Maybelline Color Sensational - Yummy Plummy

Maybelline Color Sensational - Yummy Plummy

4.6

on 2/26/2014 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this lipstick online because of the amazing reviews it has here and the gorgeous pictures of it online. I even bought a back-up because I was so sure that I'd love it. Well, I've been wearing it for over a year and I've come to accept that it's not flattering on me. I have black hair and a cool-to-neutral skintone with naturally very pigmented lips. On my face, this lipstick comes across as a warm-toned deep brownish rose. With a name like "Yummy Plummy", I would expect, and wish to see, stronger purple undertones. I dislike how brown-leaning the lipstick is. It reminds me of '90s make-up. It looks dull and muddy. It is darker than my natural lip color and makes my lips look thinner. I'm 24 and it makes me look older, but not in a sophisticated way; in a mumsy, dowdy, and dated way. Needless to say, I believe there was a reason why this lipstick was discontinued.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm probably NC 10/15, neutral to cooler undertone, dark brunette hair --- Yummy Plummy is a great color for me. A lot of lip products turn orange on me, so I tend to gravitate to plum shades to avoid this. A caveat with plums is, they can be too dark, too muddy purple or too vibrant/shocking purple. Yummy Plummy is a true, "clear" (meaning no brown) color.
Really nice formula, not drying at all, doesn't accentuate lip lines or do anything weird. No obvious glitter or frostiness. Very light fruity smell which I only notice when first applying. 5 lippies!

To Read all 44 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/25/2013 6:48:00 AM

Color Sensational lipsticks are my favorite lipsticks--love everything about them. Great quality at an amazing price. Moisturizing, great coverage and pigmentation, just beautiful. I just keep on adding to my collection of these!

Yummy Plummy is a beautiful plum color, although it leans cool, and I look best in warm tones. But I still wear this, because it is a pretty color, and it's a nice change sometimes.

I love this color! I bought it because it was on sale and I wasn't sure what I would think about this purple, but it's really more of a neutral mauve with pink undertones. I have a medium complexion, and on my lips it looks natural with a little punch of plum color. I often reach for this color during the autumn/winter months and I think it really adds a nice touch to any neutral eye. The consistency is moisturizing and it has pretty decent color pay off with usually 4-5 hours before wearing off or having to re-apply.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Yummy Plummy is a beautiful cool plum color with pink tones. It is long-wearing and is very flattering on my complexion. It is the perfect plum color for fair skin - not too purple or dark so that it can be worn during the day and still be perfect for night.

on 12/31/2012 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Love this shade on my skintone. For reference im a NC43 in mac. This lipstick really compliments the natural color of my lips. I love to wear it during the day but its also good to go out at night.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Oh, what a lovely colour! Smells nice too, a bit like strawberrs n cream lollies.

Don't be fooled by what the actual lipstick looks like as the colour it is totaly different once applied to your lips. To get a few examples, get on Google image search and type in "maybelline yummy plummy" this should give you a good idea of what it looks like on your lips.

Cost me $14.39 from a discount chemist in Brisbane.

this is a very natural and beautiful light plum. it's a MLBB lip color that is ever so slightly darker than my natural lips, but makes them look fuller and more put together. The lipstick is pretty firm, and it smells exactly like Twizzlers candy (which doesn't bother me at all). it goes on matte but at the same time it's a little sheer, so you can build it up. it's a very pretty enhancement and I would highly recommend it for pretty, natural lips.

on 7/24/2012 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this color. It looks like an enhanced natural shade of my lips. The color is a perfect berry that complements my skin tone and a nice neutral eye.
My only complaint is that I hate the smell/taste. However, I think I just got a bad tube. I own other Colorsenational lipsticks and they all have a nice scent and taste. I love this color too much to waste it though :)

on 4/6/2012 5:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Gorgeous shade, delicious scent, too (makes me want to wear it more often!). The plum shade still looks very natural; I don't apply that much to begin with...I'm usually satisfied with a hint of color as opposed to a shock of color. Though when I apply a bit more, it makes my green eyes stand out, which is a bonus!

Popular Lipsticks