Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - All Shades

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - All Shades

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This gel liner lasts forever on me. The dark brown is a perfect, rich shade, and I get zero irritation and very little smudging or fading, even on hot, sweaty days. I do, however, use this with a primer and sandwich a coat of eyeshadow between two things coats of liner.

I'm not crazy about the brush that comes with this, though, at least not for this liner - it's not a precision brush, which is what this liner needs.

on 5/7/2018 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This eyeliner smudges, and it smudges fast. I literally have days where I can apply this, and 10 seconds later, it has already smudged (I'm guessing from a small amount of oil near my eye?) I've tried to work with this by powdering over the liner. The powder does prevent it from smudging through the day, but powdering also makes the liner lighter and less intense, which is not what I want.
Drugstore wise, I think the L'oreal gel liner is so much easier to apply and does not smudge. This is going in the trash.

[0]

on 5/2/2018 2:56:00 PM

I have this liner in brown and it’s okey for the price, it is long wearing and goes quite sheer so you need to keep adding layers so it gets more opaque, zero smudge when used on my eyelids didn’t irritate my eyes but it’s not the most comfortable to wear in your waterline. It doesnt smudge if you happen to get watery eyed or cry. Overall I would really recommend you to give this one a try it’s long wearing you can build it up and doesn’t flakes or smudges even in hot weather for me :)

on 1/19/2018 12:20:00 PM

Jan. 2018. I would have given this liner a higher review but the sharpening process has a lot to be desired, as a matter of fact, I literally had to break off the turning clicking bottom piece and find a stopper (a modified soft rubber earring back, to fit snug) to push the eyeliner up with the stick portion of a broken Q-tip! What a mess. Please fix this dilemma and this product with be great. For now, I will be return to my H2O liquid, I guess.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like this eye liner I bought it in the brown shade,it does smudge initially a little on to the lower lid which some other eye liners including pencils do too,but then it stays on for many hours.I find the easiest best way to apply it on my top lid is to use a foam eye shadow applicator better than the brush it came with,although it's a nice eye liner brush too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

First thing to do is to throw out that brush girl because it is shit incarnate. The eyeliner is pretty good for drugstore...goes on smoothly...minimal transfer...can be fixed by powdering eyelids no doubt.

on 11/7/2017 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I’ve been using this eyeliner for years and years. It’s so easy to smoke out on the lower lash line or create a thin or thick line on the upper eyelid. It lasts forever and I really like the brush it comes with actually. I can make this eyeliner dramatic or light which is why I love it!

on 9/21/2017 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I liked this at first, very smooth texture, easy to apply. But without an eyelid primer this will smudge in minutes. I'm not crazy about it because it's quite hard to remove as well. I wouldn't purchase again. It's easier to use liquid liner in my opinion.

At first I liked the product, it was easy to apply, dried quickly, but as the time went by, it was smudging and my cateye wing started to fade. When I got home, ironically, I had to struggle to take it off with micellar water and a cotton ball, it felt like it was cemented on my eyelids. Also, the black color has some shimmer to it, which is not stated on the packaging.

Pros
- easy to apply
- better than pencil liner

Cons
- smudges
- doesnt last longer than expected
- gives you panda eyes at the end of the day