Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

I really wanted to love this product, but I don't. It looks great when it's first applied but it smears within an hour or so, no matter what I do.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this for a few reasons I should explain. I was reading about eye MU w glasses surfing the web & they suggested different color eyeliners like maroon, navy, & eggplant. So I tried to put this liner on (I bought eggplant) & it is dam near impossible to build up a thin opaque line. It likes to slide around. I prefer my gels to be like MAC fluid like or calligraphie de Chanel and this ain't --it!!! This is nothing like fluidline it's not a dupe. I would rather wear ELF's creme liner. The brush is good I loved it. Would make a good lip brush I had this in black. I don't really remember it'.:/

on 11/8/2016 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm a terrible makeup snob. There, I've admitted it. But I had a coupon for Maybelline and CVS had a great sale, so I took a chance on this. It's a real winner for me. I've been looking for a replacement for my beloved, discontinued YSL Ashy Black liner, and the Charcoal shade of this is very close. It comes in a small glass jar, the opening of which is plenty big enough to get any kind of brush into. There's hint of shimmer to the liner, but hardly enough to be noticed when applied. It's well pigmented, creamy, applies easily, lasted all day on me without shifting or running or disappearing, and removed easily with a biphasic remover. And the brush that comes with it is not bad! It's flat--more like a BB liner brush than the traditional round shape--and it picked up and applied just the right amount on the first go. I'm impressed and have learned to be more open to drugstore products. I like this very much and will likely give the brown shade a try. I must start shopping at the drugstore more often!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought these again recently during 4-Days Special at Watsons Malaysia, in both colors available - black and brown. It was 50% off, so I told myself why not getting both colors? It's like buy 1 free 1.. Happy shopper!

I remember I used to have this when the brand newly introduced their gel eyeliner - the little pot container was in frosted glass and the brush was quite stiff. I used it for couple of times before it started to get hard and then I can't remember where I lost it.

I love how creamy the formula and smooth application back then and wanted to give another shot after using so many eyeliner pens these couple of years and I tend to miss the feeling to apply eyeliner using that little pot and the brush. The experience now is better with the decent brush provided in the packaging - I wouldn't say the brush is good but it's better than it was first introduced. I hate to buy a product which providing a useless brush/applicator. With this one, I think it is just okay - just IMHO, to achieve a better and precise application, I would use my other eyeliner brush.

As for the formula, I think it is still the same as before, creamy, very pigmented and easy to apply. What I love about these product is that, it is smudge proof and waterproof for my oily eyelids. The brush tends to pick up the product well and it sets on my eyelids almost instantly. Cleaning also is so simple, I just tap on my cotton pad poured with micellar water, and it's gone instantly.

Took 1 lippie for the price if it not on sale, normal selling price is about RM42-43 equivalent to $10-11, which I think quite expensive for a drugstore brand.

on 10/1/2016 3:21:00 AM

Its good for daily use.

I have oily skin and my eye makeup would usually smudge but this gel liner stays all day. I have to remove it cotton buds and makeup remover for a better result. Definitely must buy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was one of my first makeup purchases and - not gonna lie - back then, what drew me in to this particular gel liner was the fact that it included a brush, lol. It actually is a decent brush: you won't be able to get the crispest wing but it works just fine.

The formula of the liner itself is excellent: it's smooth enough to yield clean, non-crooked lines while at the same time retaining a bold color payoff. Unfortunately my wing does end up a little blurry as the day goes by. Not smudging, but just fading. I haven't tried this on the waterline, but it does not budge when I tightline my upper eyelashes.

Also, I swear that Blackest Black has a miniscule amount of silver glitter - for whatever reason, I don't know. But they're so sparse that they don't affect the overall color of the liner. Nevertheless, this gel liner is such a great deal that you can easily look past the (very minimal) faults.

I bought this while looking for a good drugstore eyeliner option, and I definitely regret it. I absolutely love how this product looks on the eye. it is absolutely flawless. the consistency is wonderful. however, this liner transfers quite a bit, and that is a definite deal breaker for me. I'm sure most of you lovely ladies and gentlemen have probably had an eyeliner transfer to your crease or upper eyelid. We've all been there. It sucks. Since this is a gel formula, it's quite difficult to remove the transfer marks without using a makeup remover of some sort.
That being said, I do my eyeliner pretty thick, so that in combination with the formula is probably to blame. However, I have used or currently use Kat Von D Tattoo liner, Merle Norman Creme liner, and the Sephora liquid eyeliner. All of which have never transferred at all.
Final verdict; It looks beautiful on the lid but it transferred quite a bit. my experience may be different than yours, so I say give it a shot.

on 8/15/2016 4:03:00 PM

Ok, I wanted to use this a couple times before I gave an honest review and... I love it!

I just recently started doing winged liner again and decided to buy Blacktrack first, I used it when it first came out and remember really liking it! Well I bought again and wasn't impressed, the color isn't as black as it should be and it made my eyes itch! So it was back to the drawin board. So after reading reviews here, I decided to try this one, and I'm glad I did! The color is a perfect jet black and it goes on so smooth!! I use a primer (NYX shadow base) and powder all over the lid (studio fix), and it goes on perfect! Some have said that the formula isn't super creamy, but I actually like that, I find it eaiser to work with than Blacktrack which is definitely creamer. But that's just a personal preference, everyone will have their own opinions on that. Either way though, this lets me do the perfect winged eye very quickly too! And the brush that comes with it is pretty great, I like that the bristles are stiff, it makes applying it a breeze.

Great liner at a great price, I'd definitely buy again.

on 8/10/2016 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I had read loads of reviews about this gel eyeliner so I decided to give it a try.I really liked the fact that there was an eyeliner brush included,because it was my first experience with gel eyeliner at the time.I was also fond of its colour,as it's a really pigmented black shade.However,when I applied it,it felt really dry and chalky,even though I had applied eye primer on my lids.On top of that,it had already started to smudge in an hour at least.Needless to say,I was fairly disappointed as Maybelline is one of my favorite makeup brands!