MAC Cosmetics Lustre Lipstick - Syrup

MAC Cosmetics Lustre Lipstick - Syrup

4.4

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 12/7/2018 8:38:00 AM

MAC Syrup is my go to lipstick for everyday use.
It is a neutral pink, although it looks purplish light brown in the tube.

On me, it looks like a nude pink, and it is a great color for the everyday look that is put-together but yet not loud or screams for attention.

I like MAC Syrup for the tad of pink it gives to brighten my look.
My Estee Lauder Crystal baby is a tad too light (it has slight orange brown tones) and looks very sheer

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This was my back to Mac freebie and I have to say it is perfect as MLBB. Nothing to complain about here and it's sheer enough to apply without a mirror.

on 12/14/2017 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great lipstick! For me, I do not wear bright pink or red. This is somewhere in between on me and not too bright but brighter than my normal MAC lipsticks. This is a beautiful shade!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Very pretty sheer bright cool mauvey pink. Major complaints are it doesn't last, bleeds our of lip line and feels like a tinted balm. I love mac lipsticks, but so dislike the lustre finish. Same complaint with mac capricious lustre. Stick with mac satins, creme sheers, frosts and amplified for long wear and color pay off.

on 10/19/2017 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love MAC's Lustre/Sheer line, have several shades, as well as several from Urban Decay's sheer line.. They are a nice switch up from a fully opaque lip, though these can be built up, I prefer to apply them in a sheer manner. They don't last super long, but that's expected since they aren't a matte formula. This translates as a sheer rosy/mauve tone on my NW25ish skin tone... Definitely recommend.

on 9/12/2017 6:02:00 PM

This color is gorgeous and I see why so many people love it. It looks good on so many skin tones and is the perfect every day lip color if you want to look polished. This is a go-to for me when I don't want to think too hard about what makeup I want to wear that day. I also really love the Lustre formula. Wear-time isn't as long as other formulas but it does leave a hint of color behind.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of those rare lipsticks, which I give all 5 stars to. Packaging, price, quality - amazing.

It looks very boring in the tube, kind of like mweh, especially when you compare it to their bestselling shades like Ruby Woo or Diva. But if you want that easy to wear, everyday, sexy lip colour - check out Syrup. It will literally suit every single complexion, will look fab on every single woman despite the age and feel so good on the lips, I talk more about it here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/07/04/Products-Worth-The-Hype-Summer-2017). Highly recommend it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this lipstick...
It is usually described as neutral shade. I found it quite cool and really doesn't look well on me.
It is a lustre shade and shiny - sheer so you can build it.

Wanted to add my review because of skin tone comment, I would have appreciated a comment about that...

On my fair skin this colour definitely translates as a bright colour, rather than MLBB. It's wearable for everyday/office, because it is sheer. Since it is sheer and glossy I wish it was more moisturizing than it is, it can dry out my lips. That said, I love this colour and reach of it often- it is very flattering on my pale skin (neutral/olive undertone). I would describe it as a cool-leaning mauve/pink colour.

on 3/3/2017 11:59:00 PM

I have been looking for an MLBB shade for forever, and MAC Syrup is it!! I had seen this one recommended so many times but I always thought it was too pink for me since I don't wear colorful lips, but after trying numerous different lipsticks, I finally decided to try it out. AMAZING. Great formula, great color payoff. It doesn't last for too long but that's okay with me, I don't mind reapplying every couple hours.
I'll also say that I have dry lips pretty regularly. I hadn't exfoliated, primed, or used any lip liner before trying this one on and I couldn't even tell the difference. It shows absolutely no flakes, lines, or dry areas and I'm in love. Every previous lipstick showed all the flaws in my lips but not this one.
I used to hate wearing lipstick, and this one I'm actually excited to put on!