Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

on 11/24/2016 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using my clarisonic 4-7x/week for a year and have moved up to the deep cleaning brush. My skin is used to intense exfoliation since I've been using AHAs & BHAs for 20+years, and the clarisonic is icing on the cake. Nothing cleans end of day makeup off better. I generally use it after Garnier or Simple micellar water.

I was so impressed by the clarisonic that I bought the Ulta sonic cleanser b/c it comes with silicone brushes. I use this to "power drive" my lotions & potions at night. It's made a lovely difference and is relaxing. The Ulta brush isn't as powerful as the clarisonic, but I expected that & for this use it wasn't necessary.

There is something called the clarisonic purge that occurs for some people, so don't be surprised if after initially using it or going back to it after a hiatus if your skin experiences red bumps. This subsides quickly. Adequately moisturize to protect this newly revealed skin, and never forget a strong sunscreen :)

on 11/24/2016 2:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This device has a lot of very good reviews so I went out and bought one, it cost me about $120, which was ok, and it came with one sensitive brush head, so that was ok. I thought that I would enjoy it because of the reviews and I also have a Conair Spin Brush that I currently use so I didn't think that wasn't too much of a difference. Well the Mia2 was a delight to use but the brush heads was very harsh on my skin, the brush was irritate my skin and make it sting,and this was a sensitive brush head! The Mia2 was a very good way to cleanse your skin but don't use this every day, every other day would be more better on your skin. The brushes are harsh so now I need to buy a Cashmere or Ultra Soft head which will run me about $40 (per head), Whew! Ouch!! Very good device, except for the heads, to get one that fit your skin type may cost you a bit of money so be very careful, and the brush heads aren't too easy to find without going straight to the Clarisonic website, PRICEY!! If I had to do this over again I would not go with the Clarisonic Mia2, I would find one more gentle, but I already have it now, so I'm ok with it, Oh well!!!

To Read all 1093 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/26/2016 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have been using my Clairsonic twice a day for two years. I use the cashmere brush. It's very gentle. It is the one tool that I would not give up.

Every girl needs one!

This thing is well made and the cashmere brush head works best with my sensitive skin. I buy any old cheap brush head on sale and I swap that out for my feet. As a foot scrubber is is divine!!! If I had to repurchase I would probably get the new one that looks sort of like a pot scrubber because the Mia is sort of bulky to me. And I wish the charge lasted longer. But this thing is so well made it will probably never break.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I received the Clarisonic Mia for Christmas with the Keith Haring packaging. The packaging is gorgeous, and it came with a mini tube of cleanser which I am yet to try.

I am pretty lax with using the Clarisonic, I probably only do it 3-4 times a week. I really like it though - I find that it feels nicer to put make-up on after I've used it, and it also feels like it takes my make-up off really thoroughly as well.

I didn't experience the breakout some people did, but my skin isn't very sensitive so maybe that helped. I haven't changed the brush head yet (naughty) but would be keen to check out some of the other ones.

on 7/19/2016 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this Clarisonic in February this year. I didn't use it as I had a face wash I loved and I didn't want the clarisonic to ruin my skin potentially. I was rummaging through my wardrobe trying to look for something and came across my Clarisonic again - I decided to use it. Prior to using it, I always felt like reviews of the Clarisonic were somewhat skewed, like sensationalized because it's so expensive and they feel like justifying to themselves to make them feel better about paying for something that didn't really work as well as they thought... How I was wrong!
I wash the head, put my cleanser on the head and turned it on. It didn't really feel like it was doing anything... It actually felt tenuous and cumbersome in comparison to washing my face 'manually'. I dried my face and was amazed how clean my face felt (you know how your teeth feel so clean after using an electric toothbrush vs a manual toothbrush? Yeah - that sort of clean!) and felt so smooth; I was beginning to wonder why I hadn't used it before?! The following morning, I saw my face and thought—wow—my acne went down and my skin was glowing, it gave me a similar feel to Paula's Choice BHA 2% liquid (which I also LOVE). I am using it religiously with my cleanser 2x a day and see how it goes. I would suggest, my Clarisonic came with a 90 day guarantee (or something similar) so if you're not happy within 90 days - your money will be refunded, so you don't really have nothing to lose! I love my clarisonic like I love my electric toothbrush!

on 6/24/2016 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I said I would repurchase it if something happened to mine, but i'm not 100% sure about that. From September-early January I was having really bad break outs and couldn't wait to get my clarisonic for Christmas. I definitely think it made me break out some at the begging, which is expected. But I went down to using it only at night instead of morning and night. I do think combined with everything else I started to use, it helped my skin. And it does feel like a deeper clean than just using your fingers but I don't use it every night like I initially did. I don't think it's worth $150, either. Luckily I got it as a gift but that's crazy. I did switch the head that was on it to the deep pore cleansing one that also came with it but i'm not going to be happy when I have to pay $30 for a new one. Overall I do like it and am glad I have it but at this point, I don't think it would be the end of the world if I didn't have it.

on 6/18/2016 7:44:00 AM

I've had the Mia with the sensitive brush head for 2 years now. I have slightly sensitive, combination skin with stubborn pores and dry skin on nose.

When I first had the Mia I was using this religiously daily as it cleans better than my fingers and cleans pores, though not all pores, the stubborn nose pores. I must say it felt pretty good but after a while my skin became slightly sensitive to the 'sensitive' brush head. I'm using retin a.

It cleans better than fingers but it's not as good as my exfoliator for those stubborn flakes and nose pores. It's an in betweener.

After a while I got too lazy to use daily and now it sits by my bath tub now and when I wind down and take a bath, I just pop my cetaphil cleanser and dip in the tub water and hold this over my face whilst lying in the tub. I don't rotate too fast as it makes my face sensitive, like it's a bit irritated.

I wish I could change the colour of my Mia as mine is hot pink, I want a more mature and sophisticated colour like black or grey, something that goes with my bath decor. Wish the Mia has ability to change the cover. But no big deal.

If I lost this I would definitely by this again as it is now part of my pamper facial routine :)

on 6/17/2016 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I've combo, acne prone skin. I bought this on a whim and have no regrets. My skin's clearer, pores are smaller and I haven't had a break out in over two weeks. I use the sensitive brush head that it came with and Neutrogena's foaming face wash . The result is more than satisfactory.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Works well but is a bit expensive for how effective it is. This works well but just wasn't worth the price and I didn't see a huge change in my skin or pores. Didn't notice irritation just a whole lot of nothing

Popular Misc Beauty Tools