Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

Pros
- easy to apply
- better than pencil liner

Cons
- smudges
- doesnt last longer than expected
- gives you panda eyes at the end of the day

on 6/29/2017 9:16:00 PM

SMUDGES.IF YOU WANT TO LOOK LIKE A PANDA BY THE END OF THE DAY, BUY THIS PRODUCT

Just a perfect gel liner. I even use the brush it comes with. It's easy to apply and drys quickly so you don't get have to worry about it transferring.
It doesn't run or get stuck in the corner of your eye.
I won't use any other. The loreal gel liner doesn't dry quick enough for me. For the price as well this product lasts such a long time it is worth it .

on 6/26/2017 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got the charcoal shade and it is NOT matte. It has shimmers in it, but the gel does glide on smoothly and the lid doesn't even twist on properly.

on 6/16/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

It actually applies easily and actually goes on.How unlike the horrible pencils,including rectractable ones. the best pencil is Prestige brand

on 5/27/2017 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

How did I lived without gel eyeliner?I used to apply liquid eyeliner,but the gel is better,smoother.
Maybelline lasting drama doesn't last 24h like they say,but pretty close to that.
I have it on blackest black and it really is black.It applies pretty easy with the incorporated brush.Or you can use it with brush for liquid eyeliner.
The only minus is that it dries quick in the pot.If you use it every day it doesn't has time to dries out,but if you use it now and then prepare to change it sooner than you think.

on 4/16/2017 1:59:00 PM

They say it is the best drugstore gel eyeliner and compare it to MAC Blacktrack. But for me it doesn't come even close. It is dry, thick and it smudges. Blacktrack is a true friend, reliable and loyal. This one doesn't draw a fine line. I may have got a bad one, even though I bought it from a very busy and central shop. Anyway, I am not buying a new one ever. I'm going straight back to black-track.

For what it's worth, It's a decent gel liner if you're just starting. It does rub off by the end of the day though. The liner also seems to be less pigmented than you would imagine. At the same time this allows you to have control over how dramatic or how subtle you want your eyeliner to be. This was more like a slightly wet smooshed pencil than a good gel eyeliner in my opinion. It's something I'll keep using but once I'm done I'll be looking for better textured products.

on 2/23/2017 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used to swear by the MAC fluidline and Bobbi Brown long wear gel eyeliners, so I'm so glad I stumbled across this one! In my opinion, it's a great replacement for both at a fraction of a price.

I have fair skin so I use the brown shade every day (it's still dark, just a little softer than black, and looks lovely with blue eyes) and I also have blackest black for a more dramatic night-time look.
They're both really pigmented, they glide on effortlessly, are quick drying and don't move once dry.

My only slight criticism would be that I sometimes find by the end of the day the wings/ tips have faded, but it's nothing major and for the money saved, I'm happy to live with it. (I should add that I do have fairly dry skin so I can't comment on the lasting power for people with oilier lids).

A pot easily lasts me 5-6 months of everyday use, and the gel doesn't dry out in the pot over time, which I found happened with the MAC & Bobbi Brown liners.

Since finding this, I've not gone back to the higher end products. I've repurchased many times and will continue to do so.
Would definitely recommend giving it a try!

on 2/22/2017 5:24:00 AM

This is a great little product! I have it in black noir I believe (might be blackest black, sorry) and it's perfect. The black is a true, vibrant black which is great, as I find a lot of product look a bit dull once on my skin. One layer is all that's needed to achieve a crisp, clear line and it's not overly creamy, which personally I like, as it stays where I put it

I usually use this one for a bit of a smokier look, or just to add definition to my lash line, but its great to create a nice wing as well (if you're after a wing I found it stayed in place better when set lightly with a black eyeshadow over the top) the longevity was decent for a cheaper product, about 8 hours very crisp and then it did start to dull, but no horrific transfer, and it didn't vanish from my eyes

I'm naturally drawn to any product that comes with a brush, and this one is pretty good! Ithanks easily applies liner across my lashes line and can be used to smudge it out a bit as well. I prefer using a sharper brush if I'm doing a wing but it works for everything else !

I'd say it's definitely worth keeping in your kit, particularly if splashing out on eyeliner isn't for you (I really don't wear it often enough to justify a high end purchase myself)