3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

15 days ago

This mascara provides instant dramatic lashes with volume, fullness and length with only one coat. The formula is wonderful. The biggest obstacle of this mascara is the brush. While I prefer the dense, thick bristle brush, this brush is very cumbersome and unwielding. It is large with an S-shape to it. Some who have more deep set eyes may find it especially messy in application. In finding the best way to use this brush, I thought that the convex part of the brush was best in distributing the product and then using the concave part of the brush to separate and lift the lashes. Because Lancome mascaras tend to be wet, it did allow time to work with the product to remove any clumping. Once the mascara is dry, the wear time is excellent with no flaking.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Coarse

EyesBrown

a month ago

Lancôme Hypnose Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara works. I use the waterproof version because my eyes water. This mascara does the job, full volume lashes that curl nicely. Most importantly once it is on it does not come off. No flaking, no breaking, nothing. Of course this is a problem when you try to get it off. I use Lancome cleaner but it doesn't get it all off. Still searching for the perfect cleaner... I guess

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBrown

3 months ago

This is an ok product. I prefer the original version much better for being less thick and not so lumpy. Yet if someone likes a bold thick looking lash, it might be a good choice. There is a decent amount of fall out though. Could be old product in my case, don't know.

About reviewer (409 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

4 months ago

This is my new favorite mascara! It really does an amazing job lengthening my short eyelashes. It volumizes like crazy too! My eyelashes go from short and blonde to long, black and full lashes. I would use the eyelash primer also, it makes them even bigger and better looking!

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinNormal

1.0

5 months ago

Bought 2 Hypnose Drama mascaras direct from Lancome. Went to use the first once I had finished my previous Hypnose mascara to discover it was thick, lumpy and unusable. I returned the items asking for them to be replaced and heard nothing. It took a while to get Lancome to reply but was eventually told that the items had been destroyed on return and as I had not returned within 14 days then hard luck. I then wrote and quoted the Sale of Goods Act and received no reply at all. £40 plus spent and nothing to show for it. I now refuse to buy Lancome or anything L'Oreal - the parent company plus anything Maybelline or Garnier as they are all the same company. Avoid.

SkinNormal, Fair

EyesBlue

5 months ago

Well, well, well, I didn't expect to like this mascara as much as I do. It gives absolutely amazing volume and long lashes plus it doesn't irritate my eyes. If it didn't flake so much, it would be my favourite mascara!

About reviewer (280 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

9 months ago

I find myself coming back to this again and again as a topcoat for any other mascara. Before I leave for work I put on a topcoat of this to supplement any mascara that was down as a basecoat such as IT superhero BENEFIT bad gal bang or even definicils. It really adds definition and especially volume. Makes a huge difference!

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

a year ago

Meh. This mascara comes out clumpy and leaves my lashes looking spiky - not the full, fluttery look I am after. It's disappointing considering its price - there are drugstore mascaras which costs a lot less and work a lot better. On the plus side, it stays on all day long without any smudging or flaking (if a mascara leaves me with raccoon eyes, it goes into the garbage right away). Unlike a few other reviewers who found it hard to remove, I found it comes off easily with makeup remover, just like any other mascara.

About reviewer (602 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0

a year ago

I received this as a gift and all I can say is I'm glad I didn't pay for it! The tube lacks a stopper so tons of product comes out on the brush. The brush itself is oddly bent in a way that I have trouble coordinating. The product itself is thick and gloopy. It gives me spider lashes. The only way I can save this is to glop some on and then use some Maybelline Define A Lash to comb through the lashes and separate them. It does stay on all day, but then is totally hard to remove even with cold cream. I'd skip it if I were you, especially at this price point!

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesGray

a year ago

this is my favorite mascara ever you don't think it's going to fo much and BAM holy eye lashes Lancome out fid themselves with this one

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium