or so), my routine feels incomplete. I also have bought the Mia as a gift for my sister and mom. My sister has been using it for a couple of weeks and likes it. My mom isn't good about using hers regularly, but I think that it is because she doesn't follow a routine the way i do. It is worth the price- definitely a high quality investment!

It's a nice device to wash your face with - it cleans and leaves your face feeling smooth and calm. But please do not expect miracles from this! It's designed to wash your face and that's literally all it does. It does not give you anything more.
I think some people read too far into this product. It's great for what it is, but it's nothing more than an electric face cleaning brush.

on 11/24/2016 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using my clarisonic 4-7x/week for a year and have moved up to the deep cleaning brush. My skin is used to intense exfoliation since I've been using AHAs & BHAs for 20+years, and the clarisonic is icing on the cake. Nothing cleans end of day makeup off better. I generally use it after Garnier or Simple micellar water.

I was so impressed by the clarisonic that I bought the Ulta sonic cleanser b/c it comes with silicone brushes. I use this to "power drive" my lotions & potions at night. It's made a lovely difference and is relaxing. The Ulta brush isn't as powerful as the clarisonic, but I expected that & for this use it wasn't necessary.

There is something called the clarisonic purge that occurs for some people, so don't be surprised if after initially using it or going back to it after a hiatus if your skin experiences red bumps. This subsides quickly. Adequately moisturize to protect this newly revealed skin, and never forget a strong sunscreen :)

on 11/24/2016 2:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This device has a lot of very good reviews so I went out and bought one, it cost me about $120, which was ok, and it came with one sensitive brush head, so that was ok. I thought that I would enjoy it because of the reviews and I also have a Conair Spin Brush that I currently use so I didn't think that wasn't too much of a difference. Well the Mia2 was a delight to use but the brush heads was very harsh on my skin, the brush was irritate my skin and make it sting,and this was a sensitive brush head! The Mia2 was a very good way to cleanse your skin but don't use this every day, every other day would be more better on your skin. The brushes are harsh so now I need to buy a Cashmere or Ultra Soft head which will run me about $40 (per head), Whew! Ouch!! Very good device, except for the heads, to get one that fit your skin type may cost you a bit of money so be very careful, and the brush heads aren't too easy to find without going straight to the Clarisonic website, PRICEY!! If I had to do this over again I would not go with the Clarisonic Mia2, I would find one more gentle, but I already have it now, so I'm ok with it, Oh well!!!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools