Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 6/16/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

It actually applies easily and actually goes on.How unlike the horrible pencils,including rectractable ones. the best pencil is Prestige brand

on 5/27/2017 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

How did I lived without gel eyeliner?I used to apply liquid eyeliner,but the gel is better,smoother.
Maybelline lasting drama doesn't last 24h like they say,but pretty close to that.
I have it on blackest black and it really is black.It applies pretty easy with the incorporated brush.Or you can use it with brush for liquid eyeliner.
The only minus is that it dries quick in the pot.If you use it every day it doesn't has time to dries out,but if you use it now and then prepare to change it sooner than you think.

on 4/16/2017 1:59:00 PM

They say it is the best drugstore gel eyeliner and compare it to MAC Blacktrack. But for me it doesn't come even close. It is dry, thick and it smudges. Blacktrack is a true friend, reliable and loyal. This one doesn't draw a fine line. I may have got a bad one, even though I bought it from a very busy and central shop. Anyway, I am not buying a new one ever. I'm going straight back to black-track.

For what it's worth, It's a decent gel liner if you're just starting. It does rub off by the end of the day though. The liner also seems to be less pigmented than you would imagine. At the same time this allows you to have control over how dramatic or how subtle you want your eyeliner to be. This was more like a slightly wet smooshed pencil than a good gel eyeliner in my opinion. It's something I'll keep using but once I'm done I'll be looking for better textured products.

on 2/23/2017 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used to swear by the MAC fluidline and Bobbi Brown long wear gel eyeliners, so I'm so glad I stumbled across this one! In my opinion, it's a great replacement for both at a fraction of a price.

I have fair skin so I use the brown shade every day (it's still dark, just a little softer than black, and looks lovely with blue eyes) and I also have blackest black for a more dramatic night-time look.
They're both really pigmented, they glide on effortlessly, are quick drying and don't move once dry.

My only slight criticism would be that I sometimes find by the end of the day the wings/ tips have faded, but it's nothing major and for the money saved, I'm happy to live with it. (I should add that I do have fairly dry skin so I can't comment on the lasting power for people with oilier lids).

A pot easily lasts me 5-6 months of everyday use, and the gel doesn't dry out in the pot over time, which I found happened with the MAC & Bobbi Brown liners.

Since finding this, I've not gone back to the higher end products. I've repurchased many times and will continue to do so.
Would definitely recommend giving it a try!

on 2/22/2017 5:24:00 AM

This is a great little product! I have it in black noir I believe (might be blackest black, sorry) and it's perfect. The black is a true, vibrant black which is great, as I find a lot of product look a bit dull once on my skin. One layer is all that's needed to achieve a crisp, clear line and it's not overly creamy, which personally I like, as it stays where I put it

I usually use this one for a bit of a smokier look, or just to add definition to my lash line, but its great to create a nice wing as well (if you're after a wing I found it stayed in place better when set lightly with a black eyeshadow over the top) the longevity was decent for a cheaper product, about 8 hours very crisp and then it did start to dull, but no horrific transfer, and it didn't vanish from my eyes

I'm naturally drawn to any product that comes with a brush, and this one is pretty good! Ithanks easily applies liner across my lashes line and can be used to smudge it out a bit as well. I prefer using a sharper brush if I'm doing a wing but it works for everything else !

I'd say it's definitely worth keeping in your kit, particularly if splashing out on eyeliner isn't for you (I really don't wear it often enough to justify a high end purchase myself)

on 2/3/2017 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really love this gel liner it is decent for oily lids an with proper brush Apply's efffortlessly

I really wanted to love this product, but I don't. It looks great when it's first applied but it smears within an hour or so, no matter what I do.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this for a few reasons I should explain. I was reading about eye MU w glasses surfing the web & they suggested different color eyeliners like maroon, navy, & eggplant. So I tried to put this liner on (I bought eggplant) & it is dam near impossible to build up a thin opaque line. It likes to slide around. I prefer my gels to be like MAC fluid like or calligraphie de Chanel and this ain't --it!!! This is nothing like fluidline it's not a dupe. I would rather wear ELF's creme liner. The brush is good I loved it. Would make a good lip brush I had this in black. I don't really remember it'.:/

on 11/8/2016 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Update to original review, 3/7/17: OK, I give up. Despite storing this upside-down and spritzing the surface with Evian or MAC Fix+ after each use, this was rock-dry when i opened it this morning. Into the garbage it went. Sometimes it's better to pay a little more for something I use often and need to go on well and quickly than to save. Too bad, because I loved the Charcoal shade.

I'm a terrible makeup snob. There, I've admitted it. But I had a coupon for Maybelline and CVS had a great sale, so I took a chance on this. It's a real winner for me. I've been looking for a replacement for my beloved, discontinued YSL Ashy Black liner, and the Charcoal shade of this is very close. It comes in a small glass jar, the opening of which is plenty big enough to get any kind of brush into. There's hint of shimmer to the liner, but hardly enough to be noticed when applied. It's well pigmented, creamy, applies easily, lasted all day on me without shifting or running or disappearing, and removed easily with a biphasic remover. And the brush that comes with it is not bad! It's flat--more like a BB liner brush than the traditional round shape--and it picked up and applied just the right amount on the first go. I'm impressed and have learned to be more open to drugstore products. I like this very much and will likely give the brown shade a try. I must start shopping at the drugstore more often!