Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

I have oily skin and my eye makeup would usually smudge but this gel liner stays all day. I have to remove it cotton buds and makeup remover for a better result. Definitely must buy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was one of my first makeup purchases and - not gonna lie - back then, what drew me in to this particular gel liner was the fact that it included a brush, lol. It actually is a decent brush: you won't be able to get the crispest wing but it works just fine.

The formula of the liner itself is excellent: it's smooth enough to yield clean, non-crooked lines while at the same time retaining a bold color payoff. Unfortunately my wing does end up a little blurry as the day goes by. Not smudging, but just fading. I haven't tried this on the waterline, but it does not budge when I tightline my upper eyelashes.

Also, I swear that Blackest Black has a miniscule amount of silver glitter - for whatever reason, I don't know. But they're so sparse that they don't affect the overall color of the liner. Nevertheless, this gel liner is such a great deal that you can easily look past the (very minimal) faults.

To Read all 1549 Reviews, Login or Join

I bought this while looking for a good drugstore eyeliner option, and I definitely regret it. I absolutely love how this product looks on the eye. it is absolutely flawless. the consistency is wonderful. however, this liner transfers quite a bit, and that is a definite deal breaker for me. I'm sure most of you lovely ladies and gentlemen have probably had an eyeliner transfer to your crease or upper eyelid. We've all been there. It sucks. Since this is a gel formula, it's quite difficult to remove the transfer marks without using a makeup remover of some sort.
That being said, I do my eyeliner pretty thick, so that in combination with the formula is probably to blame. However, I have used or currently use Kat Von D Tattoo liner, Merle Norman Creme liner, and the Sephora liquid eyeliner. All of which have never transferred at all.
Final verdict; It looks beautiful on the lid but it transferred quite a bit. my experience may be different than yours, so I say give it a shot.

on 8/15/2016 4:03:00 PM

Ok, I wanted to use this a couple times before I gave an honest review and... I love it!

I just recently started doing winged liner again and decided to buy Blacktrack first, I used it when it first came out and remember really liking it! Well I bought again and wasn't impressed, the color isn't as black as it should be and it made my eyes itch! So it was back to the drawin board. So after reading reviews here, I decided to try this one, and I'm glad I did! The color is a perfect jet black and it goes on so smooth!! I use a primer (NYX shadow base) and powder all over the lid (studio fix), and it goes on perfect! Some have said that the formula isn't super creamy, but I actually like that, I find it eaiser to work with than Blacktrack which is definitely creamer. But that's just a personal preference, everyone will have their own opinions on that. Either way though, this lets me do the perfect winged eye very quickly too! And the brush that comes with it is pretty great, I like that the bristles are stiff, it makes applying it a breeze.

Great liner at a great price, I'd definitely buy again.

on 8/10/2016 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had read loads of reviews about this gel eyeliner so I decided to give it a try.I really liked the fact that there was an eyeliner brush included,because it was my first experience with gel eyeliner at the time.I was also fond of its colour,as it's a really pigmented black shade.However,when I applied it,it felt really dry and chalky,even though I had applied eye primer on my lids.On top of that,it had already started to smudge in an hour at least.Needless to say,I was fairly disappointed as Maybelline is one of my favorite makeup brands!

Definitely worth it. Wore this through a night of working out. No smearing at all! Depending where you buy it, it ranges about 10-13 dollars. Didn't go onto my eyelids. pigmentation is amazing. The brush isn't the best, but I use real techniques silicone gel brush for eyeliner with it and it's great. Bonus: it's a dupe for Nars eye paint, better quality & oil free for those of us with eyelash extensions! will continue to buy this as my go to gel eyeliner in the future. Thanks Maybelline!

on 8/3/2016 7:18:00 PM

I can't believe how long lasting this thing is. It's summer, my eyelids get super sweaty / oily, I'm not wearing any base and this thing did hold for +8h without any sign of smudging. It was easy to apply, had great pigmentation (I got the black one and it's not grey-ish at all) and it was easily removed with a bi-phase eye makeup remover. Seriously better than all the gel liners I tried in the past (MAC, clinic and Dior). Only downside is the brush which is too thick to achieve the cat eyes look I was going for, but us makeup addict already have all the brushes in the world, so... The brush included in the package will make a great lips brush in my kit.

on 7/27/2016 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great gel liner considering the price point. The consistency is fluid enough to glide on lids, the pigmentation is good (I bought black - dark enough for daily wear but maybe not dramatic enough for my liking) and the brush is pretty good too - not too soft or stiff and easy to maneuver. I'm not expert with liners (haven't perfected my winged liner!) but I find this baby easy to use. I've not had any problems of it drying out despite owning this for months.

The 36 hour smudge proof claim on its packaging is a real stretch though, my liner disappears and/or smudges towards the evening after 8 hours wear, even if I've got primer on, but that's good enough for me. A thumbs up for me.

on 7/6/2016 10:00:00 PM

Best eyeliner on the market. Creamy and doesn't smudge or move. Fantastic amount, too. Heavy glass jar. The brush needs to be trimmed with scissors on the sides and it is golden for application. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great product and and low price (especially as it comes with a brush). Some said the brush's too harsh, well, compare to the BB one, but I found it alright--yep, I've tried something worse, though that was a dirt cheap one.