Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner in Granite

Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner in Granite

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very pretty color! But it failed to stay on my eyelids for more than three ours. With primer or without I couldn't make or work. I like MAC gel liners way better, they stay all day long.

on 10/3/2011 6:25:00 PM

This is was definitely a splurge for me! But I knew I had to pickup a new eyeliner...

Anyway, let us get to the pros and cons:

PROS:

Easy to apply

Well pigmented

A good amount of product

CONS:

Price

Oh and this color was the most popular at the store! I would recommend this to anyone!

on 8/6/2011 7:03:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff! I have very fair skin, so I only wear black eyeliner for nights out. But I do still prefer gel eyeliner during the day because the heat and humidity here in Central Florida is wicked in the summer. Granite Ink is the perfect daytime color as it defines my lash line without looking harsh. It goes on a medium gray but quickly dries to a very dark matte gray. It look great with Bobbie Brown Heather eyeshadow or Clinique Stone Violet shadow. It's also the prefect consistency for tightlining without smearing it everywhere. With the e.l.f. Bent eyeliner brush this goes on super smooth with a very thin line. Once it dries it's not going anywhere, but when you use face wash it comes right off without any fight. It's the perfect color and the perfect gel liner. Nothing else really compares. Plus it's the only gel liner I've bought that doesn't dry out within a month or two, which is so frustrating. It's worth every penny, and I'm never going back!

on 8/21/2011 6:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I am still relatively new to liners (gel and liquid) but I like using them to create a thin dark line to help define my lashes. Sometimes I tightline but I usually just do a very thin line. Anyway I started with MAC Black track could never get a fine line because no matter what I do the brush skips.

On a whim (and because of other good reviews) I decided to try the Bobbi Brown gel liner. I chose Granite because I wanted something dark but not quite black for day use. What a huge difference there is . . . this liner is so smooth on application. I'm able to create very fine lines and even a decent little wing if I want. (Granted, I practiced a lot with the MAC fluidline so apparently my "skills" were improving even though the results were pretty crummy.) The color is exactly what i wanted - it has a little sparkle to it but that doesn't really show up much on me. It stays in place with no smudging or transfer and cleans off with my normal makeup removal routine.

I've only had it for 2 weeks so I can't comment on how well the product lasts in the jar. While open I put the jar upside down on the counter to limit the amount of air getting in. Hopefully it will stay usable until I use it up.

I just purchased in chocolate and will probably go back for the black before too long. This is a nice product that does what I want it to do.

This is one of my favorite eyeliners--I use it at least a few times a week. I apply it with the Sephora #17 brush, which is thin and pointed. It lasts all day for me, and I have no complaints about smudging or flaking, which is more than I can say for other gel liners. Granite ink is black, but a bit softer than Caviar ink, another gel liner in this line. I have had my little jar for about a year, and it's still as moist and creamy as the day I bought it.

This review is for Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Granite Ink. This is a fabulous product! The colour gets darker as it dries, to a neutral dark grey. The consistency is smooth, it applies evenly and sets quickly. I find it easiest to apply this over pencil eyeliner. It is expensive (NZ$52), but lasts a long time because you use so little per application. The packaging is decent, a sturdy but attractive screw top jar. I store it upside down to prevent drying out. HG eyeliner - I would repurchase.

on 5/16/2010 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Granite and Mahogany are the two favorites in my BB Gel Eye Liner collection - by far I use these two the most. Granite is a great match with steel grey or taupey grey eye looks. It is a cool shade which adds stronger definition to my light grey green eyes and suits my skin coloring well. I am MAC NW15 for reference. I tried Black Ink but I just don't feel I can pull it off, so Granite is my go-to shade for more dramatic looks instead of the full-blown straight black. It is a softened, greyisch black and in some lights I also seem to detect the slightest hint of teal, overall I find it very complex and interesting. Happy with this purchase which was inspired by (what else!) another great MUAer :D

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Nice departure from Espresso for a bit. Seems just a tad deeper than Espresso and offers a coolness that I don't find with Espresso. This is a very wearable dark gray; against my skin, this does not pull any blue as most grays do. This reminds me of a deeper version of MAC's Copperplate eyeshadow, almost a yellow component that prevents it from looking brash. Definitely a softer version of black, for when black is too harsh. This truly looks gray against my skin but is deep enough to encourage my eye color to stand out, much like a black. I purchased this a while ago but haven't given it much love because I've been in more of a softer, bronze mode for summer, but had to haul this one out as I haven't had much sleep and this doesn't emphasize the redness in my eyes the way bronzes and browns can when I am tired. Definitely one to check out, I can see this working for a variety of skin tones. Not your average gray, either.

on 7/26/2010 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Despite all the cheaper gel liners that are now out on the market, I always find myself reaching back for this one. It's creamy and really just glides on. It doesn't dry out nearly as fast as the other liners I've tried, and it's easy to take off. I don't have to tug on my eyes to remove it like I had to with L'oreal's Cream eyeliner.

bobbi brown's eyeliner i must say is alot alot better than maybelline's one. it is alot creamier and easy to apply. it just glides on.

however i do not want this colour. the SA just kind of psychoed me to get granite. but what i want is the black ink or something. the really intense black. the colour of this isn't really intense. it is more like for a smokey eye look i guess?

the packaging is alright i guess. just abit afraid of the product drying out before i can finish using it. =x

i feel that buying this colour is a waste of money. :/ i would prefer to get a brown and black ink.