Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 2/23/2017 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used to swear by the MAC Fluidline and Bobbi Brown long wear gel eyeliners, so I'm so glad I stumbled across this one! In my opinion, it's a brilliant dupe of both for a fraction of a price. I have fair skin so I use the brown shade every day (it's still dark, just a little softer than black, and looks lovely with blue eyes) and I also have blackest black for a more dramatic night-time look.
They're both really pigmented, they glide on effortlessly, are quick drying and don't smudge once dry.

My only slight criticism would be that I sometimes find by the end of the day the wings/ tips have worn away a little, but it's nothing major and for the money saved, I'm happy to live with it. (I should say though, I do have fairly dry skin so I can't comment on the lasting power for people with oilier lids).

I think a pot probably lasts me about 4-5 months of everyday use, and doesn't dry out in the pot over time- which I did find happened with the Mac & Bobbi Brown liners.

Since finding this, I've not gone back to the higher end products- I've repurchased many times and will continue to do so.
Would definitely recommend giving it a try!

on 2/22/2017 5:24:00 AM

This is a great little product! I have it in black noir I believe (might be blackest black, sorry) and it's perfect. The black is a true, vibrant black which is great, as I find a lot of product look a bit dull once on my skin. One layer is all that's needed to achieve a crisp, clear line and it's not overly creamy, which personally I like, as it stays where I put it

I usually use this one for a bit of a smokier look, or just to add definition to my lash line, but its great to create a nice wing as well (if you're after a wing I found it stayed in place better when set lightly with a black eyeshadow over the top) the longevity was decent for a cheaper product, about 8 hours very crisp and then it did start to dull, but no horrific transfer, and it didn't vanish from my eyes

I'm naturally drawn to any product that comes with a brush, and this one is pretty good! Ithanks easily applies liner across my lashes line and can be used to smudge it out a bit as well. I prefer using a sharper brush if I'm doing a wing but it works for everything else !

I'd say it's definitely worth keeping in your kit, particularly if splashing out on eyeliner isn't for you (I really don't wear it often enough to justify a high end purchase myself)

on 2/3/2017 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really love this gel liner it is decent for oily lids an with proper brush Apply's efffortlessly

I really wanted to love this product, but I don't. It looks great when it's first applied but it smears within an hour or so, no matter what I do.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this for a few reasons I should explain. I was reading about eye MU w glasses surfing the web & they suggested different color eyeliners like maroon, navy, & eggplant. So I tried to put this liner on (I bought eggplant) & it is dam near impossible to build up a thin opaque line. It likes to slide around. I prefer my gels to be like MAC fluid like or calligraphie de Chanel and this ain't --it!!! This is nothing like fluidline it's not a dupe. I would rather wear ELF's creme liner. The brush is good I loved it. Would make a good lip brush I had this in black. I don't really remember it'.:/

on 11/8/2016 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm a terrible makeup snob. There, I've admitted it. But I had a coupon for Maybelline and CVS had a great sale, so I took a chance on this. It's a real winner for me. I've been looking for a replacement for my beloved, discontinued YSL Ashy Black liner, and the Charcoal shade of this is very close. It comes in a small glass jar, the opening of which is plenty big enough to get any kind of brush into. There's hint of shimmer to the liner, but hardly enough to be noticed when applied. It's well pigmented, creamy, applies easily, lasted all day on me without shifting or running or disappearing, and removed easily with a biphasic remover. And the brush that comes with it is not bad! It's flat--more like a BB liner brush than the traditional round shape--and it picked up and applied just the right amount on the first go. I'm impressed and have learned to be more open to drugstore products. I like this very much and will likely give the brown shade a try. I must start shopping at the drugstore more often!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought these again recently during 4-Days Special at Watsons Malaysia, in both colors available - black and brown. It was 50% off, so I told myself why not getting both colors? It's like buy 1 free 1.. Happy shopper!

I remember I used to have this when the brand newly introduced their gel eyeliner - the little pot container was in frosted glass and the brush was quite stiff. I used it for couple of times before it started to get hard and then I can't remember where I lost it.

I love how creamy the formula and smooth application back then and wanted to give another shot after using so many eyeliner pens these couple of years and I tend to miss the feeling to apply eyeliner using that little pot and the brush. The experience now is better with the decent brush provided in the packaging - I wouldn't say the brush is good but it's better than it was first introduced. I hate to buy a product which providing a useless brush/applicator. With this one, I think it is just okay - just IMHO, to achieve a better and precise application, I would use my other eyeliner brush.

As for the formula, I think it is still the same as before, creamy, very pigmented and easy to apply. What I love about these product is that, it is smudge proof and waterproof for my oily eyelids. The brush tends to pick up the product well and it sets on my eyelids almost instantly. Cleaning also is so simple, I just tap on my cotton pad poured with micellar water, and it's gone instantly.

Took 1 lippie for the price if it not on sale, normal selling price is about RM42-43 equivalent to $10-11, which I think quite expensive for a drugstore brand.

on 10/1/2016 3:21:00 AM

Its good for daily use.

I have oily skin and my eye makeup would usually smudge but this gel liner stays all day. I have to remove it cotton buds and makeup remover for a better result. Definitely must buy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was one of my first makeup purchases and - not gonna lie - back then, what drew me in to this particular gel liner was the fact that it included a brush, lol. It actually is a decent brush: you won't be able to get the crispest wing but it works just fine.

The formula of the liner itself is excellent: it's smooth enough to yield clean, non-crooked lines while at the same time retaining a bold color payoff. Unfortunately my wing does end up a little blurry as the day goes by. Not smudging, but just fading. I haven't tried this on the waterline, but it does not budge when I tightline my upper eyelashes.

Also, I swear that Blackest Black has a miniscule amount of silver glitter - for whatever reason, I don't know. But they're so sparse that they don't affect the overall color of the liner. Nevertheless, this gel liner is such a great deal that you can easily look past the (very minimal) faults.