Clarisonic Mia

Plastic

on 7/28/2016 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I purchased this in a fit of desperation after getting nasty clogged pores from cleansing with micellar water (that's a whole other story).
I hoped the Clarisonic device would help deep clean and unclog the pores on my nose, but it didn't seem to do anything more than a good manual wash with a drugstore cleanser would do. I have used it many times, and find it to be just okay. I regret spending that much money on something I don't love. I can live without it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I received the Clarisonic Mia for Christmas with the Keith Haring packaging. The packaging is gorgeous, and it came with a mini tube of cleanser which I am yet to try.

I am pretty lax with using the Clarisonic, I probably only do it 3-4 times a week. I really like it though - I find that it feels nicer to put make-up on after I've used it, and it also feels like it takes my make-up off really thoroughly as well.

I didn't experience the breakout some people did, but my skin isn't very sensitive so maybe that helped. I haven't changed the brush head yet (naughty) but would be keen to check out some of the other ones.

To Read all 1091 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/19/2016 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this Clarisonic in February this year. I didn't use it as I had a face wash I loved and I didn't want the clarisonic to ruin my skin potentially. I was rummaging through my wardrobe trying to look for something and came across my Clarisonic again - I decided to use it. Prior to using it, I always felt like reviews of the Clarisonic were somewhat skewed, like sensationalized because it's so expensive and they feel like justifying to themselves to make them feel better about paying for something that didn't really work as well as they thought... How I was wrong!
I wash the head, put my cleanser on the head and turned it on. It didn't really feel like it was doing anything... It actually felt tenuous and cumbersome in comparison to washing my face 'manually'. I dried my face and was amazed how clean my face felt (you know how your teeth feel so clean after using an electric toothbrush vs a manual toothbrush? Yeah - that sort of clean!) and felt so smooth; I was beginning to wonder why I hadn't used it before?! The following morning, I saw my face and thought—wow—my acne went down and my skin was glowing, it gave me a similar feel to Paula's Choice BHA 2% liquid (which I also LOVE). I am using it religiously with my cleanser 2x a day and see how it goes. I would suggest, my Clarisonic came with a 90 day guarantee (or something similar) so if you're not happy within 90 days - your money will be refunded, so you don't really have nothing to lose! I love my clarisonic like I love my electric toothbrush!

on 6/24/2016 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I said I would repurchase it if something happened to mine, but i'm not 100% sure about that. From September-early January I was having really bad break outs and couldn't wait to get my clarisonic for Christmas. I definitely think it made me break out some at the begging, which is expected. But I went down to using it only at night instead of morning and night. I do think combined with everything else I started to use, it helped my skin. And it does feel like a deeper clean than just using your fingers but I don't use it every night like I initially did. I don't think it's worth $150, either. Luckily I got it as a gift but that's crazy. I did switch the head that was on it to the deep pore cleansing one that also came with it but i'm not going to be happy when I have to pay $30 for a new one. Overall I do like it and am glad I have it but at this point, I don't think it would be the end of the world if I didn't have it.

on 6/18/2016 7:44:00 AM

I've had the Mia with the sensitive brush head for 2 years now. I have slightly sensitive, combination skin with stubborn pores and dry skin on nose.

When I first had the Mia I was using this religiously daily as it cleans better than my fingers and cleans pores, though not all pores, the stubborn nose pores. I must say it felt pretty good but after a while my skin became slightly sensitive to the 'sensitive' brush head. I'm using retin a.

It cleans better than fingers but it's not as good as my exfoliator for those stubborn flakes and nose pores. It's an in betweener.

After a while I got too lazy to use daily and now it sits by my bath tub now and when I wind down and take a bath, I just pop my cetaphil cleanser and dip in the tub water and hold this over my face whilst lying in the tub. I don't rotate too fast as it makes my face sensitive, like it's a bit irritated.

I wish I could change the colour of my Mia as mine is hot pink, I want a more mature and sophisticated colour like black or grey, something that goes with my bath decor. Wish the Mia has ability to change the cover. But no big deal.

If I lost this I would definitely by this again as it is now part of my pamper facial routine :)

on 6/17/2016 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I've combo, acne prone skin. I bought this on a whim and have no regrets. My skin's clearer, pores are smaller and I haven't had a break out in over two weeks. I use the sensitive brush head that it came with and Neutrogena's foaming face wash . The result is more than satisfactory.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Works well but is a bit expensive for how effective it is. This works well but just wasn't worth the price and I didn't see a huge change in my skin or pores. Didn't notice irritation just a whole lot of nothing

Been using as an exfoliator for a long time now. I didn't have serious skin problems previously, but my issues were: very visible/large pores around nose/top of cheek, redness around nose/cheeks, breakouts around hairline, sometimes chin and cheeks. I almost always had at least one red spot (I hate the word pimple!) on my face- usually small, but still very annoying at age 34. After using the Mia for a week, I am pleased to say that I currently have no breakout spots, my pores are less visible, my redness is reduced and my skin is softer.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just a great tool all the way around! Add me to the legions of devoted fans of this. I bought this instead of the regular size Clarisonic, because I travel, and this is more portable.I've battled skin issues since my teen years. Acne, spots, unevenness. Occasional dry spots. Not horrible, but still enough to make me feel inferior :(
I love the super clean feeling I get with Mia, and yes, my skin products are working more effectively. I can see some of my spots starting to fade, because I am also using retin products. My face feels softer and smoother than ever before.

on 5/26/2016 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased the Mia 1, and have been happy with the results. I wash my face once before normaly and then use the clarisonic. In the mornings my face feels much cleaner than before, eventhough I have used the congnac sponges for cleansing before. According to Paula's Choice the Clarisonic Mia does not rotate unlike all the other cleansing items but instead moves back and forth which is ideal for not over irretating/ straining the skin. Btw I use the Cashmere brush which is ideal for my sensitive skin :)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools