Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

on 9/29/2017 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I used to own the Clarisonic Plus (Pro version), but after 5 years my Plus model no longer holds a charge; so I was forced to buy a new one. I was lucky enough to come across the Mia 1 model (on sale - yay); and decided to purchase. My Clarisonic Mia 1 came with a USB charger that is magnetic and holds on to the front of the handle to charge (I use my iPhone accessory to connect the USB so i can charge to a wall outlet), and a radiance brush head which I really love as it’s not rough on my sensitive and acne prone skin. My verdict: I like it! It is easy to use, has 1 speed, and is the simplest Clarisonic out there. Tbh after assessing my needs/wants: the timer and the different speeds (bells and whistles) is a plus to have (haha see what I did there); but based on my experience after using the Clarisonic Plus; I only gravitated to one speed and hardly used it on my body. So if you have a simple facial cleansing routine and just need to wash your face in peace without the constant beeping - then I recommend this model (Mia 1) At first having no timer threw me off; but with constant use you get used to it. I also liked the idea of customizing my cleansing time to the area of my face that needed the extra scrub. The Mia 1 model will work well for individuals that have a simple facial cleansing routine and have no intentions of using the device for the rest of their body.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a pale pink one of these Clarisonics and it's interesting. I had the original model years ago and didn't really like it. Perhaps it is the fact the Mia is a lot lighter weight and I have a bit of arthritis in my hands. The Mia 1 is just easier for me to hold.

The charger is also very new: it's an induction charger and it clings magnetically to the base and charges either USB or with an adapter for AC current.

I really noticed how wonderful my over 65 year old skin looks after using it. The light brush doesn't irritate me and I can really see a difference, even the first time.

The charger is also a lot less of a space-hog. You can put it in a drawer, no need for a cradle.

There isn't the beeping for moving from quadrant to quadrant on your face, but you can figure that out yourself. The speed is the lower of the two on the Pro and it really shouldn't be used with the body scrubbing head, so if you use one of these to exfoliate legs for pre-fake tanning. you'd be better off with the pro.

I have to say, the smaller unit is great for me and I find I use it now a lot because it's not a chore to hold it.

I am so glad I invested in a Clarisonic Mia. I have had mine for over 2 years now and it still looks and works like new. I can feel a difference in how well my moisturizer works compared to when I don't use the brush. I use it everyday in the shower. If the battery does and I forget to charge it (I only charge when the battery dies, about every 10 days or so), my routine feels incomplete. I also have bought the Mia as a gift for my sister and mom. My sister has been using it for a couple of weeks and likes it. My mom isn't good about using hers regularly, but I think that it is because she doesn't follow a routine the way i do. It is worth the price- definitely a high quality investment!

on 11/24/2016 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using my clarisonic 4-7x/week for a year and have moved up to the deep cleaning brush. My skin is used to intense exfoliation since I've been using AHAs & BHAs for 20+years, and the clarisonic is icing on the cake. Nothing cleans end of day makeup off better. I generally use it after Garnier or Simple micellar water.

I was so impressed by the clarisonic that I bought the Ulta sonic cleanser b/c it comes with silicone brushes. I use this to "power drive" my lotions & potions at night. It's made a lovely difference and is relaxing. The Ulta brush isn't as powerful as the clarisonic, but I expected that & for this use it wasn't necessary.

There is something called the clarisonic purge that occurs for some people, so don't be surprised if after initially using it or going back to it after a hiatus if your skin experiences red bumps. This subsides quickly. Adequately moisturize to protect this newly revealed skin, and never forget a strong sunscreen :)

It's a nice device to wash your face with - it cleans and leaves your face feeling smooth and calm. But please do not expect miracles from this! It's designed to wash your face and that's literally all it does. It does not give you anything more.
I think some people read too far into this product. It's great for what it is, but it's nothing more than an electric face cleaning brush.

I've been wanting to purchase my first clarisonic forever. I ordered the mia1 in electric pink, because i loved the berry, purplish fuchsia color on the picture on the official clarisonic website, however when i received it looked neon barby pink, the color that i really, really dislike. You may say color doesn't really matter if it works well, but it's a big deal for me, because it gives a certain mood, i like things that are pleasing my eyes. Moreover, i want to know exactly what i'm gonna get for the money im spending, considering it's price and the fact that it is a high-end item. I can not return it, because currently i live outside of the US and i had to ask my friend to order this for me, while he temporarily was in U.S.A. So, obviously nobody will refund my money. This neon barby pink color frustrates me every time i hold the device, It looks cheap and not luxerious for it's price at all, looking more like a kid's toy. I'm very disapointed by this purchase. In fact, the device itself works pretty well, leaving my skin smooth and clean, it tickles my nose so much i can't bare it. Also i found out i would like speed variety, so i guess mia 2 or other types of clarisonic devices will be a better option. I feel like the product is overpriced, so it's best to wait for holidays and sales, to buy it at a good value. I think clarisonic should post the pictures of how devices look for real, instead of photoshoping and creating things that don't exist, especially considering the fact that devices are actually of a good quality. It is not fair to the customers. I do not recomend buying it (at least online) since you are getting an item with mystery color that you may not like at all. I do not think people should be getting "bad surprises" like i did for their money, which they worked hard to earn. I have contacted them on social medias, and got no response. I also have written a review on clarisonic website, but they didn't post it backing it up by "Your review didn't meet our guidelines", which i checked beforehand. I guess they only welcome the positive reviews, which gives me a bad impression about the company for sure.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I received the Clarisonic Mia for Christmas with the Keith Haring packaging. The packaging is gorgeous, and it came with a mini tube of cleanser which I am yet to try.

I am pretty lax with using the Clarisonic, I probably only do it 3-4 times a week. I really like it though - I find that it feels nicer to put make-up on after I've used it, and it also feels like it takes my make-up off really thoroughly as well.

I didn't experience the breakout some people did, but my skin isn't very sensitive so maybe that helped. I haven't changed the brush head yet (naughty) but would be keen to check out some of the other ones.

on 11/24/2016 2:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This device has a lot of very good reviews so I went out and bought one, it cost me about $120, which was ok, and it came with one sensitive brush head, so that was ok. I thought that I would enjoy it because of the reviews and I also have a Conair Spin Brush that I currently use so I didn't think that wasn't too much of a difference. Well the Mia2 was a delight to use but the brush heads was very harsh on my skin, the brush was irritate my skin and make it sting,and this was a sensitive brush head! The Mia2 was a very good way to cleanse your skin but don't use this every day, every other day would be more better on your skin. The brushes are harsh so now I need to buy a Cashmere or Ultra Soft head which will run me about $40 (per head), Whew! Ouch!! Very good device, except for the heads, to get one that fit your skin type may cost you a bit of money so be very careful, and the brush heads aren't too easy to find without going straight to the Clarisonic website, PRICEY!! If I had to do this over again I would not go with the Clarisonic Mia2, I would find one more gentle, but I already have it now, so I'm ok with it, Oh well!!!

on 9/26/2016 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have been using my Clairsonic twice a day for two years. I use the cashmere brush. It's very gentle. It is the one tool that I would not give up.

Every girl needs one!

This thing is well made and the cashmere brush head works best with my sensitive skin. I buy any old cheap brush head on sale and I swap that out for my feet. As a foot scrubber is is divine!!! If I had to repurchase I would probably get the new one that looks sort of like a pot scrubber because the Mia is sort of bulky to me. And I wish the charge lasted longer. But this thing is so well made it will probably never break.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools