3.4

price range

Reviews

from

a year ago

Price: OK. I'm spoiled by my Tresemme conditioner (especially when it goes on sale, which is often). Packaging: Nice. Great control over how much comes out. Good, solid snap-shut seal when you close the top. The tapered shape makes it easy to grip in your hand and I can tell it will also make it easier to get the last bit out when the bottle is done. Product: Here's the thing. They're hyping the oils, which are definitely there to prevent hair from feeling overly stripped after using it - especially if you dilute it in your hands with water - but I feel like this shampoo is all about the protein. It might not be enough for those with severely damaged hair, but for those who only need a modest protein boost every now and then (most low porosity or coarse-haired people in particular) might do well to have this or one of the other Fructis shampoos in rotation to steady their protein/moisture balance. I'm mostly medium (also a lot of fine) haired, low porosity, and I've found this was just what I needed to LIGHTLY boost my protein levels when my hair structure (and curl definition!) needed a lift. I don't use heat or do any kind of processing so in my case it was mainly a matter of nothing but moisture-based products for way too long (so hair felt good while it was wet but dried rough). Those that need a small but steady dose of protein might also benefit from this actually (perhaps people with relatively mild processing/heat damage, or fine-medium and otherwise healthy hair). The only reason I took a star off the overall rating is because I don't understand why sodium benzoate needs to be so high up on the ingredient list, and I would prefer my shampoos not have silicones in them, though I have found amodimethicone in particular to have good enough properties that I can let this slide. In a nutshell if you're BOTH protein and moisture deficient like I was before using this shampoo (and a conditioner from another Fructis line) for a few goes, then this might be for you. I might retool this review later, but for now I hope this helps folks who are confused about all the conflicting reviews.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

1.0

a year ago

It says sulfate free but it has sulfates. Left my hair dry and frizzy

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

5 years ago

This is my favorite shampoo. I have very long thick and dry chemically treated hair and I had been looking for a good shampoo or leave in conditioner that would make my hair shiny and soft again. I bought more expensive products but nothing seemed to work so I just went back to this shampoo & conditioner(i had used this years before I had started dying my hair) and my hair is shiny and smooth again. My ends don't feel super dry as the used to and now I can run my fingers through my hair without my hair turning into a matted mess

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

I bought this because everyone around me was using garnier frutis. It smells like apricots.. as for the shampoo-it washes my long,thick, wavy hair well. conditioner left my hair in good condition and smelling alright. My long hair was easy to comb thru. I didnt like the cap. It seemed like it would break easily on multiple bottles that I purchased. Overall--works well for the price and I would toss this shampoo/conditioner into my shampoo/conditioner rotation..

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

6 years ago

Let me start off by saying that I can't stand Garnier shampoos because they have always left my hair dry and crunchy. I picked up the shampoo and conditioner only because I had coupons and they came out to 50cents a piece...my hubby could always use them. The new yellow design was nice and the smell is wonderful. Used it last night and I can already tell that I'm going to like it. Hair was left soft and shiny!!!!!! Very surprised that I like it, will be buying more with or without a coupon.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

2.0

6 years ago

I am reviewing the new yellow bottle packaging with avocado, almond, and olive oil. This shampoo worked great for my dry, thick, frizzy, and dull hair. It gave me moisture and tamed my horrible frizz. HOWEVER I think this has an apricot/frui smell.. that after using this shampoo for almost a month my hair and scalp started to develop this gross and weird smell... I would try a different shampoo for a couple of days and the problem went away. Then started using the triple nutrition again and the weird rubber like smell would come back. If I could describe it..it would be like a rubber smell... I would not repurchase because of the smell this gave my scalp and hair..!! even my mom made a comment on the smell from this shampoo when she hugged me once and asked, "Why does your hair/scalp stink?!" I have half a bottle left and I'll just use it as hand soap or body wash since I feel bad for wasting product by throwing it away. I'll recycle the bottle. If this was fragrance free or didn't stink like the Pure Clean shampoo then I would be loving this. Seriously avoid if you want to avoid smell hair and scalp!

About reviewer (227 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

6 years ago

These were giveaways in my local drug store packaged into those foil packs of three. The cashier was literally pushing them on me (I think she was getting rid of them) and I happily obliged! So yes, you get three products in the set. The first is the Fortifying Shampoo, which is thick, creamy and spreads out really fast to cover the whole heat in suds. I got two full shampoos out of that one little packet which is a good costs savings. The shampoo is very sudsy and it seemed to have light oils in it like the description says and NOT loaded with the heavy silicones. I see a bunch of oils in the ingredients like olive, black currant, almond, shea, castor. They are LIGHT. My hair is thick, heavy, coarse and even after the rinse I could see the shine in my hair. I would not hesitate to buy this again.

About reviewer (365 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

6 years ago

This is a very good shampoo for extremely dry, frizzy brittle hair. I have straight mildly dry hair and this shampoo leaves my hair so oily looking as if I hadn't showered in days :/ Will definitely use the regular formula instead :) But very very good for those of you with extremely dry frizzy brittle hair. My mom is pre-menopausal and this has been doing wonders for her hair :)

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlack

2.0

6 years ago

This is my least favorite shampoo out of the ones I've tried. The scent is really nice but it didn't do much for my hair other than make it really flat and greasy. I couldn't wait to wash it at the end of the day. Definitely do not recommend for any hair types as my hair is straight and fine and this made it look awful.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

1.0

6 years ago

Leaves my hair greasy and stringy- I hate it so much I want to cry

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29